September 2016 Moms
Options

*~*Thursday Ticker Change*~* 4/28

How many weeks?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?

GTKY: Courtesy of @blondie080300 - What are your hobbies?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: *~*Thursday Ticker Change*~* 4/28

• Options
    How many weeks? 20!!

What size is baby? Banana

Upcoming appointments? Monday

Rants/Raves/Questions? Wondering if my BP is going to be a problem again this time. Last time, it was normal until 35 weeks. It hasn't ever gone back to normal, but it's not too high yet...I just feel like it's a matter of time before it's too high again.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Lots of BHs 

GTKY: Courtesy of @blondie080300 - What are your hobbies? Crafting...I have a silhouette, so I love doing stuff with vinyl. I also really like decorating for holidays...Christmas, fall, Easter...starting to plan for the summer/Americana decorations now.

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks? 22!

What size is baby? Coconut

Upcoming appointments? Not for another couple of weeks for a routine weight/bp/heartbeat check.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave - finally noticing improvements in my hair/skin/nails!  I remember this with DD and loved that part of pregnancy...was wondering if it'd ever show up this time around!

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Lots of Braxton Hicks here, too.  Cravings and just general hunger have subsided a bit, which is a relief.  It was hard constantly feeling hungry (for bad food, especially) and trying to fight myself on it!

GTKY: Courtesy of @blondie080300 - What are your hobbies? Reading, spending time outdoors, trying different foods and restaurants (and just eating in general...even when not pregnant), getting together with friends and family, planning and completing home projects; I, too, love decorating for holidays, especially Christmas!  Though I do these things less frequently, I also love travelling and skiing!

@sarahg8r What's the silhouette/vinyl for?  I come from a pretty crafty family and have never heard of that - sounds interesting!!

@marajay6 I'm impressed with your travel running!  How fun and self-inspiring!  Good for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How many weeks? 21

What size is baby? Endive? 

Upcoming appointments? Routine appt on 5/11

Rants/Raves/Questions? Lately I've been so tired, but bedtime rolls around and I can't fall asleep. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Lots of BH, craving everything I'm not supposed to eat. 

GTKY: Courtesy of @blondie080300 - What are your hobbies? Crafting and photography.
  • Options
    How many weeks? 18! 

What size is baby? bell pepper 

Upcoming appointments? Mid May. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Our youngest turns one on Monday! We are keeping it super low key and just celebrating with the 4 of us Sunday. We will go to a favorite local park of ours and get ice cream or something. I'm not a huge one year old birthday party kind of person. Half the time the baby is tired and doesn't know what's going on. We will just give him extra attention which he will be so excited about. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I'm mostly just a bottomless pit today. 

GTKY: Courtesy of @blondie080300 - What are your hobbies? I love seeing and crafting but more specifically I have become a pretty good quilter. My grandma taught me and I love being able to carry on her memory through my quilts. I also love fishing, being thrifty, and horses! 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I'm so sorry about your 3 old sleeping. My advice- just do whatever you need to get through. At one point we were turning on the tv in the middle of the night for Sebastian bc we were so exhausted. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    How many weeks? 22

What size is baby? 11" , size of a spaghetti squash

Upcoming appointments? just a check up in 3 weeks

Rants/Raves/Questions? I've been feeling pretty good lately. I'm still dealing with GERD. It was really bad the other day and was doing that thing where it actually hurts when my food is going down. It feels like you are trying to digest a softball and you can feel it all the way down. It happens occasionally and I still don't know what causes it. I had that problem before I was pregnant too. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I had a craving specifically for homemade brownies that other day. I wanted them hot and with vanilla ice cream. My fiance went to the store and bought Ghiradelli (mmm) brownie mix and made them for me and we ate them hot over ice cream! Freaking heaven! Those brownies were amazing! I couldn't believe he did that for me after working 10 hours. 

GTKY:  - What are your hobbies? I am actually really involved with crafting. I have a craft room in the house and own a store selling crafting items. So, you could say I'm pretty serious lol. I love making cards and I also like art journaling and working on canvases from time to time. I used to scrapbook and may take it up again when I have cute baby pictures. My website is www.intoxicatingarts.com if anyone is interested  :)Oh, I also shoot in sub machinegun matches lol. 
    prank april fools day pranks

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I'm so sorry about your 3 old sleeping. My advice- just do whatever you need to get through. At one point we were turning on the tv in the middle of the night for Sebastian bc we were so exhausted. 
    We are expecting more thunder storms tonight through Saturday so I'm planning on either sleeping in her bed or her downstairs with me. I said a little prayer that the thunder won't be too loud tonight. I obviously won't get her unless she is crying but it amazes me how much she used to sleep through and for how long. I guess it's just the age? At least my pediatrician thinks it's just a phase and will pass. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @JennM205 it's a cutting machine...cuts paper and vinyl. Like a Cricut? It's addictive!

