September 2015 Moms
Options

Nest Cam

Anyone using Nest Cam for a baby monitor? How's it working for you and how does it compare to a traditional video baby monitor?

Re: Nest Cam

• Options
    I am! Ive never had a regular baby monitor ao im not sure if I can compare. Its nice to be able to use our phones to monitor and the camera is small and can be adjusted easily.  Id highly recommend it and we also have the smoke/carbon monoxide detector too and they link togther nicely.  if you have any specific questions, i can help!
  • Options
    Ah yes! @19katee2I'm mostly wondering about night time. We have a designated device (old smartphone) to use for monitoring, but I'm wondering if we are able to let the screen go black and still hear the live audio? I don't like any extra light while I'm trying to sleep. do you wish you had the pan and tilt feature? Also, do you have any problems with connectivity? I've read a few reviews that say they often come across that problem.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i dont need the pan and tilt.. you can set it up wherever and on your phone screen, you can pinch to zoom and move around to see closer.  There is no feature to let the screen go black and hear audio. I guess it is a pain to go into the app everytime you want to see what is going on so that may not be ideal for you. Our baby boy's room is right next to ours so we can hear everything and just use the app to see what he is doing in the crib. No connectivity issues but we have pretty fast and strong wireless. I hope that helps! 
  • Options
    That helps a lot, thank you! @19katee2