Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL weekly check-in 5/2

Sorry it's a day late ladies.  Had an early doctors appointment that I followed up with a day out with my mom.  FYI all appointments are made that much better if you follow it up with burgers, the mall and pedicures!

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. How far along are you? EDD? 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: 

5. Questions:

6.  Since we are all at different stages.  Who has a nursery set up already and who has ideas?  Bonus for pictures!

7. GTKY: What are some of your guilty pleasure TV shows?

Re: PGAL weekly check-in 5/2

• 2. How far along are you? EDD? 
    14w5d, October 27

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    Still nauseous most of the time. 

Feeling baby movement!

5. Questions:

6.  Since we are all at different stages.  Who has a nursery set up already and who has ideas?  Bonus for pictures!
    Havent even started on the nursery yet. We won't decide on a theme until we know baby's sex.

Friends, Sex and the City, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• 2. How far along are you? EDD?  9w3d

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: PGAL brain is driving me crazy, I keep thinking: where are my symptoms? Nausea has subsided, so I am freaking out a little. I keep checking out my boobs, they are just as big but not as painful.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: tomorrow's u/s and then good results from early screening.

5. Questions: can someone give me some info on NIPT screening? I should be eligible for it.

it's too early for me, but I am saving up some ideas on Pinterest and DH started looking at baby furniture so that we can have an idea of prices etc (this will be our first LO)

7. GTKY: What are some of your guilty pleasure TV shows? Real housewives and kardashians (such trash!). Please don't judge ;) 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
    14 weeks.  11-2 due date but induction at the end of October for this lady.
    3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    Had a great appointment yesterday.  Got to hear the baby's heartbeat and didn't even take her long to do find it.
     My husband totally forced me to ask my doctor if female sperm live longer and swim slower and male are the opposite.  I joked about asking and wasn't going to actually do it but he sold me out!  Turns out there is no research to back that myth.  It kind of crushed my husband he really thought it was true and meant a girl was in our future.  Poor guy.  We did learn that female fetuses are stronger than male.  I love my doctor and how she always shares studies and just random facts it's very interesting to me. 
    About 2-1/2 weeks until my genetic panel comes back.  Ignorance is bliss and I kind of miss it!

5. Questions: 
    not now

Our nursery is already set up from our son we lost.  I think I tweak it a little depending on what this baby ends up being. It's woodland themed and it's my favorite room of the house. This was a progress pic when we were still putting it together!
    (Hope that worked I'm on mobile)

Most reality shows on Bravo and Teen Mom.

9 weeks 5 days, 12/1

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    @queenklau my symptoms are also better but then I have days that they are worse again.  My boobs stopped hurting.  Nausea is better.  More energy.  But I'm now doing this weird gagging thing after I eat.  Not sure what that is.

Next appointment is next Monday, hoping we will hear baby's heartbeat on Doppler.  Then on to the NT scan.

5. Questions: 
    None

We actually live in a 2 bedroom apt and are hoping to buy a house next spring so we probably won't really bother decorating baby's room until we buy the house.

I love Criminal Minds (DH hates it).  I also really like CSI.
  • @penelope4612,  I am also dealing with gagging, after I eat and esp. when I brush my teeth (much worse than normal). Ok maybe 6-8 weeks are the worst. Now nausea is on and off. Glad to hear it is totally normal. Thanks that makes me feel much better.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 2. How far along are you? EDD?   17w4d, EDD is now Sept 30 or earlier.

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: What the heck is up with my pregnancy having to be so darn "special"?  Can't I just have a boring ol normal pregnancy?  Let's see what I'm up to:  Got pregnant within 6 hours of the doc giving us the go-ahead post d&c (apparently we're ridiculously talented  ;)  ), Failed an early glucose tolerance test (in grand fashion I might add!), Started insulin fro GD and now sleepwalk EVERY night even though that's "not a side effect" according to the diabetes doc, and have lost 8 lbs this pregnancy and yet have a waistline that is already 6 inches larger than Christmas...  what's up with that?

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to:  20w appt should be a fun peek at baby again but really, viability is the real goal right now.

5. Questions: see above rant  ;)

6.  Since we are all at different stages.  Who has a nursery set up already and who has ideas?  Bonus for pictures!   We're in the process of emptying the husband's upstairs office for a nursery now (he'll share my office downstairs) but we're shooting for a "hiker baby" theme heavy on the colors and views seen while out for a hike in our area.  Squirrels, deer, robins, prairie dogs, a bison or two and maybe even a jackalope.  The walls will be the color of the sky over the mountains and then I'm doing a mountain mural on one wall.  It should be fun!
    inspiration:

7. GTKY: What are some of your guilty pleasure TV shows?  I feel guilty for none of it!  The Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, and Life in Pieces are pretty much my favorite shows.  I DO record all A Baby story stowing too though....  maybe a tad of guilt

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @anna.oskar I don't think mobile is letting me tag..... Idk.  When I was 16 I went on a trip to Spain and one of the chaperones was an art student and we really hit it off.  She drew me this awesome sketch of a jackalope on some hotel stationery.  I saved it in a folder for 14 years and it's now framed and hanging in our nursery.  

