December 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone starting swim lessons at 6 mo?

laura6006laura6006 member
edited May 2016 in December 2015 Moms
Thinking about starting lessons at the Y. My mom did it with me and said she had a blast and that it's more of a bonding thing.

Anyone starting swim lessons at 6 mo? 62 votes

Yes
40% 25 votes
No
14% 9 votes
Haven't thought about it
22% 14 votes
Maybe
22% 14 votes

Re: Anyone starting swim lessons at 6 mo?

• Options
    Yes I can't wait
  • Options
    Yes! I am really looking forward to it. I have a feeling my husband and I will be fighting over who gets to do it with her :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    taysuntaysun member
    I'm thinking about it. It honestly depends on the cost/my ability to get there but I'd like to be able to. 
  • Options
    We don't do lessons but we take the wee man swimming every week! 
  • Options
    We are going to Mexico in July so I want DS to be as comfortable as possible in the water. 
  • Options
    Yes! Our local Y starts them at 6mo and I can't wait. She loves swimming in the tub.
  • Options
    I feel like 6 months is a little young, but I would love to hear how it goes! I can be persuaded...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tepr14tepr14 member
    I haven't really thought about it, I'd be interested in finding out how that goes! I'd love to get lo out in the water at some point...beyond his baths, which he still does not enjoy so it makes me a little hesitant at the thought of swim lessons.
  • Options
    We started at three months! Baby boy loves it! 
  • Options
    I want to sooo badly but my DH is scared of swimming and my anxiety around strangers keeps me away.... :( 
  • Options
    We started at 2 mos - so fun! 
  • Options
    We tried this with DD. She loved the first lesson - squealed and laughed the whole time. She hated the rest of them. She screamed and cried throughout the entire lesson for all the rest. I'm not planning on repeating it with DS. We may try when he's older. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I want to but I'm terrified at the same time o.o
  • Options
    I've been thinking about it. My older daughter just started swimming lessons at the high school (at nearly 6yo, I know, I'm a horrible mother), and they have a "Mommy and Baby" swimming class that I might check out, if we can swing it financially. It's not that expensive, but every little thing adds up! 
  • Options
    biz201biz201 member
    My boy has been swimming since he was 6 weeks old! Little underwater baby! X