March 2016 Moms
Options

UO anyone?

Saw someone else's thread mentioning the decrease in traffic on our BMB here, so here's an effort to get us ladies talking!

Anyone have any unpopular opinions to share??

Re: UO anyone?

• Options
    SmallyMcSmallSmallyMcSmall member
    edited May 2016
    My UO is that I can't stand the way my MIL talks to my son sometimes. She'll talk to him in such a high pitched voice, it's almost as if she's talking to a dog, not her grandson. I feel like, you wouldn't talk to a 1 or 2 year old like that, why would you talk that way to an infant??

Not to mention, she also seems to be obsessed with his bowel movements. Always asking him (in that high pitched voice) if he's going to poop. Like no, he already went today, doesn't go more than once a day, and why do you care? Idk I just think it's a weird to ask about someone else's poop- baby or not.

ETA: just realized that this would probably have been more relevant to FFF, but I want to get the ball rolling here!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, I have one more. Call me old and out of touch but I don't get this whole Twitter, instagram, Snapchat, Reddit business. I don't understated them, don't know how to navigate them, and don't get the hype. Can't you do all of that on fb (which is the only one I can use)? Ha!
  • Options
    Oh, I have one more. Call me old and out of touch but I don't get this whole Twitter, instagram, Snapchat, Reddit business. I don't understated them, don't know how to navigate them, and don't get the hype. Can't you do all of that on fb (which is the only one I can use)? Ha!
    This! (And I'm on the younger end of the spectrum at 24) not too long ago, a user here was doing a giveaway (a sweet idea nonetheless) and was using Instagram (or one of those pointless social media apps) to do so and I was so tempted to say that most women here most likely don't use it and won't for just a single giveaway! I feel like this logic was backed up by the fact that nobody replied to the thread. I could be wrong, but either way, boo to those horrendous apps!
  • Options
    @SmallyMcSmall do we have the same MIL? Even worse, sometimes SO starts doing it when she leaves. 

I dont understand people who have time to
    keep up with so many social media accounts. I have a Facebook and an Instagram but I've never posted on Instagram. I don't understand Twitter...why can't you just post your tweet on Facebook? Idk. 

• Options
    meg_2006meg_2006 member
    edited May 2016
    I'm right there with all of you. I had an Instagram for awhile, but everyone posts their Instagram photos on Facebook also, so there was really no point except the filters. 

Don't even get me started on my disgust for selfies...

wow we sound really old!

Anniversary

• Options
    I won't ever own a smart phone. I get some looks in public when I whip out my basic little touch screen phone, but I'd rather spend the money for data on actual necessities each month. I'm 25 but fairly backwards technologically.

And I'm seconding all the confusion and repulsion toward extra social media. Feels good to know I'm not alone.
  • Options
    You can't do everything on Facebook. Like this cute pic. It's curtesy of snap chat. I also don't do Twitter. 
  • Options
    Snapchat is my jam. 
  • Options
    MamaRoniMamaRoni member
    edited May 2016
    Baby is 2 months old and DH father has only seen him once.... DH sister and grown niece haven't bothered to see him EVER.... and they all live about 2 miles away... UGH JERKS

I THINK I'm about to switch to tummy sleeping for DS. He absolutely hates having his arms pinned in swaddle and otherwise he flails all around. This mama needs sleep! 
  • Options
    My mom makes no effort to come to our place and see her grandson (even though we only like about 15 minutes away from her) because she apparently "can't"  leave her dogs along for that long but has no problem leaving and going shopping and having lunch with her friend. It really bothers me because she was so adamant about spending time with him before he was born and she is the only grandparent that lives close (DH's parents live in Cali) and it's her first grandchild. But yet she calls my sister and cries that she never gets to see him. Apparently I'm supposed to pack up everything for LO anytime she wants to see him instead of her coming to see him in his home where he is most comfortable. I suppose this is more for a WTF Wednesday but needed a quick vent!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My other UO is that I've been putting my LO on his tummy for some of his day naps when I can keep an eye on him. I know that most say this is a HUGE no no but he sleeps so well on his tummy and since it his naps and I can watch him, I don't feel horrible about it (still goes down on his back at night).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD sleeps on her tummy for naps when I'm close by and I check on her a ton. she's swaddled on her back at night. Sometimes you just have to do what you need to do to get things done.