January 2016 Moms

Milestone Monday

is baby doing anything new record exciting?

Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: Milestone Monday

• Baby is making the first attempts at what sounds like squealing and has done several giggles and laughs this past week. It's pretty adorable, I just wish she would not practice it at all hours during the night. :) She has also figured out how to get one of her feet into her mouth.
  • TRA0816TRA0816 member
    My boy has learned how to shriek..only out of anger..not delight ;-)
  • Loading the player...
  • We've got a screamer, too!
  • We had a big week for milestones...LO learned to roll over on Thursday from her back to belly, started the full belly laughing and excessive talking and she also learned how to really grab onto things from toys, my hair. sweatshirt strings, the washcloth in the tub etc.  We are so proud of her :smiley: 
  • At 3.5 months, LO has figured out she can manipulate her bottle by tipping it up. She isn't holding it and drinking it herself, but she gets a death grip on my fingers and deliberately tips it up if I'm not going the speed she prefers. Also, she must be going through some heck of a growth spurt, because sometimes she's demanding double what we normally feed her, and sleeping about twice as much, too!
  • krrpe99krrpe99 member
    LO will be 16 weeks on Wednesday. There has been lots of laughing. DD will laugh at silly faces I make. It's a game I never get tired of. The tongue has been making regular appearances. She plays with it frequently. Most interesting though is the tumb sucking. She purposefully sucks the thumb. I'm enjoying it, because when she wakes in the middle of the night, she pops the thumb in and goes back to sleep on her own. 
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    The laughing and shreiks I can't even take it. Soooo cute! He's also officially been in his own room in his crib for a full week now. I still am sad I want that little man all snuggled in my bed. Even though in our room he was never in our bed haha I know it's good for him to have his own room he sleeps better in there but I still just want to snuggle lol
  • It's not Monday, but I've had a rooooough day of sleep issues, so I just have to be excited about this one thing - LO has started turning the pages on her board books when we read!  She did it once as a fluke, and then I've started prompting her and now she turns every page.  Some she can only get halfway (with the bigger books) but I am so psyched that her hand eye coordination is going so well at 16 weeks!  :)

Anyone else hit any fun milestones lately?  
  • cali1710cali1710 member
    edited June 2016
    My milestone: LO has learned new ways of not sleeping at night. Its inpressive. Had a solid 2 hours of sleep last night. You go girl! But in all seriousness no new milestones. Shes trying to roll though. 
  • sleeping 12 hour nights and holding his own bottle (Half the time!) lol
  • Same here! I got a baby that shrieks when you leave her sight! She has started to sit up on her own (supported) and attempts to roll over. Sometimes she gets it, sometimes she doesn't. She has started to grab the bottle on her own, but won't hold it for very long. DD is 22 weeks  :)
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• klbhklbh member
    Little guy is rolling both ways now! He's 17 weeks. But he doesn't seem to quite intend to, or understand how to get back where he started. Yesterday he rolled several times off his playmat and under a chair, where he howled plaintively until his dad rescued him. 
  • @maureenmce I can't wait until my LO does this. I love to read stories next to her, she's touched pages but won't hold on to them. Her grip is strong on other things, namely my hair, her floor mat toys, and the washcloth during bathtime. Hoping she will learn to turn the pages and not enjoy playing tug of war like she seems to do so far!

