October 2015 Moms
Options

Teething poops...

edited May 2016 in October 2015 Moms
Baby boy has been teething for two weeks now. Gnawing on everything - toys, tags on his boppy, ME - tons of drooling...and BAD BAD BAD TEETHING POOPS.

ive done some research - I know the Internet can be misleading and the cause of anxiety, but I've been reading that greenish, mucousy poops are normal during teething, bc of the excess drooling that babes go through.

my LO's poop also SMELLS HORRIBLE!!! Like acidic, and vinegary. I've read in some places that this is normal as well, while other moms have never experienced this at all.

a nurse at his ped said green stool and loose stool are norm but wasn't sure about the smell either...

now I'm freaking out thinking this could be an allergy? He is BF. Could be a dairy allergy to something in my diet...?

no other symptoms like rashes or anything. 

any help would be greatly appreciated. TYIA! 

Re: Teething poops...

• Options
    My oldest had bad teething poops and would get rashes from the acid within minutes if they weren't changed immediately.  If it took me over 5 minutes to get to him he would be horribly red.  They also smelled odd so I could tell before I opened the diaper exactly what was waiting for me.  Vinegar is a good descriptor, this sounds exactly what he would have.