November 2015 Moms
Options

Formal maternity gown

Does anyone know where I can find a very nice formal maternity gown? I am attending a wedding in July and it is a very formal upscale wedding. Everything I am finding for maternity is so plain and not very formal for this type of wedding (groom is in the NFL). Any help or insight I can get would be greatly appreciated! I am really looking for a floor length gown.

Re: Formal maternity gown

• Options
    I went to the Marine Corps birthday ball about 2 weeks before giving birth and had the same trouble. I didn't like any maternity dresses I was seeing. Im normally very petite so I ended up going to David's bridal and buying a regular dress that was several sizes bigger. It was also a dress that was flowy at the waist. You can always go that route and find a regular dress in a larger size. 
  • Options
    You may have better luck finding answers with your birth month group.  Most of us are no longer pregnant, or are in the early stages of round 2. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You may have better luck finding answers with your birth month group.  Most of us are no longer pregnant, or are in the early stages of round 2. 

Yea- after I posted this I realized I hit Nov 2015 instead of 2016... I'm just going to blame it on the pregnancy brain (I've been dead tired lately). Thanks any way ladies! sorry!!!
  • Options
    I know you're probably going to repost this on your birth month group, but as someone who was in the same position last July- Rent the Runway was the perfect solution. You can filter to "bump friendly" dresses and the depending on how much weight you've gained decide to order your normal size or a size or two up. They also send you two sizes per dress to up your chances you'll get a good fit. If it's your first time renting from them they usually will give you a good promo code too. Good luck!
  • Options
    gipfishgipfish member
    I ordered a maternity bridesmaid gown from JJ's House and was very happy with it. :-)
  • Options
    I realize you are probably re-posting in the Nov 2016 group, although I feel like we probably can offer as much if not more help, since the Nov 2016 ladies are probably not bumping yet :) I went to a wedding when I was 38 weeks along and found some super cute options on the ASOS site! 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*