December 2016 Moms
Options

Baby bump?!

saffronxjadesaffronxjade member
edited April 2016 in December 2016 Moms
Hello, I'm Saffron, and I'm new to all this, first pregnancy and all! Woo. I'm 8+2 and overwhelmingly happy! as me and DH have been trying for about a year. I'm just wondering if there's any mums on here that already have little ones and at what point in your pregnancies did you start showing? I currently weigh in at 11st 3lbs so I have a little pot belly anyway! I do feel as though it is sticking out a little more than I remember it doing, is this all the fluid? I know It will be different for everyone, depending on body type and so on but I'm dying so feel and see my baby! Thanks in advance :) x

Re: Baby bump?!

• Options
    There are a great deal of wonderful resources that can give in-depth answers to questions like these. I reccoment What To Expect When You're Expecting.
    At this point though you aren't showing because of the size of baby. At 9w 1d my fetus is about the size of a grape.

Your uterus is behind your pubic bone until you are about 12 weeks. At this point anything that you are 'showing' is either a large meal or bloat.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    This is my third, I think I started to show around 14 weeks or so. Right now it's the stage of bloating. One day you will think you see a bump and the next day there will be nothing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm getting maternity pants this weekend because I already have a "blump", but it's not baby obviously. I think it's the fluid retention due to high hormone levels and slowed digestion. I can tell the difference, but pretty sure everyone else thinks i'm just getting chunky and drinking lots of soda. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    Agreed. I feel like everyone at work is looking at me wondering why I'm getting really puffy the last few weeks. Can't wait until j can finally say something and just be comfortable!  It needs to warm up here so I can wear a maxi skirt or dress every day to work!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!  I feel (and look) super bloated and like I need to lay off the desserts for a bit!  Once we tell the moms on Mother's Day I'll feel better about others knowing. My mom would be heartbroken if I spilled the beans about my first pregnancy to anyone before her!  
  • Options
    Bloat is a bitch!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Ugh the bloat is awful. None of my pants fit comfortably. 

BFP #1 10/8/13, EDD 6/4/14, DS #1 6/9/14

BFP #2  5/1/16, EDD 12/16/16, MMC 5/27/16

BFP #3  8/29/16, EDD 5/5/17, DS #2 5/11/17

BFP #4  2/28/21, EDD 11/9/21

• Options
    emisiemisi member
    The bloat is real, man.  I will probably show earlier than normal, partly because I'm a second time mom, but mostly because I have an enormous fibroid (5cm BEFORE I got pregnant) that will continue to grow with baby.  I had a smaller fibroid last time and I ended up measuring like two weeks ahead the whole time (why yes, I DID feel like a whale).  But still, even with hitting 9 weeks tomorrow, it's all bloat for now.  ;)
    Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    From my experience, my first pregnancy didn't show until the 2nd trimester. My second pregnancy and this third pregnancy, both sticking out way faster. I feel like my body is like "oh I've done this before, time to pooch out!"
    and I'm trying so hard to not gain weight too fast, we are getting married July 1st! And while I fee like crap, I've been soooo hungry:( eek. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I've been bloated (read: constipated) since about 6 weeks. I'm 9 weeks now, the bloat belly is pretty much the same size as it was at 6 weeks, it's HUGE though, like for a moment I thought I'd developed a gluten intolerance or something. It's definitely enough to raise suspicions! But then I lay flat on my back and it all disappears which might be a good test to see if you're all bloat or real deal showing. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• Options
    Bloat is killing me! I had to start wearing more stretchy pants.. Its crazy..
    Me:32  DH:38
    DS from previous relationship with no fertility issues. He is almost 12 yrs old.
    Began trying naturally from Jan. 2015-Aug. 2015.
    Aug. 2015- Clomid 50mg 
    Sept. 2015-Clomid 100 mg and Ovidrel
    Oct. 2015-Clomid 100 mg and Ovidrel
    Nov 2015-Letrozole, Menopur and Ovidrel
    Dec 2015- Same
    Jan 2016-Month off
    Feb 2016-Letrozole, Follistim and Ovidrel (IUI)
    March 2016- Letrozole- Just did oral since IVF consult is scheduled in April
    04/13/2016- BFP!!! Due December 20, 2016

• Options
    Hey everyone! It's so nice to hear from so many other expecting mothers as we haven't told anyone but immediate family. But yes, bloat. I've already started wearing looser pants as I only ever wear high waist tight jeans, and transition has most likely got people talking at work. I'm so excited the when it's all out in the open so I can even embrace the bloat! 
  • Options
    I'm on #4 and im thankful this is the first time I haven't gained 5-8 lbs in the first month! I didn't show earlier with subsequent pregnancies. With all of mine I didn't really show much at all until 20 weeks and felt like I really popped at about 27. 
  • Options
    phoenix870509phoenix870509 member
    edited April 2016
    I'm 8 weeks 1 day today. Yesterday I talked to my MIL (OB nurse) and SIL (pediatrician) and they both told me I have a blump. It's bloat but they can feel my uterus, so it's the start of a bump. They are both so excited!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Oh gosh that is exciting! Yep without a doubt have a blump right now aha so hopefully start showing in the next 5-6 weeks :)
  • Options
    So much bloat right now and wearing pants near my bloat is painful. I've been freezing at work in dresses and comfy skirts or wearing sweat pants 3 sizes too large at home. I am showing, my doctor even confirmed that, jerkoff.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Preach!! I feel that I dealt with bloat a lot before I got PG, but now it is worse. I literally own no pants right now that fit comfortably, and this includes leggings - especially since I don't own a ton of tops to go with said leggings to begin with. It's awful, and I feel like I look huge. I'm 8 weeks today.

I have to dress business casual for work, and can't wait to wear more maxi skirts this spring/summer which may help. It's supposed to be really nice this week, but I have been too tired to paint my toenails, so pants and regular boots it has been. Maybe this week, ha. Then, I could at least just throw the skirt on, some shirt that may hide the bloat and comfy sandals. One more month until I can safely announce it, which includes work (at least my boss, most on my team of 9 will not care one bit - they hate life).

I take Gas-X at night, and that usually did the trick... but hasn't done much lately. Any other suggestions? Or do I just need to deal?
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    @Kacie209 Have your SO paint your nails, then you can wear all the maxi skirts.   Also the most recommended way to deal with anything while KU is to drink more water. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    @Kacie209 Gas-X is starting to lose its power with me, too. I'm not as bloated as I was before I started taking it, but my tummy is no longer flat. Boo. I'm just adjusting what I'm wearing and embracing zee bloat.
  • Options
    @Kate08Young That is a great idea, although I am not sure how great they would look, ha. I do have a nail appointment on Thursday, but opted for only a mani instead of both, as I had just cut my toenails down and had planned on just doing them myself. Next month, for sure!

I do need to up my water intake. It's gotten better, but know it can e even better - and hope that helps some. I just feel so blah.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**