March 2016 Moms

Exclusive pumping/schedule

Hey ladies! So due to a tounge tie and then latch issues I have been pumping for six weeks. My husband works during the day and that is when I find it hardest to stick to a schedule to keep my milk supply up. He likes to be held to sleep (and I love doing it!) and sometimes if I put him down he will wake back up. Even if he doesn't I feel like I'm in a feed, play, sleep, then I pump rotation where I can do nothing else. Then if I go too long in between my boobs hurt and I have clogged ducts, it's hard! Any other mamas who might have some advice would be great!! 

Re: Exclusive pumping/schedule

• When I was EPing the best system I could find was to pump while feeding DS. I'd prop him up on my chest facing out. That was pretty much the only way I could ensure I was pumping for every feed without both of us being miserable. GL!

Anniversary

• Like the previous poster I pump while I feed. I place both boys in their boppy's and hook myself to the pump. If I'm feeding only one baby I sit indian style and lay him on my lap while I pump and he eats.

I also invested in a car charger so I can squeeze in extra sessions. It's actually my favorite place to pump since I'm just sitting there anyways.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! I have tried feeding and pumping with no luck but I never thought to use the boppy, I will try that next feed, that will also help in the night so I don't have to spend time pumping instead of sleeping! 
  • I guess I assumed this when I responded, but are you using a hands free bra and double pumping?

Anniversary

• Hands free bras are a must. I've invested in a couple that I can wear all day and it's really helped me keep on track with pumping.
  • Oh yes!! I tried without for a couple days and had to buy one ASAP once I found out about them! This was not my original plan so in making it work as we go along