Infertility
Options

LPD- progesterone cream

Ginny0524Ginny0524 member
edited April 2016 in Infertility
Hi everyone! I've been off birth control for almost 2 years now, didn't get pregnant so we've been actively trying for a year now. I started seeing an RE 5 months ago because I figured out I have a short luteal phase (7-9 days, typically 8) from using opk and bbt. My RE has been less than useful, finding a cyst and telling me she thought I had cancer. I had the cyst removed by an oncologist (it was a dermoid cyst, the oncologist said they are pretty common) and now I've been waiting 3 months for her to have time to do a femvue. I left a message for her to call me since I want to talk to her again about my LPD she still hasn't done much to correct yet, but of course a few days later going into the weekend I still haven't heard from her. I've been on levothyroxine and from recent testing I know I am slightly estrogen dominant.

Anyway, I tried progesterone cream last month but it didn't extend my luteal phase at all. I started with 40mg (20 am/20 pm) but I experienced estrogen wakeup which exacerbated my depression so I upped the dose to 80mg and that brought me back to normal. When I got AF 9 DPO I figured maybe I didn't take enough and need to up it to 100 or 200mg next cycle. I feel like my estrogen has come back with a vengeance now though; acne is worse, cramps were the worst they have ever been, depression and irritability are worse, and I developed tendonitis in my wrist. Has anyone else had this happen when they tried progesterone cream? Did higher doses work for anyone? I also read about Vitex for LPD but I saw it can make depression worse and mine is already pretty severe so I'm not sure it would be a good idea to risk that. I started 100mg B6 this month as well to see if it helps.

I would appreciate any opinions or stories you are willing to share!