December 2016 Moms
Options

Mom's with Toddlers - 4.26

Starting our weekly Mom's with Toddlers thread!! I apologize for not getting it up yesterday - will post on Mondays on a go-forward :-)

To get us started!:

- What age(s) is/are your toddler(s)?

- What are you most excited about in adding a new baby into your toddler's world? 

- What is your biggest concern (at this point)?

- How are you managing your symptoms and keeping up with a toddler? 

- Thoughts on how you plan to help your toddler understand what is happening? 

R/R/Q:

- Bonus question! What is your toddler's favorite activity?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mom's with Toddlers - 4.26

• Options
    I have a 2yo little boy named Jake :-)

- What are you most excited about in adding a new baby into your toddler's world? 
    I'm so excited to give him a sibling!! I'm hoping he has as great a relationship with them as I do with my sister

I've been thinking about how my relationship with DS will change.... not concerned per se but apprehensive

Doing pretty well so far! I've stayed having really bad headaches that make everything harder and fatigue is kicking in hard core

I'm not totally sure yet..... going to get him a book or two and just work it into our conversations. Going to try to make it as special and exciting for him as possible

R/R/Q: Not right now!

He loves everything helping! Helping cook, helping 'fix' things, helping clean....so cute :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

2 girls ages 3 and 1

My 3 year old all of the sudden loves babies so I think she is going to love having another sibling. 

Not much

My symptoms aren't too bad since I'm only 5 weeks along.

Because they are so young there isn't much I can do to help them understand just yet.

R/R/Q:

they love playing outside.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    To get us started!:

Amelia is 3 (01.08.13) we call her Mia.
    I can't wait to see their friendship blossom and grow
    Mia has been sharing the news... and daddy and I aren't quite ready to share.
    I just keep moving and try to get Mia to nap!  
    Mia has been to an US appointment with daddy & I.  She could not be more proud and excited.  She even told the OB she's going to help with Everything!
    R/R/Q:
    Not right now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1: 04/27/12 ~ Amelia Elizabeth born @ 41w0d on 01/08/13
    BFP #2: 08/28/15 ~ MC 9/21/15 I'll always hold you in my heart little one
    BFP#3: 12/09/15 ~ MC 12/18/15 <3 mommies second angel
    BFP#4: 03/28/16 ~ Beta #1 10dpo: 22, Beta #2 12dpo: 102, Beta #3 14dpo:  276.  US a 27dpo: GS sac and precious baby measuring 5w5d. US at 6w3d: HB @ 108 bpm.   EDD: 12/09/16   GROW BABY GROW! Mommy & Daddy & Big Sister love YOU so much! <3
  • Options
    17 months

She's very social, and I think she'll enjoy having her own playmate.

I want to savor the time I have with her as an only child. It kind of makes me sad that her little world will change so much, even if it's in a good way.

No real symptoms yet, except some fatigue. But that might be just a result of full time work and keeping a little person alive.

My dad is a pediatrician, and he said he has some resources on how we can help her understand. For instance, he said that when we get home with the baby, DH should bring the baby in the house, and I should go straight to DD to help prevent any jealousy.

R/R/Q:

Staring forlornly at my boobs that she is now weaned from...and grabbing/fondling them in public. - A couple of weeks ago we went to Plains, GA to listen to Jimmy Carter preach Sunday school, and after the class, you get to have your photo with him. I had to pull my sweater closed because DD was trying to pull my boobs out, and they are no longer fit for presidential eyes. Needless to say, in our family photo with the Pres, DD is elbow-deep in my top. Classy!

She also enjoys dancing and pretending to talk on the phone...
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    DS is 19 months old
    I miss the baby, cuddly stage. DS is "all boy" and not interested in Mama unless he is super super sleepy, not feeling well, or around strangers. DS loves babies so I'm hoping he is equally as happy for a baby to be full time in our house. 
    I honestly have no idea how I'm going to love a baby as much as I do DS. I find myself struggling to make "special one-on-one time" already with DS in fear he is going to feel replaced with the baby. It hurts me to think that he will be "neglected" somehow with new baby around. 
    Luckily DH is a huge help. Right now I'm doing the whole morning sickness thing around around dinner time so he's balancing DS/SD/Dinner/Travel Softball solo. 
    no idea.... 
    R/R/Q:

Right now it's anything with a ball. He also loves walks with Mama!
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options

L- 2 in June

Seeing L help take care of new one and watching her further develop her nurturing side.

