3rd Trimester
Options

Zika Concern from Fiji Travel

Hi All, 

I've already talked to my doctor (who described this as low risk), and have a "just in case" ultrasound scheduled shortly, but wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has/had this concern. 

My husband and I went to Fiji at the end of December when I was 15 weeks pregnant.  Zika had not been reported there yet and was not on the CDC's list.  I just realized that Fiji was added about a month ago.  I have been loosing so much sleep over the possibility of contracting Zika and not knowing it.  I'm concerned because most people do not show symptoms, and just because cases weren't diagnosed in December, it does mean it did not exist. 

Please tell me I'm overreacting... 

Re: Zika Concern from Fiji Travel

• Options
    while i highly doubt that you have Zika, i would probably be just as concerned as you. it is a pretty scary thing. do your best to try & keep yourself calm until your US. 
  • Options
    Were you bit by a mosquito? If it were me, and I went and knew I did NOT get bit, I would be able to rest a LITTLE easier, but I'd probably still freak out some. 

Good luck with your test/scan though!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a relief: just had my ultrasound and he's measuring in the 88th percentile and growing.  Thanks for the support!  
  • Options
    I see you've had a good US. Great. I went to Aruba right before it got announced, as well. I got eaten alive. But none of the mosquitoes were the culprit carriers and her head was normal at my 28w scan. Even for the women living in those countries, the risk is still relatively low (of course, it could never be low enough!)
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga