October 2016 Moms

How long for NT results?

I am curious how long it takes for NT results I had the ultrasound and first blood work done at 13 weeks and I did the second round today. In ontario the blood is sent to the top Neonatal hospital not the regular lab so the technician had no clue. How long did it take for any of you ladies? 
Thanks in advance.

Re: How long for NT results?

• My NT scan results were same day (doctor came in after the scan).  The blood test took about 10 business days.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • They told me measurements however we have had alot of loss in my family lately one of my cousins had a still birth 2012, another had a medical induction at 22 weeks due to baby having server defects basically the baby was killing her mom and dieing herself slowly.  My own daughter was false diagnosed with spina Bifida in 2012 she ended up having slight IUGR. I'm so nervous.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm doing the sequential screening like you and I'm between appointments (my 16 week blood draw isn't until mid-May) so you'll likely find out before I even go but it is interesting to see the difference in procedures.

• My dr told me the sooner I go in after my 15 week mark the better so I was sick Monday Tuesday and Wednesday (dizzy spills) so I went today. I'll let you know the time frame for sure
  • My procedure was ultrasound at 12 weeks exactally blood work same day. Then 2nd round of blood work by 15 weeks so 15 weeks 3 days. It was only one vial Today.
  • I had the second part of the sequential bloodwork done on Tuesday and got my results this afternoon. They had told me 10-14 days so it was a pleasant surprise to get them so quickly! But I'm glad to have that done and now can focus on fun stuff like finding out what this baby is at our anatomy scan in a couple of weeks! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • I'm assuming you're wondering how long it takes for the turnaround to occur for the 2nd tri blood test, since your OB should've been able to give you the NT measurement at the ultrasound. In which case, I think the only person who would know would be someone in a similar situation as you - living in Ontario & waiting on the "top neonatal hospital" to get back to them. 

A better idea - call your OB, they will know the answer. 
  • NT Ultrasound was that day. I did my labs the week before and they gave me some of the info at my NT exam, namely the likelihood of abnormalities, etc. What I didn't find out yet, but I suspect I will at my 16wk appointment next week, is my PAPP-A results. I had low PAPP-A my last pregnancy which resulted in my being marked High Risk for pre-eclampsia and pre-term labor. 

You should definitely call or message your OB and ask.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• I'LL  called my doctor tomorrow if I have an issue he will probably send me back to Special Pregnancy Program which sucks because it is 2 hours away.
  • I am also in Ontario. I didn't have two draws, just one, but I don't expect to get the results until my next appointment with my OB, assuming all is well. I would call if you're worried, but my guess is that if there's anything unusual in the results, they will call you in to discuss them. Otherwise, you'll find out the result at your next OB appointment.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• I got my results today I am all good 1 in 200,000 my dr said he got it today so it took 5 business days. I'm just glad we a good after my last pregnancy I was stressing myself out. Now to finish the next 23 weeks