Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

D&C being made very stressful for me

hi everyone , 
you would think something that is already tearing u apart and breaking your heart wouldn't be made even more difficult . I understand things can be complicated at times but anyways i found out the bad news last fri , it is now tues I am hoping to get this done by the end of the week. I get a call from the surgeon last night , he gives me his # and the number of the scheduler I guess . He says there might be an open room at a hospital btw an hour away from where I live at 2:30 today , he says someone will call me by 9:30 this morning to confirm. I end up calling the lady at 9 am this morning because I have had awful heartburn & diarrhea the last 2 days and last night I could barely eat anything so of course I wake up this morning and am very lightheaded and almost pass out I know it's in my best interest to get some sugar in me and that's what I do . The lady at 9am tells me that it does not look like he will do surgery today but I will call u to get a day scheduled. So I wait a little more and I finally eat because I am so sick. The doctor just calls me at 12 and says did u eat? It's like ya I did I have been waiting all morning and have been sick I needed to eat , he says well I just got the go ahead for today . Are u kidding me ? So I am supposed to drop everything and try and get there ASAP with no normal scheduling. And btw my husband would have had no heads up or time to get home to be with me .... Is this supposed to be this hard? Did I do something wrong? Just very frustrated 

Re: D&C being made very stressful for me

• HLD3194HLD3194 member
    I am so sorry you are dealing with this nonsense. Personally, my Dr's office called the next morning after my apt when I found out baby had passed and the nurse set everything up. All she needed to know was if I would prefer Thurs or Fri. I choose Thurs and she took care of everything else. I was preregistered in the hospital so all I had to do was check in go to day surgery and wait to be taken back. It definitely sounds like someone is not doing their part. I would maybe call them again and be very persistent. Again so sorry for your loss.
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    I'm so sorry this is being made more stressful than it needs to be. I had a similar experience to @crazypt2285, but it took a little longer to get in for the surgery. Found out the heart had stopped on a Thursday, had to go in again on Friday for a pre-op appointment, and then the surgery was on Wednesday. They took care of setting the surgery up and called me the evening before to confirm the timeslot. 

I hope that things work out for you and that you don't have to go through any more stress. Take care of yourself. 

Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Loading the player...
  • I am sorry for your loss and for what's going on now with the surgery. I didn't confirm what day I'd be having the surgery until the morning of, but it was around 7 am (although I had to call, got tired of waiting), so I wasn't waiting around unable to eat like you were. And it sucks to be sick like that and not be able to eat. The experience wasn't great, as some of the staff said really odd things, but not nearly what you are going through trying to schedule. I don't think you did anything wrong at all. Hugs. 
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN