November 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday, 4.28

Re: UO Thursday, 4.28

• Options
    I'm Christian and I've always been super pro choice. Like seriously, do not tell me what to do with MY body. But since being pregnant, a small part of me has had second thoughts. I had no idea the hear started beating at 6 weeks! Or that by 10 weeks baby was touching its own face and swimming around like a champ in there. 

Maybe this is a FFFC...but it feels unpopular to me even though I'm the one thinking it!
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    edited April 2016
    Also I get ragey every time I see the no symptom thread pop up. I don't even have MS that bad but dude. Stupid. *sorry I had to say it*
    You mean they have symptoms right? I know.. I'm confused by the "I'm only a little sick and my boobs were sore but only until week 11..." 

Edit: ok I re-read your post and I get it now but I still stand by what I said.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    whaat said:
    Also I get ragey every time I see the no symptom thread pop up. I don't even have MS that bad but dude. Stupid. *sorry I had to say it*
    You mean they have symptoms right? I know.. I'm confused by the "I'm only a little sick and my boobs were sore but only until week 11..." 

That too... clearly those are symptoms. Don't post in the no symptom thread... even if I find that thread dumb. Especially this early in the game.
     TinyAlligator born @ 36w, 3lb2oz, IUGR 
      BabyFlamingo due 11/30/16  

• Options
    Exactly @NatashaSprout . I've had basically 1 day of major symptoms (yesterday) and was seriously worried for a while until that thread was started and I realized it was normal not to have my head in a toilet for the entire first tri. I'm a FTM and I honestly didn't know what to expect. It was extremely reassuring to know other people felt the same as me. Sorry if it offends anyone else, but it's definitely helped me. 
    To add to this, I started participating in the thread when I was 5 weeks (I'm only 10 now, late in the month due date) and have continued to post on the thread, even though a few symptoms popped up, because it is reassuring to see the progress of people with similar symptom trajectory. 
  • Options
    Yes... but there is already a ticker check in and pgal check in. I know this is a uo. But hey if you need to post about having no symptoms with others can barely eat... that's fine. But just remember there are many many many women who have no symptoms at first. 

• Options
    NatashaSproutNatashaSprout member
    edited April 2016
    Yes... but there is already a ticker check in and pgal check in. I know this is a uo. But hey if you need to post about having no symptoms with others can barely eat... that's fine. But just remember there are many many many women who have no symptoms at first. 
    There's also a symptoms thread and having no symptoms is just as important to talk about as having many symptoms. Each individual pregnancy is important to talk about. It's the whole experience of a birth board. 
    Edit it cause it cut half of it off 
  • Options
    I agree with @natashasprout. It was really unsettling for me to not have many symptoms, especially MS. It would drive me crazy every time someone asked me if I was okay and then recount all the symptoms they had. What drove me even crazier was to see on apps, especially the What to Expect one, articles saying things like "Experiencing MS? Research shows if you have MS then you may have a healthier pregnancy and less of a chance of miscarriage". It helped to know that other people had no symptoms too and went on to have healthy pregnancies.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Fwiw. I do get the worry. I had minimal symptoms with my first until like 12 or 13 weeks. It felt weird being pregnant and not really feeling it. It did bug me when people would pull out the "if you have MS it means you're pregnancy is healthy" I just don't understand why it's a "check in" Why are symptoms even a check in. There are too many damn check ins.

• Options
    msu_gal said:
    I'm probably going to take a few hits for this, but I hate Showers!  Wedding Showers, Baby Showers, I just hate them.  They seem like gift grabs and I always get invited to a million of them by people I don't even hang out with, who would never invite me to just grab a drink but when they want a present I make the invite list?!  I got invited to a Wedding Shower in a few weeks and I've met the bride ONCE for maybe 15 minutes. 
    I did not have a Wedding Shower (or even register) and specifically asked people not to bring gifts to the wedding, we just wanted everyone to have fun.  And there will absolutely not be a Baby Shower. 
    I feel like you aren't a greedy enough person. I'm way greedier than you. :wink: 
  • Options
    There's also a symptoms thread and having no symptoms is just as important to talk about as having many symptoms. Each individual pregnancy is important to talk about. It's the whole experience of a birth board. 
    I wasn't going to comment on this. But I read your check in... doesn't look like you're concerned at all. Which is good... but I'm glad I haven't been reading that thread. Go continue your chopping down of trees.

