March 2016 Moms

Oh, DH...

He never remembers to send DS to daycare with a coat on. 

He forgets to put a new toilet paper roll on after using the last of the old one.

He forgot to take DS's bottle of sunscreen to daycare with him, after I told him and then put the bottle in front of DS's backpack. In front of the door. 

But he knew today was that magic six week mark. Amazing, huh?

I bought myself another week, though. I have to use my BC for a week before I'm in the "safe" zone. And I'm sure he won't forget ;)

Anniversary

Re: Oh, DH...

• Haha too funny. Priorities, right??

• Ugh, my DH does the same with the toilet paper. We haven't started daycare yet, but luckily I'll always be the one to drop DS off and DH will pick up. But I do feel like I'm constantly telling DH things to not forget! And same with the six weeks, DH is the reason I knew when my appointment was!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • If you're on his case over forgetting such small things like toilet paper rolls (really?!) with everything going on with the kids, and then you harping at him all the time, then think about the possibility that he might be feeling just as irritated with you in return for never giving him a break. Sex might be his way of wanting to be close with you and feel like a couple again. Taking the 5 minutes to set aside kid stuff, errands, and God forbid, the toilet paper rolls, and focus on your relationship is exactly what you SHOULD be doing and I give him props for remembering the date. After all, you wouldn't have these precious kiddos if it wasn't for him in the first place. I feel like all too many women forget this after baby. Best of luck.
  • @kaitkisses as far as I could read OP never said she was "on his case" or "harping on"about this stuff to her DH, just stating that this is stuff he magically always forget (and how I read it is as this is not something new who just started happening now after the new baby, but has been going on since long before the new baby), however funny enough he DO remember when she most likely will be cleared for sex again... And while yes, it might be nice that he looks forward to that it's still funny that this is the one thing he will remember... Also when it comes to one parent being bad about remembering stuff the kids need when dealing with those responsibilities the other one will have to remind the first one about it whether it's "nice" or not because you know it's not about the parents feelings, but what the kids need...
  • @flowerpower5838
    I wasn't "hardcore judging" I was simply stating my opinions based on how I read OP's statements about her husband. Whether in jest, or totally serious, I find it ridiculous how many women come on this site and make their significant others out to be blithering caveman-like idiots that can think of nothing other than sex. If your husband's are truly like that and have trouble remembering simple things like a diaper change then that's on you for procreating with them. And since you mention it, no I don't have to vent about my husband. He cooks, he cleans, he sits here with me and laughs at all the man hating on the bump, he never forgers a diaper or tp roll, and most importantly...I was the one counting down to my 6 week appt. to be with him as crazy as that sounds!
  • Thanks for defending me ladies! 

@kaitkisses thanks for the advice, but I certainly am not on his case for any of those. I took the sunscreen with me when I picked DS up and never said a word about it. And I haven't complained about the toilet paper in years because I've learned to choose your battles.  The whole vent was supposed to be humorously ironic. Sorry if you didn't pick up on that!

Anniversary

• edited May 2016
    @flowerpower5838
    I wasn't "hardcore judging" I was simply stating my opinions based on how I read OP's statements about her husband. Whether in jest, or totally serious, I find it ridiculous how many women come on this site and make their significant others out to be blithering caveman-like idiots that can think of nothing other than sex. If your husband's are truly like that and have trouble remembering simple things like a diaper change then that's on you for procreating with them. And since you mention it, no I don't have to vent about my husband. He cooks, he cleans, he sits here with me and laughs at all the man hating on the bump, he never forgers a diaper or tp roll, and most importantly...I was the one counting down to my 6 week appt. to be with him as crazy as that sounds!
    I think it's kind of sad that you and your spouse spend your time laughing at people on the Bump. My DH and I spend time with our son, we cook together, we have a few shows we watch, we like to take our son and dogs for a walk, we spend a lot of time in our back yard and many other things, but we certainly don't spend our time making fun of postpartum women that want to talk with other women in similar situations when they make a one-off comment about their spouses. I feel sorry for you. 

ETA: also, this is super petty, but you really need to learn the difference between plural and possessive. Grammer is important. 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• 2winterbabies2winterbabies member
    edited May 2016
    @flowerpower5838
    Your man sounds so "perfect". Good for you, other people aren't as blessed and have a right to vent about it.

Don't worry ladies, I'm sure @kaitkisses  relationship isn't as peachy as she makes it sound. Everyone has issues.
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• I'm not perfect and neither are my husband, but we're perfect for each other. We complement each other
  • beemerswifebeemerswife member
    edited May 2016
    *Removed for ToU Violation*
  • Ummm, who are you actually? Why so many screen names?! Weird. Anyway, congrats on your great life. Leave the ladies here alone, please. Everyone needs to vent sometimes, and those who pretend they don't are lying liars who lie. Also, it's super annoying when someone doesn't replace the toilet paper roll, let's not pretend it isn't. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm with @cmerribury all the way. And it's confusing with the multiple screen names. And gasp this might be a shock to you @beemerswifebut most men vents about their partner too!! Venting is good for getting out frustration and maybe even get some good input on the issue. Which again can have a positive impact on the interaction in a relationship. 
  • Adding that no one said anything about venting and not working out the problems with their spouse...

Venting on here is awesome because when you go and vent to friends/family/coworkers too often, they start to see your spouse in a negative light. And sometimes, writing it out gives you the opportunity to reflect on the situation yourself. 

I just find this so strange that you took time away from your perfect life to hop on here to tell people how terrible we are for needing to vent. 

Also, is T9 even still a thing?
  • edited May 2016
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, we can't all be perfect, @beemerswife / @kaitkisses. Thanks for setting such a shitty curve for us all! 

See the rest of you venting, crap wives in divorceé hell.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Poppy0419 said:
    Also, is T9 even still a thing?
    Not since like 2006