New milestone would be that LO can now roll belly to back consistently, which is so nice. She's been obsessed with rolling onto her belly for over a month and a half but would get frustrated after awhile and she couldn't flip herself back on her back. So no more frustrated baby during playtime or when she wakes at night, thank goodness. She has also reached out for the cups or forks in our hands on a few occasions the past few days. Hold on girl, we're not quite there for solids yet!
  • Violet has is rolling from back to tummy! She's stretching like she wants to stand up. She's been giggling and squeling for some time now. She also sleeps in her own room! Unfortunately its in the rock and play. She waked right up when i put her in the crib. 
  • LO sat himself up in his stroller several days ago. He was reclining and must have seen something that interested him and just pulled himself up....I couldn't believe it! I whipped out my phone and took a several minute video of him leaning back and forth, side to side while keeping his head up! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • My LO is obsessed with blowing raspberries. The more slobber, the better. And she'll do it on command, which is extremely entertaining. Otherwise, she squeals (both happy and angry), she sleeps in her crib at night, she is a master hair-ripper-outer, and can rollfrom back to front (front to back still isn't consistent). She loves to stand and will do so for easily 5-10 minutes at a time. 
  • My LO has not only become a master grabber, but she shakes things and then drops them on the floor or tries to throw them. Very entertaining. She's also becoming a pro roller, and this came out of nowhere. It's so fun and cute to watch every new skill and discovery! 
  • Mine is a master grabber too! And has impeccable aim lol. And has started throwing stuff. She has started doing high pitch squeals as of yesterday too. Still hasnt rolled either way which I find concerning. But shes trying. It may sound dumb but shes even trying to crawl(or get up into position I should say). She can push herself up on her hands and she can get her knees under her and butt in the air but hasnt quite figured out how to do them together. And doing tummy time she can turn herself 180degrees. Loves standing and jumping like shes in a jolly jumper even though she hasnt used it yet. 
  • Last Saturday LO decided it was time to start rolling and began rolling both ways during naps and night time. She became SO mobile in a matter of minutes - from no movement at all (just kicking and moving arms) to lots of it. It was crazy! It took one night for her to become comfortable sleeping on her stomach and now she's completely fine falling asleep any which way. Only thing that bugs me is when she gets her legs stuck in between railings. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    kimber308 said:
    Last Saturday LO decided it was time to start rolling and began rolling both ways during naps and night time. She became SO mobile in a matter of minutes - from no movement at all (just kicking and moving arms) to lots of it. It was crazy! It took one night for her to become comfortable sleeping on her stomach and now she's completely fine falling asleep any which way. Only thing that bugs me is when she gets her legs stuck in between railings. 
    This! It's like we have the same baby.  All of a sudden she became a crazy rolling machine one day. We can't even use our play mat anymore bc five seconds after I put her down on her back she's rolling and rotating and taking the whole thing down. I have to usually remove a foot from the crib slats at least 2 a night while she's doing her crazy rolling and flailing self soothing routine. Tummy time has also become a problem since now she just falls asleep haha. 
  • KFrob said:
    kimber308 said:
    Last Saturday LO decided it was time to start rolling and began rolling both ways during naps and night time. She became SO mobile in a matter of minutes - from no movement at all (just kicking and moving arms) to lots of it. It was crazy! It took one night for her to become comfortable sleeping on her stomach and now she's completely fine falling asleep any which way. Only thing that bugs me is when she gets her legs stuck in between railings. 
    This! It's like we have the same baby.  All of a sudden she became a crazy rolling machine one day. We can't even use our play mat anymore bc five seconds after I put her down on her back she's rolling and rotating and taking the whole thing down. I have to usually remove a foot from the crib slats at least 2 a night while she's doing her crazy rolling and flailing self soothing routine. Tummy time has also become a problem since now she just falls asleep haha. 
    Mines the same! It actually started at midnight during one of her many wake ups. And the next day she was a rolling machine! Back to belly, still not belly to back oddly enough 
  • KFrob said:
    kimber308 said:
    I love to see her reach milestones, but sometimes it's a little ridiculous! Seeing her rolling and kicking off of the crib to rotate around is just nuts. Relax LO and go to sleep! Lol
  • nackienackie member
    DS rolled onto his tummy at daycare today
  • Caressa1 said:
    Alice can sit up on her own now for about a minute at a time!!!
    Go Alice!!! How old is she?
  • Mine is a pro at rolling back to tummy. She is constantly doing it in her crib instead of sleeping
  • What a busy week for Jamie! (20 weeks) 
    ~ He started rolling from back to tummy,which he suddenly started doing all the time, after no interest in it, though he gets stuck especially at night and cries out so I have to roll him back again. A couple times he's rolled all the way but it's not consistent. He's trying to crawl too but he hasn't figured out to keep his knees on the floor and his legs wave in the air, lol. 
    ~ Sleeping through the night! 3 out of the last 4 nights! *Angels singing* I still have to roll him onto his back when he cries out but he doesn't wake himself. 
    ~ First proper laugh! He's been close for ages but finally got the first proper giggles out. Such a joy!

My really considerate baby has decided to do all these firsts while my parents have been visiting from the UK, and while we've all been at the in-laws'. He's also gotten really good at grabbing, weaned himself off the breast (we were doing both before) and constantly tries to sit up when he's in his car seat. I'm a proud Momma!

@Caressa1 wow, nice going Alice! I'm curious how old she is too. 
  • Ever since my baby has started to roll from back to front her naps and her nighttime sleeping has gone even more downhill than it was before. Did this happens anybody else?
  • KFrobKFrob member
    cali1710 said:
    Ever since my baby has started to roll from back to front her naps and her nighttime sleeping has gone even more downhill than it was before. Did this happens anybody else?
    We had the opposite effect but only once we transitioned from bassinet to crib. She was having trouble getting comfortable and I think felt restricted in the bassinet. Now in the crib she can roll onto her belly, sprawl out, and get comfy. 
  • cali1710 said:
    Mine is a pro at rolling back to tummy. She is constantly doing it in her crib instead of sleeping
    This!
  • cali1710 said:
    Mine is a pro at rolling back to tummy. She is constantly doing it in her crib instead of sleeping
    This!
    Thank god it's not just me. 
  • @kimber308 she's 21 weeks today!
  • 6/9/16 She rolled from back to tummy and then the other way around. Olivia is having fun with it lol
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Bennett (24 weeks) scoots/army crawls himself everywhere! And he gets up onto all 4's so crawling should be anytime now!!! He can also play peek-a-boo aka- Where's Bennett! Laughs his butt off when he pulls it back and I say "there he is!"
  • Aurora just turned 5 months old yesterday and is sitting on her own without support (still needs practice) and working on crawling, right now she inches her way across the floor.