How L will do when she doesn't get all the attention. She demands it, all the time. It will be a huge adjustment and I'm nervous. 

I don't. :) I work full time and then try to keep up with a toddler. I'm exhausted. We do lots of coloring.

We just keep talking about baby brother/ baby sister. I don't think she will really understand until baby is here.
    R/R/Q:

Swinging, coloring, and reading. Her line is, "I could swing all day!"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options

3(DD) and almost 2 (DS)

I am excited to have kids so close in age, and I am excited that DD knows what's going on a bit more this time. She had no concept last time as the oldest 2 are only 15 months apart. 

how DS will respond, he's kinda in the middle age group where he knows stuff is going on but not old enough like my 3yo to really be able to talk about it. I didn't have to deal with too much sibling stuff last time since they were so close

Going to bed as soon as I put the kids to bed!

We have been talking about it with my DD a bunch, she is scared we will have a big baby and wants a little one. I also worry about the waiting game for her, she's already asking why our baby isn't here yet

R/R/Q:

running! Playing outside, DD loves dress up

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
    DS born 6.12.14
    #3 due 12.6.16

• Options

My little guy will be two in a couple of weeks 

He loves babies, he has dolls and can not get enough! I'm excited to see how sweet he will be with a new brother or sister.

He is starting to tantrum over transitions from one place to the next and not understanding what is going to happen next. 

Napping when he naps and saying F it to chores until he goes to bed. He goes down at 7 so we have plants of time to tidy up the dishes and toys in the evening. 

Reading books, lots of books! 

R/R/Q:

At this point anything outside and play with little animal figures that have babies. 
  • Options

- What age(s) is/are your toddler(s)? DS is 2.5yo (will be 3 in July)

- What are you most excited about in adding a new baby into your toddler's world?  My son is so sweet with other babies, I can't wait to have it be with his sibling. 

- What is your biggest concern (at this point)? Splitting time, lack of sleep, and (eventually) managing daycare dropoff and pickup.  Sorry I couldn't pick just one.  Oh and missing Xmas morning with DS of baby comes on time. 

- How are you managing your symptoms and keeping up with a toddler?  So far I really don't have any symptoms (5w4d), just going to bed  a tad early - but well after DS. 

- Thoughts on how you plan to help your toddler understand what is happening?  I'm going to wait to tell him until I'm farther along, which means not telling anyone that will say it in front of DS. He'll get it (mostly) and be excited.  His cousin was born in January and he understood way more than I thought he would. 

R/R/Q:

- Bonus question! What is your toddler's favorite activity? Anything outside. He loves going to the playground, playing in our yard and blowing bubbles. 
    Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Options
    emisiemisi member
    - What age(s) is/are your toddler(s)?  I have one little boy, he's 3.

- What are you most excited about in adding a new baby into your toddler's world?   He'll eventually have a playmate!

- What is your biggest concern (at this point)?  Jealousy, and not being able to pay enough attention to both of them.

- How are you managing your symptoms and keeping up with a toddler?  I'm managing?  ;)  Mostly I lean on my husband and my mom (who lives with us) a lot.

- Thoughts on how you plan to help your toddler understand what is happening? I doubt he'll really understand until I actually have the baby, so I'll do my best to get him ready to be a big brother.

R/R/Q:  POTTY TRAINING IS THE WORST.  He's totally potty trained everywhere... but at daycare.  He's being SO STUBBORN about not wanting to poop in the potty at daycare, and we don't know how to fix it.

- Bonus question! What is your toddler's favorite activity? He loves to put together puzzles and draw scribbles that he claims are cars.  ;)
    Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options

- What age(s) is/are your toddler(s)? DD is 16 months

- What are you most excited about in adding a new baby into your toddler's world?  Oh man..haha is it bad that I am actually more worried. I guess I am excited for when she gets older they have each other to play with.

- What is your biggest concern (at this point)? Concern is how DD is going to take not being mommies center of attention. My DD is super attached to me and if she wants to snuggle she is looking for mommy.

- How are you managing your symptoms and keeping up with a toddler? I just power through. I am pregnant but I am still a mommy. If I can find energy to work after my DD used to only allow me 4 hours a sleep a night then I can do this too.

- Thoughts on how you plan to help your toddler understand what is happening? I am going to make it that this lil one on the way is as much as a "present" for mommy and daddy as it is for her. I am going to incorporate her into doing things for and with the baby so she feels needed and helpful.

R/R/Q:

- Bonus question! What is your toddler's favorite activity? Trick question...JK.  Lets take everything out of drawers, laundry baskets, cabinets and strewn it across the floor. Secondly would be going in and out of our sliding glass door.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @linzylou0909 that is too funny! My LO is just starting to look down my shirt, I dread the day he goes digging in it lol 

What age(s) is/are your toddler(s)? my son is 16 months

- What are you most excited about in adding a new baby into your toddler's world? I'm excited for DS to have a playmate. He is the only kid at his in home daycare and I always wish he had someone else to play with. He is so social and loves other kids, so I'm hoping he feels the same about a little brother or sister.

- What is your biggest concern (at this point)? A few things...
    1. Not sure how my nanny will feel about taking on another kid. I'm anxious to tell her we are expecting and see her reaction. She is close to retirement, but loves my son and will keep him until he is 5. 
    2. We bedshare and still nurse, including once during the night, I'm worried for the sleep transition. I don't want to kick my son out to his own crib/room if he isn't ready for it. Not sure how cosleeping works with a newborn and older kiddo.

- How are you managing your symptoms and keeping up with a toddler? Napping when he naps on the weekends and going to bed early. My pregnancy has been easy so far, thankfully!

- Thoughts on how you plan to help your toddler understand what is happening? I have already started telling him that I am growing a baby and that he will be a big brother. We will include DS in our u/s appointments so he can see the baby too. I plan to get him books about it too, just haven't yet. 

R/R/Q:

- Bonus question! What is your toddler's favorite activity? He loves throwing balls around the house and picking them up, moving our laundry around the house, and playing outside in the grass. 

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• Options
    - What age(s) is/are your toddler(s)? 18 months

- What are you most excited about in adding a new baby into your toddler's world? She says "baby" a thousand times any time she sees a baby at daycare/in public/in a picture. So hopefully she'll be a good big sister

- What is your biggest concern (at this point)? Adjusting to two kids. Yikes!

- How are you managing your symptoms and keeping up with a toddler? So far so good honestly. My symptoms come and go a lot more in this pregnancy then my first so sometimes I don't really feel pregnant.

- Thoughts on how you plan to help your toddler understand what is happening? I have no idea how to explain to an 18 month old that we're having a baby. Especially since she still points to herself still and says baby haha I will try to find some resources

R/R/Q:

- Bonus question! What is your toddler's favorite activity? Dancing, running, dumping stuff all over the floor?
  • Options

- What age(s) is/are your toddler(s)? 2 and 3, both girls

- What are you most excited about in adding a new baby into your toddler's world? My oldest is baby obsessed right now so I can't wait to see how she reacts to baby. She was only 17 months when her sister was born and essentially a baby herself so it'll be so different this time. 

- What is your biggest concern (at this point)? My youngest is crazy clingy and only ever wants me so I'm a little nervous about having to push her to the side a bit to take care of baby. 

- How are you managing your symptoms and keeping up with a toddler? Uh, TV? Lol. My poor kids have watched more TV in the past month than they probably ever have. I have ZERO energy. I'm dying for the weather to get nicer so at least I can sit in the yard with them while they run around. 

- Thoughts on how you plan to help your toddler understand what is happening? My oldest gets it but my 2 year old doesn't have a clue. I'm not worried about it. My oldest had no idea what was happening when 2.0 was born and she fared just fine. 

R/R/Q:

- Bonus question! What is your toddler's favorite activity? Annoying each other? Lol. In all seriousness, they do play really well together. They love to build forts and bring all their babies in with them. They're also really into princesses right now. Our house is very girly-girl :)
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have a 2 year old son that's birthday is December 28th, 2013 and our 2nd baby is going to be ALMOST exactly 3 years apart from him.

What I'm most excited about in adding another baby to the family would probably be feeling closer to my family as we share this new love and joy together, bonding in a new way we haven't discovered yet.
    My son is from a previous relationship, but you wouldn't be able to tell by the way my hubby is with our little guy. They love each other so much.

Biggest concern(s)- Definitely going to be space, money, and avoiding arguing with my little boy about his clinginess and roughness, plus the dog gets jealous sometimes as is, so hopefully she doesn't start peeing/pooping on the floor again for attention.

Symptoms/ keeping up with my son- When I am getting sick once in a blue moon my little boy goes and plays with his daddy for a minute or when daddy isn't around he says "ok mommy?" and pats my shoulder. I haven't been getting sick as much lately though. He also rubs my tummy with me on the couch and cuddles when I get those cramps, and we definitely munch out on carrots and ranch constantly together.

Thoughts on helping my toddler understand: 
    We point to his belly and say apple juice, he points to my belly and says baby. He understand I think pretty well. I work at his daycare and to sign out of work he walks to the baby room with me where we sign out. He sits and kisses each baby and pets them and coos at them. He also has a few teddy bears at home he has me wrap up with a blanket so he can pat them and he has this glow worm doll he insists needs a diaper change every time he has an accident (as we are still potty training.) I also am going to have him there when we do a gender reveal and have him at our baby shower too so that he can be a part of every step of the way. I don't want him to feel left out in any way. 

My toddler's favorite activity- HE LOVES HIS ELECTRIC CAR. He sleeps with the key to it even. My parents do bidding online and got him an electric Lamborghini for $.49 On quibids. You would be amazed. I got a flat screen 32" on there for $12 even. He drives it around the house and outside until the battery dies. While it charges he is holding his little key or puts it in his pocket and pats it all the time. He also likes to read and play with his hot wheels. Lately he talks so much, I really think the reading to him every night is paying off.  

• Options
    L is ~9 months.
    The snuggles sound absolutely amazing. I had to pick up L a couple weeks ago, and he was finishing his bottle. So he and I snuggled in a rocking chair, and another little boy - same age difference as L and #2 will be - came and snuggled while we were there. It was heavenly.
    That I am 40+ minutes from the hospital I'll be delivering at. I ended up with Eclampsia last time, and checked in Monday after my 39w app. they only let me go home because the labs would take 12+ hrs. Otherwise I would have been there until L was born.
    So far (knock on wood) I haven't had many. Slightly more tired, and occasional nausea if I don't eat fast enough. 
    Well, he isn't talking yet, so IDK. Maybe just start saying 'baby' and point to my stomach when I start showing.
    R/R/Q:
    eh, just grouchy about my stupid insurance and co-worker. See WTF Wed. for details.
    Tormenting the dogs. He is just starting to crawl on his knees, so he learned he can crawl over the dogs as they are laying down and flop on them. He also will chase them to chew on their tails.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    Hello!
    My daughter turned 2 in March.
    Excited to see a friendship/sibling relationship between the two kiddos!!
    Biggest concern right now....being patient for that 1st ultrasound and the stress of adding a 2nd baby to the family.
    Lately I have been extremely tired and moody. Trying to rest as much as possible (lol) and trying to remain patient! I was very, very sick last time around...hoping it doesn't appear again!
    We have been reading books about the "new baby" and I explained to her there is a baby in my belly.
    BONUS: She loves playing and doing anything outside! Bubbles, sidewalk chalk, sand....so it's rough when the weather doesn't allow us to get out! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    -What age(s) is/are your toddler(s)? DS is 13 months

- What are you most excited about in adding a new baby into your toddler's world? I LOVE that they will be close in age!

- What is your biggest concern (at this point)? Surviving year 1

- How are you managing your symptoms and keeping up with a toddler? Right now I am hiding at work. I went part time when DS was born. I'm returning to full time in a couple weeks... DH's job contract didn't get renewed so he'll be SAHD. I'm really nervous about this transition

- Thoughts on how you plan to help your toddler understand what is happening? We won't do much until much later. There's no way we'll be able to describe what's about to happen.

R/R/Q: Anyone else have a SAHD?

- Bonus question! What is your toddler's favorite activity? He LOVES it when I chase him.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Haha @slartybartfast my husband says we just need to survive the first 6 months and we'll be in the clear
  • Options
    @slartybartfast I'm lurking (cause I'm a FTM), but my husband might be a SAHD. He has been looking for a job for a while, but with little success. He has 9 months left to find a job that earns enough to pay for daycare, or else he'll be a SAHD. He is pretty willing to do it, but always wanted it to be a choice instead of forced by circumstance. Personally, I really hope he finds a job cause he'll be much happier if he had a job.
    EQD born 12/15!

• Options
    1. My DD turns 2 at the end of May. 
    2. I'm not sure here. I think she will enjoy a sibling eventually but probably not during the newborn phase. 
    3. Biggest concern is if this kid is a daddy's kid my DD will be devastated. She hasn't let me give her milk, barely letting me change a diaper, and definitely won't let me put her to bed....all since she was 4-6 months old. So I'm really hoping this kid is a mommy's kid. 
    4. Symptoms plus a toddler is tough. My DH is also completing his masters (2 week after my due date) so he's super busy. My biggest symptom is bring tired right now so I just have to push through. I was nauseous for a few days and DH just had to help more then stay up late for homework. Last pregnancy I was super sick...so far this isn't too bad. 
    5. Daniel Tiger has a few episodes on this so we have and will be watching them a lot. 
    6. No questions right now. 
    7. Favorite activity is anything to do with Daddy. She loves books. We read at least 20 each day between 4-630pm. It gets exhausting but she can read all of the alphabet already. We are flying across the country tomorrow and I literally packed 15 of her books in my backpack plus more in my suitcase. She also likes to color and play with bubbles. But books have been her favorite since she was super little. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    Haha @slartybartfast my husband says we just need to survive the first 6 months and we'll be in the clear
    So true.  The first 6 months of my second daughter's life were crazy hectic.  But once we got past that, it was all good!
    sourlemon said:
    5. Daniel Tiger has a few episodes on this so we have and will be watching them a lot. 

The new baby episodes are the best!  They came out right before DD2 was born and even though DD1 was only 16 months at the time, they really seemed to help her understand what was going on.  Or at least get a little more excited about having a baby around ;)
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My DS, Theo just turned 2.

Seeing how he reacts to having a sibling and how their relationship develops.

How my and DS's  relationship will change. I'm a SAHM, so we are really close.

Ugh, it's been hard lately now that the nausea has kicked in. I've been taking him places he can play kind of independently - the library, mall play area, ect. Also, he's been watching a little more TV than normal. I have been so tired too that I nap when he naps. 

I just keep talking to him about it... DS is very verbal. Also the Daniel Tiger episodes about his baby sister. We might see if we can get some books too closer to due date.

R/R/Q: none

He loves playing with cars and trains. Also loves being outside.
  • Options
    @nowordsdescribe how do you plan to handle 2 kids with very close birthdays PLUS the holidays? DS and LO will be almost exactly 2 years apart in mid December. I'm overwhelmed just thinking about how to make both birthdays special and have Christmas a week later. 

• Options
    - What age(s) is/are your toddler(s)?  DS Turned 3 2 weeks ago

- What are you most excited about in adding a new baby into your toddler's world? Well, found out we're having twins yesterday, so there's a lot more to think about now.  I think it's the friendship.  My brothers are my best friends and I want that for my kids. 

How in the hell am I going to manage an incredibly active, headstrong toddler with twin babies?  I've cried multiple times because I feel like DS isn't going to get enough love now especially with two.

- How are you managing your symptoms and keeping up with a toddler?  Doing okay.  DS is in school M/W/F so that helps.

- Thoughts on how you plan to help your toddler understand what is happening? I told him there's two babies yesterday and he said 'no mommy, one's good!'  Had me laughing for a while.  

R/R/Q:

- Bonus question! What is your toddler's favorite activity?  Legos, building blocks, sandbox, running like a wild man.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    @DiFazette omg twins?! How exciting! Congrats!!! I have a twin sister and my mom said we were great at entertaining each other. I'm sure your 3 year old will be a great helper with the babies too!

• Options
    DS will be 2 in June

I am most excited about DS having a sibling, and one that is close in age. My brother & sister have always been close and they are 2 years apart. I am the oldest at 4-6 years apart from them, so I was always the "outsider". 

I am most concerned about how DS is going to handle having my attention not focused on him 100% of the time. He is the center of our worlds right now and I have to interact with him constantly. I'm nervous about it, but he loves babies so hopefully that will help.

My main symptoms are fatigue and peeing constantly. We do a lot of sitting down activities like coloring and playing with his cars and trains.

I am not sure. I have tried telling him about the baby and how mama has a baby in her belly but he didn't seem to understand. I may get some books for us to read together about being a big brother. 

R/R/Q: none today

He is currently obsessed with trains - I want to get him a train table for his birthday. He also LOVES to be outside as much as possible digging in the dirt, finding sticks for the dogs, and finding all the tops of acorns the squirrels have dropped (he calls them 'hats' haha).