I love your nursery idea!
  • chloe97chloe97 member

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): 

Hi all- I'm Chloe. I haven't checked in here in awhile, been mostly posting on my BMB. I'm the one who had a very slow rising HCG at 6 weeks and then got a great HB at 6 weeks. We had our last u/s at 10+4 and heart still is doing great.

11+4 already! Due 11/20

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: My Panorama came back no results due to low fetal fraction after my draw at 9+5. I had a redraw at 10+5, but for some reason it took 5 days to get to the lab. I'm pretty much counting on another "no results" draw because this baby is very stingy with his/her hormones/DNA. I'm not overweight enough for it to effect the results, so my Dr warned me that it could be because of abnormalities. We have our NT scan on Tuesday and if there are issues for concern, we are considering a CVS. Otherwise, we will do one last draw at 13 weeks and have an Amnio at 16 weeks. I was really hoping to feel more in the clear as we reach the the end of the first tri, but I just feel more terrified. 

Any good test showing that the baby is ok-we will take it in any form.

5. Questions: Anyone have stories of Low fetal fraction that turned out ok?

6.  Since we are all at different stages.  Who has a nursery set up already and who has ideas?  Bonus for pictures! Nope! 

Im still holding on to Greys Anatomy. That shows gotten good this year!

• 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

Hi ladies! I posted a separate thread saying hi but I didn't want to participate here until I got my second beta back. #1 came back at 19 and it nearly quadrupled to 74 in 48 hours. I was thrilled to hear that increase that I'm pretty happy today but I know the anxiety will creep in as the days to my 1st appointment go by. 

DH and I are 28 year old high school sweethearts. Together for 12 years and married for 7. We started ttc September 2014. I had two MMC in January and July last year. A blighted ovum diagnosed at 8 weeks and a fetal pole that stopped at 6w1d diagnosed at 8 weeks. 

Not sure. I don't ovulate regularly - my best guess is I will be 4 weeks on Sunday. 

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms: 
    Rave: I am just so proud of my little bean for growing so much! 

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: seeing a heartbeat. I've never seen one before. 

5. Questions:

way too early for that, but I have been letting myself day dream about some day. 

Hmmm. Probably Avatar: the last airbender. I wouldn't normally necessarily call it guilty pleasure because it's fantastic but it is a cartoon from the mid 2000's from Nickelodeon. Everyone I work with raved about it and I was pretty reluctant to watch it but it totally sucked me in! I'm sad it only lasted 3 seasons. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• 1. Hi everyone! I just got my +HPT today on both a Wondfo & a 1-2 on the digi... best Mother's Day present ever!!! My BMB for Jan isn't even available yet, but I think I'd rather hang here first. I'm 35, I've been married 12.5 years, this will be my 4th child. DS1 is nearly 15 (from a prior relationship), DS2 is 11, and DD just turned 6. 

The day after Father's Day last year I miscarried in epic fashion (class 3 hemhorrage, transfer via ambulance from the ER center to a hospital for emergency D&C) at 9w2d after seeing on track growth and HB at 8w1d, however, I had spotted since 5 weeks with no cause like a SCH or anything identified. I suffered anxiety & panic attacks so I took 6 months off via Paraguard. This cycle was my fourth after having it removed. I'd always had a +HPT by 11dpo so I didn't have a great deal of hope for today at 12dpo. It was a very pleasant surprise!

2. 4w1d from LMP, 1w6d from O, EDD 1/14/17, but I traditionally pop right at 38wks, so possibly a New Years baby?

3. I ordered a treadmill yesterday since I figured I could blame my 29BMI for not getting pregnant... Guess I was wrong! I'm still going to use the ever-loving-hell out of it though! It'll be nice to hop off and go pee whenever I need to in the comfort of my own home.

4. I want to think big and say if I could just get farther than last time, but I think I'm just going to have to settle for tomorrow's walk-in appointment and having my doc confirm, and asking to see if she'll do a progesterone test & betas (never had those before). It could be weird because the $ store test from today was negative, but the digi & Wondfo were positive, but I know most docs use $ store tests.

5. Not at this time.

6. Gender-neutral steampunk is the idea, planning on being team green this time around.

7. GTKY: Hmmm. The 100, Marvel Agents of SHIELD, Vikings, Game of Thrones, Outlander... I don't watch reality tv, unless HGTV counts?
  • @GhanimaAtreides congrats on your BFP! if you google the bump Jan 2017 moms you can find the group - I heard they are updating the app to make it available soon. There are actually several PGAL ladies in the group already and I'm going to facilitate the weekly PGAL check in if you'd like to join :) 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Oh we are in the same BMB ... I haven't checked I am still in disbelief and scared... But will try to relax and let myself get excited about my baby.

i would like to join too!
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers