December 2016 Moms
Options

TW - Pregnancy Anxiety After Previous Losses

I had an perfect first pregnancy with my daughter who is now 2. Since then I have had two losses. The first was found to be a blighted ovum after 6-7 week ultrasound only found an empty gestational sac and blood work confirmed a loss. The second was shaky to begin with, line on test, then no line, then line was back, numbers were very low but then increased quite a bit, at the same time progesterone was found to be low so started supplements. Finally went in for my first ultrasound and found out it was a complete molar pregnancy. I had to have a D&C and get HCG tested every few days for several months, followed by 6 months of waiting to try again.

Once our time was up, we tried again and conceived this time around. It was a clear positive on test at 11dpo, HCG 12dpo: 65, HCG 14dpo: 237. Brown spotting started on 4/21 and I was sure I was miscarrying so I called my OB. They said brown spotting is very common but to come get another HCG (which was 6,000). We had our first ultrasound yesterday and the OB had a lot of trouble locating the baby. He was able to find it after several minutes and we saw a flickering that he said looks like it's a heartbeat but the baby is tucked up too close to get a really clear view. He did try to measure and it said 6w3d if he really stretched it to the outer edges. So, overall everything was *fine* but I just wanted a clear everything looks great so far. I feel like this bit of uncertainty is causing me SO much anxiety. He said I can come in again next week and every following week if I'd like to just to calm my nerves. Next Monday can't come soon enough. Can anyone else relate to this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: TW - Pregnancy Anxiety After Previous Losses

• Options
    Welcome!  Please come join us in the PGAL (pregnant after a loss) weekly thread.  There are lots of us (newly pregnant after one or more previous losses) and we're all anxious and hopeful!  The thread might be a page or two back but that's where we're all hanging out.
  • Options
    Can't relate just wanted to send you some T&Ps. FX for a sticky baby. Keep us updated! 
    BabyFruit Ticker