November 2016 Moms

Are you planning to wear a bikini this summer?

muybuenomuybueno member
edited April 2016 in November 2016 Moms

DX PCOS Jan 2012
IUI #1 Feb 2012= DS1 born 11/2012
Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle)=DS2 born 9/2014
Unmedicated BFP (first post-weaning cycle again)= EDD 11/2016

Are you planning to wear a bikini this summer? 96 votes

Yes, I'm gonna let the bump breath.
46% 45 votes
No, I'm going to wear a tankini or one piece.
44% 43 votes
No, I'm not going to sport any swimwear.
4% 4 votes
SS
4% 4 votes

Re: Are you planning to wear a bikini this summer?

• edit: breathe, not breath. Why can't I edit the poll options?
    DX PCOS Jan 2012
  • I'm a special snowflake. It will depend on whether or not I like the way my body looks in a bikini during this pregnancy. I wore one happily last time, but there's a little more of me to begin with than there was the last time around so we'll see.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • muybueno said:
    edit: breathe, not breath. Why can't I edit the poll options?
    Because in practice it's weird to be able to change the options on a poll after it's been published.  Especially if it's already been voted in?
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• I don't wear a bikini at all. Ever. I can't get over it feeling like I'm wearing nothing but underwear in public. 
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • I voted yes, but that's just because the only place I'll be in a bathing suit this summer is my family's lake house and I really don't care how I look around them. Also, I tend to hide from the sun as much as possible, so my bathing suit time will be limited to when I'm getting in or already in the water.
  • We have a giant heated pool. I plan to wear one every single day. 
  • I tried a bikini with my first.. but my boobs wouldn't fit... so I'll probably rock the tankini again
     TinyAlligator born @ 36w, 3lb2oz, IUGR 
      BabyFlamingo due 11/30/16  

• To answer the question at hand though, I guess I'm coming from a perspective of not currently having any visits to the beach, etc. planned, but I am planning to keep lap swimming, so hell yeah I'm planning to get a competition maternity suit for that.  And if I'm buying one of those, it'll probably just be my swimsuit for anything social because why buy two new suits?
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• I started out last pregnancy in one, but ended up buying a maternity tankini mostly because my boobs were out of control and I just wanted the extra coverage. I still have it so I'll probably use it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • angelz429angelz429 member
    edited April 2016
    I live in Florida and can't wait to rock the bump-kini 
  • I started out last pregnancy in one, but ended up buying a maternity tankini mostly because my boobs were out of control and I just wanted the extra coverage. I still have it so I'll probably use it.
    This was my problem too. I had a hard time finding tops that would cover more than just my nipples. I was like WTF. Even the bigger sizes had little to no coverage.
     TinyAlligator born @ 36w, 3lb2oz, IUGR 
      BabyFlamingo due 11/30/16  

• I planned to with my first, but I realized that: pregnant skin burns MUCH easier than normal skin. Beware! Also I was self-conscious about my linea nigra. So I bought a maternity tankini. 

Now I have a toddler who clings to me like a baby monkey. Wearing a bikini is just asking for a nip slip.  
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • whaatwhaat member
    I would normally never but I hope the bump will let me forget all of my weird body issues bc my body will be so weird already.
  • I'm already ghostly white enough on my legs and arms. Don't want to blind everyone! I also don't tan, especially when pregnant. I go from white to red, then back to white again. So I'll stick to a tankini.
  • Normally I'm all about a bikini but I plan on wearing a one-piece this summer as I think I'd feel wierd about "tanning" the belly lol.  That said I'll be at a beach house for a week this summer and plan on being in a bathing suit most of the time so there will be lots and lots of sun exposure and I think that's what's really impacting my decision.  

• With my other two, I wore two pieces (not true bikinis) until I was so big that people stared at my exposed belly awkwardly at the pool. I never got the linea negra so maybe that impacted my decision. I'll do the same this summer except I need a tankini for my lake vacay with the in-laws. They are amazing people but very traditional and a big, exposed belly would make them super uncomfortable. They'd never say a word, but I want to be respectful since it's their side of the family, their friends will be there, etc.
    DX PCOS Jan 2012
  • aquasocks said:
    I planned to with my first, but I realized that: pregnant skin burns MUCH easier than normal skin. Beware! Also I was self-conscious about my linea nigra. So I bought a maternity tankini. 

Now I have a toddler who clings to me like a baby monkey. Wearing a bikini is just asking for a nip slip.  

#truth

I bought a really pretty tankini from Old Navy that I will wear and I have a black one piece as well.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I would be shocked if I ended up in a bathing suit. But it would depend on the situation...if it was an event for my DD then a one piece. But a two piece if it is a casual thing at the pool. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Oh yeah, two piece all the way.  I'm too cheap to buy a new bathing suit, and my favorite suit has a top that's basically a sports bra with bottoms with a hidden drawstring.  So... Cram the girls in the sports bra on the loosest hooks, loosen the drawstring, pull the bottoms under the bump,  good to go.  It was for that triathlon I'm still pretending I'll compete in some day- ha, right.
    Unexplained infertility
    NTNP: 10 years! 
    TTC: Since 2014
    5 IUI:  BFN
    IVF 1:  MC
    IVF 2:  BFP!  DD 11/20/16

• I'm a big prude and don't belive in wearing a bikini. My DD was only allowed to wear a 2 piece when she was potty training and it still covered her belly.
  • I grew up in the most tropical of all the states, and body shame in bathing suits does not exist there. However, you are harassed if you wear a one-piece, and side-eyed if your bikini bottoms cover most of your ass. I could never get behind the brazilian bikini though, even when I was a teenager I was never comfortable showing that much of my butt in public. I will absolutely be wearing the bikinis I already own this summer!! :) Body-shamers be damned!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I grew up in the most tropical of all the states, and body shame in bathing suits does not exist there. However, you are harassed if you wear a one-piece, and side-eyed if your bikini bottoms cover most of your ass. I could never get behind the brazilian bikini though, even when I was a teenager I was never comfortable showing that much of my butt in public. I will absolutely be wearing the bikinis I already own this summer!! :) Body-shamers be damned!
    I want to go to there. My white, cellulite thighs and I really want to go to there!
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    This was my problem too. I had a hard time finding tops that would cover more than just my nipples. I was like WTF. Even the bigger sizes had little to no coverage.
    Yes! Or they had enough coverage but we're super ugly. And what @aquasocks said about having a toddler this time around. Nope nope
    nope.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wore a bikini my last pregnancy, this time around I will opt for a tankini
  • I'll get a cute one piece. I never have the balls to wear a bikini (pregnant or not).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'll wear a bikini top, but probably board shorts for bottoms. I hate my lower body, but love showing off the baby bump. 

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • I'm torn on this. My last pregnancy I had an obvious fat pouch below my baby belly. I would hope that that doesn't happen this time, but who knows. If I'm in my backyard hanging by a kiddie pool, sure. Otherwise, probably a tankini. 
  • I'm too cheap to buy another bathing suit. I have plenty of bikini's that are fuller coverage tops that I'll make due with.
    Me: 30 DH:31 DD:3
    3/6/16 BFP 
    EDD: 11/14/16

• I can't wait to rock a bikini this summer once my bump has grown! I did during my first pregnancy in 2014, but haven't been brave enough to since because I still have some excess belly skin from my big first baby. I am very excited to not have that anymore once my bump grows into it!
  • aquasocks said:
    I grew up in the most tropical of all the states, and body shame in bathing suits does not exist there. However, you are harassed if you wear a one-piece, and side-eyed if your bikini bottoms cover most of your ass. I could never get behind the brazilian bikini though, even when I was a teenager I was never comfortable showing that much of my butt in public. I will absolutely be wearing the bikinis I already own this summer!! :) Body-shamers be damned!
    I want to go to there. My white, cellulite thighs and I really want to go to there!
    Join me! I'm the palest person ever...I don't tan, Scottish skin. My butt and thighs are totally covered in cellulite and IDGAF. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just a word to those planning on using their existing bikinis rather than maternity bikinis- make sure you are OK with the possibility of the bottoms getting stretched out and being unusable when you're back to your normal size. I ruined a couple of bikinis and a lot of nice underwear that way :( Now I exclusively wear maternity bathing suit bottoms and maternity underwear (love Gap's) once the belly is large.
    DX PCOS Jan 2012
  • muybueno said:
    Just a word to those planning on using their existing bikinis rather than maternity bikinis- make sure you are OK with the possibility of the bottoms getting stretched out and being unusable when you're back to your normal size. I ruined a couple of bikinis and a lot of nice underwear that way :( Now I exclusively wear maternity bathing suit bottoms and maternity underwear (love Gap's) once the belly is large.
    I never even realized maternity underwear existed... I just assumed a size up may be needed. I have so much to learn.
  • lizap77 said:
    muybueno said:
    Just a word to those planning on using their existing bikinis rather than maternity bikinis- make sure you are OK with the possibility of the bottoms getting stretched out and being unusable when you're back to your normal size. I ruined a couple of bikinis and a lot of nice underwear that way :( Now I exclusively wear maternity bathing suit bottoms and maternity underwear (love Gap's) once the belly is large.
    I never even realized maternity underwear existed... I just assumed a size up may be needed. I have so much to learn.
    Yeah they are just roomier around the waistline and typically have more seat coverage. I didn't expand much in the butt or thighs during my pregnancy, but a little in the hips and of course the waistline. I didn't like how my regular underwear made me feel squeezed.
    DX PCOS Jan 2012