• Options
    whaatwhaat member
    whaat said:

That too... clearly those are symptoms. Don't post in the no symptom thread... even if I find that thread dumb. Especially this early in the game.
    The no symptom thread was created to reassure those of us with no symptoms that it's perfectly normal. PGAL is rough on the brain, especially when it seems like everyone else has symptoms. It's nice to have a small support group within a large group. To go 12 weeks and not feel a thing makes you question if you're even pregnant and to hear someone else say "hey me too" makes you feel good. Sorry to hear you think encouraging each other in a way that makes us feel less alone is dumb. But to each her own. 
    I don't think encouraging each other is dumb at all. My point was just that a symptom is a symptom.  I know the Internet makes us feel like if we don't have HG, we're not really pregnant, but that's not actually the case.
  • Options
    I feel like there really aren't all that many threads on this board. I'd be happy to see more check-ins that some people find reassuring. More randoms, more discussions. I check back hours later and often there are no new threads.
  • Options
    I think doctors have gone soft. They tell us things we do are fine to appease us instead of giving us the cold hard truth. Maybe it's harmful, maybe it's not. I'd rather hear they don't know than be told something is fine without knowing the possible side effects. 
  • Options
    I wasn't going to comment on this. But I read your check in... doesn't look like you're concerned at all. Which is good... but I'm glad I haven't been reading that thread. Go continue your chopping down of trees.
    lol. I applaud her for not sitting around the house crying to herself because she's afraid something may go wrong. It's not like sitting around will somehow prevent a MC. Also @NatashaSprout you go girl. Chopping down your own trees. I make my husband do that because well he's good at it. I'm also feeling kind of nosey as to what you were up to with the trees but you don't need to answer that ha. 
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    lizap77 said:
    I think doctors have gone soft. They tell us things we do are fine to appease us instead of giving us the cold hard truth. Maybe it's harmful, maybe it's not. I'd rather hear they don't know than be told something is fine without knowing the possible side effects. 
    I think a lot of the time people (doctors, the CDC, etc) don't trust us to make our own informed decisions, which can sometimes result in the dumbing down of info and overly cautious, ridiculous recommendations. (I swear I'm not wearing a tin foil hat right now)
  • Options
    I nominate a thread called, "Num num obsessions" because now that I'm almost 3 months my morning sickness is only occasional and I'm all about that grindage.

I would love to see what everybody else is obsessed with and eating. 
  • Options
    whaat said:
    lizap77 said:
    I think a lot of the time people (doctors, the CDC, etc) don't trust us to make our own informed decisions, which can sometimes result in the dumbing down of info and overly cautious, ridiculous recommendations. (I swear I'm not wearing a tin foil hat right now)
    I feel like (at least my doctor) is the opposite of overly cautious. I emailed about a topical ointment I use and she said it was perfectly fine. Since she took a while to respond I asked my sister (a nurse with more drug knowledge than me) to look it up in the meantime and she sent me what she found. Basically there haven't been tests in humans so it's unknown if it's safe, but in rats it caused birth defects such as cleft palate and recommended using only if the need was worth the risks. Knowing this I chose to use it once to get my excema under control and have continued with aveeno's product which is basically just oatmeal. If I went by the "it's fine" comment I'd be using it way more. Maybe it is fine, but I'd rather be cautious. Ultimately I just want to know the truth and be able to make the decision whether or not to take a risk.
  • Options
    Greencows4812Greencows4812 member
    edited April 2016
    I nominate a thread called, "Num num obsessions" because now that I'm almost 3 months my morning sickness is only occasional and I'm all about that grindage.

I would love to see what everybody else is obsessed with and eating. 
    Agreed! With my first I craved the same thing for months (PB&J), I had no cravings with my second and this one seems to be one craving until I get it and then I move to another craving. I like this way MUCH better. I was craving starburst and then I got them and started craving tuna salad sandwich. I'd love a thread talking about food!

edited for spelling
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @lizapp77 I wonder this about my dr.  I'm super laid back about most things but have been super anxious this pregnancy due to previous losses and not seeing much of anything on the first 2 u/s.  So this new dr is great but as laid back as I am and I kind of want him to be a little less chill.  Although I do like him and I can kind of picture him in the movie The Hangover.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @sunbeam1 come on out of that closet. I finally gave up on giving a fuck about offending people about it. I've had people unfriendly me on Facebook over atheist posts that I've posted. And I truly don't give a fuck. Why is it ok for believers to post amen on everything and posts about Jesus and God, but I'm wrong for posting atheist things? Pshh. Bye then lol none of our kids are, or will be, baptized. Fortunately everyone on both sides of our family are fine with it. Not that it would make a difference if they weren't. 
  • Options
    I love the idea of more participation on the random threads...that's how my last BMB got to know each other really well.

Speaking of dumb threads, the Ramzi theory? If I see that again, I can only hope the thread will become a gif party. That's what drives me crazy about the WTE and other communities. "LOOK AT MY U/S, BOY OR GIRL?!!11"

ETA:I'm not sure if that's a UO or just random statement that's been bursting inside of me.
    The obsession with finding out the sex as early as possible even if it means wives tales or pseudo science blows my mind.

• Options
    TinyAlligator said:

*Snip*

The obsession with finding out the sex as early as possible even if it means wives tales or pseudo science blows my mind.
    Totally. To be clear, I'm bananas impatient and I want to find out the sex NOW, but I want to actually know. As in, they used science and found out for sure who I've got cookin' in there. I don't want a maybe. I want a real answer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Back to the tv shows, I really can't bring myself to like supernatural. I've watched 3 seasons hoping it'd get better and the only redeeming quality is jensen ackles is easy on tne eyes. But I identify as wiccan/pagan and it drives me nuts that they use references that are so inaccurate 

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't wait for all the 12 week posts of "omg is that a dangle? That's a dangle, right?" Said no one ever 
  • Options
    NatashaSproutNatashaSprout member
    edited April 2016
    Not concerned now. I rented a professional grade Doppler! I have reassurance whenever I want it! Best thing I could have done. There's a difference between being concerned and locking myself in the house scared of another miscarriage 

ETA: It's not my lack of concern for things. It's my will to overcome them. 
  • Options
    TucknBoom said:
    lol. I applaud her for not sitting around the house crying to herself because she's afraid something may go wrong. It's not like sitting around will somehow prevent a MC. Also @NatashaSprout you go girl. Chopping down your own trees. I make my husband do that because well he's good at it. I'm also feeling kind of nosey as to what you were up to with the trees but you don't need to answer that ha. 
    Too funny. We have 7 acres and a lot of trees so we were just cleaning up around the house. I'm a firefighter/paramedic so I operate chainsaws everyday at work. I am used to it. 
  • Options
    rooftop said:
    Back to the tv shows, I really can't bring myself to like supernatural. I've watched 3 seasons hoping it'd get better and the only redeeming quality is jensen ackles is easy on tne eyes. But I identify as wiccan/pagan and it drives me nuts that they use references that are so inaccurate 
    Eh. I'm Catholic and basically the whole show is pretty sacrilegious, and gets a ton of Christian stuff wrong too. I still like it. I'd certainly never show it to my (much more religious) mother though. I can totally understand not liking a show on the grounds that it depicts a messed up portrayal of your religion though. I would bet it's probably a lot less accurate with Wiccan/pagan stuff than it is with the Christian things, too.

On a separate note, they definitely should've ended it about 3 seasons ago. I'm glad those two actors love doing the show so much, but they've kinda ruined it by letting it go on so long.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @NatashaSprout, I'm not even allowed to use battery operated cordless drills at my house for the safety of everyone :smiley: My dad jokes that they gave me a degree in electrical engineering with the restriction of only working with less than 1.5 volts...
  • Options
    I don't think babies should go to the chiropractor. Like, ever. 
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hate Toronto. Large cities in general, but Toronto in particular. It feels soulless and dead to me and I have no idea how anyone can keep sane with that sheer amount of traffic and the constant crush of humanity everywhere you go. There's no privacy, no freedom. The cost of living there is insane. Around half my class wants to practice there and I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to live there. I live only an hour away and this is way too close for my liking and we'll be leaving as soon as we can. I can't wait to get back to the country and the ocean. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Options
    shevaCC said:
    @NatashaSprout, I'm not even allowed to use battery operated cordless drills at my house for the safety of everyone :smiley: My dad jokes that they gave me a degree in electrical engineering with the restriction of only working with less than 1.5 volts...
    You have an electrical engineering degree? That's great.  I've always been interested in that. What do you do now?

Hubby and I share a lot of tasks. I am more of the plumbing and electric and he is big tools. But we bought a really high end chain saw and I was really excited to use it.