October 2015 Moms

not sleeping through the night

i know if I ask my doctor, he will say let him cry and I can't do that. I know if he's crying he wants comfort, or boob or just to cuddle and it makes me so upset trying to let him cry himself to sleep. I put him down for bed at 9ish and he naps twice during the day, a morning and afternoon nap. he gets put in his crib and then wakes up at whatever time and if I'm still up I rock him back to sleep or feed him then put him back in the crib. if he gets up while I am asleep I get him and try to put him back down or just bring him into bed and end up falling asleep with him. I would love for him to sleep the night on his own but sometimes I am so exhausted I just can't put him back in the crib. he loves cuddling with me at night but I can't sleep good with him and my husband in bed. I need help but I really don't think I can let him cry. we have tried and did not succeed because I cry after five minutes and go get him. Any advice? 

Re: not sleeping through the night

• Not all babies sleep through the night at this age!  My son is still up 4+ times per night.  This isn't going to help at all but I found that once I accepted that he wasn't a great sleeper rather than dwelling on lost sleep I started feeling better.  Try to get to bed earlier.  If you both get better sleep with him in your bed do that.  After a few rough nights my husband moves out for the night so that I can sleep better, I find even on a rough night I feel much better if I don't have to crawl in and out of bed a bunch of times.... Plus, I love the cuddles we get on those nights.  Do what you gotta do!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Every baby is different and you are right! That was exactly what the doctor said "let her cry" I just can't and won't do that at first she would go to bed around 9:30 and I did the same thing move her with me. I changed her routine a bit her bed time is now 7:30 the first time she wakes up I'm still up (10:00) the second is around 4am it did take me a good month to get her use to it. All they want is sometimes is comfort. Do what's best for you and what gets you some extra hours of sleep. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My baby has recently starting getting up twice a night to sleeping through the night. She has moved her bedtime to 7pm, has trick me three times and went to bed for the night before her pajamas were put on. She has also recently started to roll over in her crib too. If she cries during the night i feed her and put her back down in the crib, she usually passes out before she hits the crib. The only time I let her cry it out is for her naps and its usually last resort. She usually only crys for maybe 3 minuties and its when she is rubbing her eyes and yawning that i will do it. When we have a rough night, i just nap when she naps. lol
  • I asked the pedi yesterday on tips to get Damien to sleep longer (most days we get 1-3 hour stretches every once in a great while well get a 6 hour stretch). He recommended a heavy mea before bed like cereal and babyfood in addition to a last nurse. It doesn't work for us but I know a lot of people that does help. Our pedi also think Damien just needs the food that often which is why he wakes. 
  • I would put her to bed earlier.