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    How many weeks? 20

What size is baby? A banana or 12oz, according to my anatomy scan. 

Upcoming appointments? Next monthly is in a few weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rants; I'm terribly afraid of having an infant during the winter (Maine). LO was a November baby, but we lived in SoCal and we're outside all the time. Plus I'm not sure what to do about my job. I work with/for amazing people, but it's not a career path I'm interested in pursing. I need to make a decision soon though. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? A little heartburn and now I'm feeling movement from the outside! 

GTKY: Courtesy of @blondie080300 - What are your hobbies? I used to make jewelry and crochet quite a bit, but I haven't make anything in awhile. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @COmama87 I LOVE wood-look tile!  Good for you for getting so much of a big project accomplished.  I really love doing projects like that around the house (we bought a fixer-upper a year ago) and I'm going to miss it this year as I get too big and uncomfortable to help much.  I'm determined to help as much as I can but I already get winded just doing basic lawn work and such so it'll just have to be limited!  :)  Oh, and happy early birthday to your DS!

@seitzy3 Too bad you're not in my area...I have an entire house in need of decorating and am having the hardest time finding my style!  The crazy thing is - I have my Bachelor's in Interior Design!!  The reality, though, is that I was never a designer at heart (hence my analytics career) and, while I have an eye for it (thanks to school) my house is Colonial which I love for its functionality but is so far from my personal style...I'm having a hard time pulling it all together!!  Plus it's a big house - who has the time and money for all of that, haha!!  I joke with everyone who sees how sparse the house is (even after living there a year) that it's my lifelong project.  Actually.  That's not a joke at all.  Totally true.  ;)

@mhilpisch10 Happy birthday to your DS as well!!  :smiley:

@jackiel1987 What in the world are submachine gun matches!?  Lol...  Sounds scary.  But also exhilarating...?

@Sarahg8r I just Googled it - that looks awesome!!  So many possibilities!

@bunnymay My DD was born mid-September as well (in northern Illinois).  The first few weeks were nice but it got cold quickly.  I definitely would have preferred for nice weather the whole time I was off, so we could have been outside (and my mood is just generally better when the weather is nice) but it wasn't as bad as I would have imagined, I think.  I went to a Mom's group on Mondays to get out of the house and met some great friends there and eventually we started playdates at each other's houses so we could get out and be social without having to be outside. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    sarahg8rsarahg8r member
    edited April 2016
    @bunnymama625 I'm the opposite...in FL it's way too hot to be outdoors until October and sometimes not until November! DS was born July 31st, and if I wanted to take him for a walk, I had to get out by 8 am. And although I was definitely up, I usually wasn't ready to get clothes on and go out by then!

Im excited it will be football season when Hadley is born, so we have built-in entertainment on the weekends that will make staying around the house more fun in the early days.

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @bunnymay - You got this!! My son was a December 14 baby, and I had the same fear. It was a little miserable at times to be stuck inside, but as others posted we went to a local mama group every other Wednesday, went to some library music times even if he was way too young and found some other indoor activities to escape the house. Also, we bundled him up in a snowsuit, I'd wear him in the ergo and go for dog walks and longer snowshoe treks.. he was like a little furnace and I had a jumbo jacket I could semi-wear over the both of us. September will give you a few months of getting outside with little one, I swear!! 
    Hopefully this winter is like our last, on my little man's first birthday (Winter One-derland themed.. of course) there had yet to be snow... December 12!  Woohoo!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ab920ab920 member
    edited April 2016
    How many weeks? 19! 

What size is baby? Mango. :smile: 

Upcoming appointments? Two weeks for a check-up. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Feeling good! I'm finally showing enough so that other people are noticing I'm pregnant. 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Cravings--bananas. Aversions--yogurt. :neutral: 

GTKY: Courtesy of @blondie080300 - What are your hobbies? Well, it used to be drinking wine with my husband. But now, it's a long walk every night with him. We both work 50+ hour weeks as attorneys so we don't have much time for weeknight hobbies. I'm a member of Junior League--does that count? :smile: 

On the weekends, it seems we always have an engagement party, wedding, or other event. ... Ya'll....I need a hobby! 
  • Options
    @abyrd1227 I'm in junior league, too! Where do you live?

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker