May 2016 Moms
Options

Names

Help! 6 days til due date and still no name for our little girl.
We have gone through list after list and nothing! My latest thing would be nickname of Richie, but I have no clue what that could be short for. Any suggestions? MN is Rene, after both of our sisters.

Re: Names

• Options
    The only name I can think of that would possibly have Richie as a nickname would be Richelle! 
  • Options
    I second the PP's suggestion of Richelle. I actually think you could also give her the name Rochelle and use Richie as a nickname, despite the different pronunciation. Either way, I think that your MN choice goes well with either. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a friend who is Richel (that's how she spells it), and that could be shortened to Richie.  If you wanted something more traditional, I also think Rachel Rene could become Richie.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have a friend who is Richel (that's how she spells it), and that could be shortened to Richie.  If you wanted something more traditional, I also think Rachel Rene could become Richie.  :)
    That's a good one, I think Richie would be a cute nickname for Rachel 
  • Options
    I would start frantically searching name websites and the US census at this point. Or just wait until you have her and see what she "looks" like and name her based off that.
  • Options
    If you're going to use the nickname of Richie why not just name her Richie? My parents wanted to name me Dakoda-Lynn and call me Codi for short and after months of deliberation just decided to name me Codi-Lynn, since they planned on only or mostly using Codi as my name. 
  • Options
    More of a stretch, but Regina is a nice name too that I could see plausibly becoming Richie. 
  • Options
    There could be a ton of teasing in store for a kid whose parents call her Richie...
  • Options
    There could be a ton of teasing in store for a kid whose parents call her Richie...
    Kids will tease kids no matter what you name them. I have heard the same thing about naming my son Titus, but we just plan to teach him to be proud and to stick up for himself. Can't wrap them in bubble wrap. 
  • Options
    @proudparent2b I was the thinking more along the lines of words that rhyme with "Richie" that some not-so-nice kids might make into a nickname.
    Met: 11/2/2004
    Dating: 3/24/2005
    Married: 11/5/2011
    Eleanor Leeann: 5/14/2015
    Baby # 2 Due: 5/17/2016
  • Options
    She might always decide to go by her full name once she hits school--be it Richelle/Richel/Rachel whatever.  Richie is a cute NN for a baby girl, though.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker