August 2016 Moms
Options

Third Trimester Party!!

Revving up for the homestretch! Let the party begin once we hit our third and last trimester, ladies!! 

Re: Third Trimester Party!!

• Options
    Just for clarification, what does everyone consider the third trimester?  27 week mark?  If we're getting technical  here and you divide the pregnancy up evenly, the third trimester would begin at 26 weeks and 4 or 5 days.  What do we all think?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always thought it was 28 weeks. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Options
    Per a chart at my OBs office it's 28 weeks. Week 27 is the last week in the 2nd tri. Not that it matters too much anyway because soon we will all be 35 weeks and ready for LO to be here. 
  • Options
    Seriously @Lynnlove28 this is all happening way too fast! I've no idea- 27 or 28 weeks...all I know is some may be approaching the end of 2nd already! Cue the panic button now.
  • Options
    I've been reading what to expect when you're expecting and it considers week 28 the beginning of the third tri. So I was just going to go off that. 
  • Options
    My OB's office also provided a breakdown of trimesters that had 28 weeks as the "official" start of the 3rd tri.
  • Options
    Feels like these next couple months gone run out of our hands and next have babies in our arms and all Freak out moments lately have been outrageous 
  • Options
    I also thought it odd that the first trimester has 13 weeks, the second has 15 weeks, and the third one has 12.  I was curious about this and asked around - I think they start the third trimester at week 28 because that is when the baby lungs start to make surfactant and would be much more likely to breath on their own once born - more of a physiological marker...

Has anybody heard anything similar or differently?
  • Options
    I'm at 27 weeks, which I thought is what most people considered there 3rd trimester. My app counts it as 28 weeks. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    BritMC18BritMC18 member
    edited May 2016
    28 weeks today!
  • Options
    DuffgurlDuffgurl member
    edited May 2016
    Woot Woot 28 weeks today :heart: 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm 28 weeks today!!! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is passing by! LO will be here in no time! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Glad to officially join the 3rd trimester party! 28 weeks today!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Officially 28 weeks today!  Crazy to think that there could be less than 3 months until baby arrives!  DS came at 38 weeks!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lblu43lblu43 member
    Finally.