August 2016 Moms
Options

Tula v. Ergo

I'm looking for opinions on baby carriers. I have narrowed it down to a Tula or Ergo. Looking for pros, cons and any other opinions. TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Tula v. Ergo

• Options

I have been using LuciesList for all things baby and registry related. 

https://www.lucieslist.com/baby-registry-basics/best-infant-toddler-baby-carriers/

I know specifically talks about Tula and Ergo. 

• Options
    between the two I prefer the Tula, I found it fit better and had a longer life the Ergo panel is slightly smaller than the tula. throwing in another option is lenny lamb SSC they are super comfy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have both and would definitely recommend a Tula over Ergo.  The Tula will last longer and tends to fit more people.  I don't have personal experience with Lenny lamb but I have heard great things about them.  
  • Options
    SkiChic626SkiChic626 member
    edited April 2016
    I have the Ergo 360, and I'm super excited to use it with this baby so that he can face out and see what's going on!  With DD I had a regular Ergo and it was fine, but it did get really hot and once she got bigger she wanted to see what was going on in front of her vs facing me.  I'm also planning to get a Tula ring sling for the floppy newborn days.  I had a K'Tan with DD and I hated it - it felt very loose like I still had to hold her, even in their smallest size and I'm nowhere near being a size small, so I ditched that.

Edit: typos
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Options
    I've heard the tula is better but I got the ergo on sale so... I've purchased that one
  • Options
    I personally loved my Ergo and still use it from time to time (like when we're going through an airport, etc) but I know so many people are OBSESSED with their Tulas so I kind of what to see what the fuss is about lol
  • Options
    I have the performance ergo ( a bit cooler) and I've been really happy with it.  I'd love to try a Tula but I have no complaints about my Ergo. 

• Options
    Curls919 said:
    I personally loved my Ergo and still use it from time to time (like when we're going through an airport, etc) but I know so many people are OBSESSED with their Tulas so I kind of what to see what the fuss is about lol
    Ditto. I have a K'tan, a mei tai, and a Becco Gemini from DS1. They were all great for different stages, but I do kind of want to see what all the Tula hoopla is about. 
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    bananers said:
    Curls919 said:
    Ditto. I have a K'tan, a mei tai, and a Becco Gemini from DS1. They were all great for different stages, but I do kind of want to see what all the Tula hoopla is about. 
    Now that Target carries them I'm even more interested and like that I could return if I just hated it. 

• Options
    I loved my Tula.  I'm sad I sold mine.  I loved the straps and I found it more comfortable on my shoulders.  I use woven wraps too, but I prefer a Tula! 
  • Options
    I had an ergo that I loved for DD. It has gone missing in our house so I just got a Tula to give that a try. I'm hoping the ergo shows up when we start unpacking baby stuff. I've heard awesome things about the Tula but have experience with the ergo and loved it. I think some say one fits better on people with longer torsos. The ergo fit my husband fine... He is 6'1. I'm 5'4 and it fit me well but I did feel like it would get bunched up on me. I'm also very short torsoed.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    bananers said:
    Curls919 said:
    Now that Target carries them I'm even more interested and like that I could return if I just hated it. 
    YES! I just discovered that today. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Love my Tula.  Slightly hot in warmer months for older ones if they are fully dressed but very strong and supportive.  Can carry up to 35 lbs!
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers