October 2016 Moms
Options

Maternity Clothes Consignment?

JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
edited April 2016 in October 2016 Moms
Just wondering if anyone had found or uses any online maternity consignment stores? I check eBay and craigslist but not too much success there.

Ive found a few things on thredup.com. 

I just know know there are a few different websites and apps for selling kids clothes, and wondering if I'm missing any for maternity wear. Let me know if you have any!

Re: Maternity Clothes Consignment?

• Options
    @JamieK1882  I've found a few on Poshmark as well
  • Options
    @JamieK1882  I've found a few on Poshmark as well
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    I need to look in to this. We moved last year, and somehow I lost ALL of my maternity clothes from my pregnancy DS. The rage... I now have to buy everything new again, and this will be our last baby. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My thredup order just arrived yesterday, and I am SO HAPPY with my purchases that I'm going to look for jeans there.  I basically got 2 dress pants for work, 1 skirt and 1 top... All were excellent quality.

Definitely recommend!  Spent less than $100 on all 4 items!
  • Options
    If you have any children consignment shops near you, they usually have a maternity clothes section. Or even mom to mom sales. 
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • Options
    does thredup have plus size? 
  • Options
    @mrszoess It does, but when I looked there the pickings were VERY slim in plus size. :(  I had better luck going to consignment stores locally.
  • Options
    Seconding what @mrskratt said. Not online, but the kid 2 kid resale shops by me all have maternity sections in them.
  • Options
    If you have an outlet mall near you, I recommend checking to see if they have a Motherhood Maternity Outlet Store.  I spent around $160 a month ago and I bought three pairs of colorful pants, two pairs of nice jeans, and three shirts.  The outlet store gets items from it's higher-end sister company (A Pea in the Pod) so the jeans are much nicer (mine are like butter).

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    A friend just got me signed up for Le Tote - it's kind of like Netflicks for clothes/accessories.  Just note that you're maternity size when you sign up.  You pick styles you like and a "stylist" will select 3 apparel items and 2 accessories for you to use.  Once you're done wearing them, you (don't wash them!) stick them in the envelope and get a new set.  If you find something you want to keep, you can buy it at a discount.  I thought this was a really good option, especially for maternity wear.  Not sure if I'll continue to use it after baby comes, but figured I'd give it a shot!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've got a friend who has had luck on schoola and they have something where you get a $25 credit for your first order.

Another option is looking for something local, we have a few children's and maternity places around here for consignment. Or pop up consignment sales or moms of multiples sales. They normally pop up for a weekend at either churches or fair grounds and we have a local one that also included a "she-sale" for maternity.

Our burlington had some nice priced things, along with target and they were all priced along the lines of a nice consignment.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    I went to an outlet last week- I hadn't had much luck at our local kid consignment stores because I'm apparently not the right size (also I'm not looking for heavy sweaters, thanks). I found outlet maternity sections at the old navy and h&m outlets, scored some great dresses that would do for work. I also played around with buying clothes in bigger sizes (particularly Blazers) that fit in the shoulders but had a ton of extra fabric up front, due to size and cut. It was either that or a boy's blazer, and these were cheaper. Been getting creative, in other words.