BFP #1 10/8/13, EDD 6/4/14, DS #1 6/9/14

BFP #2  5/1/16, EDD 12/16/16, MMC 5/27/16

BFP #3  8/29/16, EDD 5/5/17, DS #2 5/11/17

BFP #4  2/28/21, EDD 11/9/21

• Options
    DS, H,  will be 2 in June

I am so excited to see him in the role of big brother. He's so sweet and loving that seeing him take care of a baby will make my heart explode. 

Little man not having all of the attention. He is an absolute mama's boy, and I love that, but sharing me isn't his favorite. He also still nurses and I worry about drying up before he's ready. And I'm terrified to potty train pregnant or with a newborn.

I am super tired all of the time, and luckily he loves to snuggle, but unfortunately is up before 6 every day. The mornings consist of Curious George/Paw Patrol and mommy lying on the couch with toddler on top nursing. I try to be active with him in the afternoon, but I feel so sick to my stomach that it's really hard to. I think he knows that too because he's somehow clingier than normal and affectionate with me.

He comes to all of my appointments with me and loves to hear the heart beat so I will be getting a Doppler at some point. He has a baby doll that was mine when I was little so we are trying to show him to be gentle with baby and stuff. He loves books, so that's next on the list. 

R/R/Q: none today

He is currently obsessed with trains and trucks He also LOVES to be outside as much as possible digging in the dirt, @newmamaro I'm keeping most of this since our kids sound similar. Dh, Fil and sd just built him a swing set that he cannot get enough of so swinging happens a lot. And jumping. There is so much jumping all over the house. Ooh. And the water table is his other favorite. I'm excited to set up the sprinkler this summer and going to the local amusement park since he loved it last year.

November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    - What age(s) is/are your toddler(s)? My son is 17 months.

- What are you most excited about in adding a new baby into your toddler's world? To give him a sibling and see them interact. My siblings are my best friends, and I hope my kids are friends too.  

- What is your biggest concern (at this point)? That my son will be jealous of the new baby. And that I won't have time to do anything. I don't know when I will work. 

- How are you managing your symptoms and keeping up with a toddler? I am very tired. Doing the best I can.

- Thoughts on how you plan to help your toddler understand what is happening? I bought him a book about being a big brother. Not really sure what to do besides talk about it. 

R/R/Q: I don't know what this means.

- Bonus question! What is your toddler's favorite activity? Watching other kids, being outside, playing with a ball
  • Options
    @jenlynne0624 ahhh I totally forgot about the fact that I will be potty training with a newborn! Sounds stressful...
    And I agree, our kids do sound a lot alike. L is a total mama's boy, hence me interacting with him constantly.

BFP #1 10/8/13, EDD 6/4/14, DS #1 6/9/14

BFP #2  5/1/16, EDD 12/16/16, MMC 5/27/16

BFP #3  8/29/16, EDD 5/5/17, DS #2 5/11/17

BFP #4  2/28/21, EDD 11/9/21

• Options
    I've got a 14 month old girl.

How close in age they will be.

the transition, family dynamic change, how many days or even if I want to go back to work,  and yes! potty training when I have a newborn.

So far, I'd say I have either none or minimal symptoms...which is opposite my previous pregnancy. So far so good...especially considering DH has been out of town all week!

Will have to rethink this when she's older. She wouldn't understand at all right now. 

Moving her little people princesses all over the house or running away from mommy while giggling uncontrollably.
  • Options
    FitTrisFitTris member

i am most excited about growing our family. He is the sweetest kid & will be a great big brother. 

My biggest concern: too much to time & crappy meals while I'm managing my nausea. 

How am I managing symptoms? Just plugging along, like I have to. There's not a lot of wiggle room to be down for the count! I go to see my obgyn this week & will ask for advice on managing nausea. I also have been napping during his nap time & snuggling with my non-napping 5 year old while he watches a show. 

Thoughts on how my toddler will understand? I'm not sure he will. We will just continue to talk about a baby coming by Christmas. 

His favorite activity is playing with his trains! 

• Options

- What age(s) is/are your toddler(s)? 4, 3 & 1 

- What are you most excited about in adding a new baby into your toddler's world? Honestly? The chaos that's to come. 

- What is your biggest concern (at this point)? Loss. 

- How are you managing your symptoms and keeping up with a toddler?  Survival mode. 

- Thoughts on how you plan to help your toddler understand what is happening? Mine are all pretty young. The oldest has had his own experiences already so I think he understands when I say new baby. 

R/R/Q:

- Bonus question! What is your toddler's favorite activity? Reading for sure.