TTC after 35
Options

RE - Test Results are good!

jennh75bjennh75b member
edited April 2016 in TTC after 35
Well, I am excited to learn that after all of the tests for myself and H this past month there are no issues.  I guess it's exciting in some respects that we are "healthy" but also still concerning.  I do think it does maybe point more to the issue of timing.  I discovered that I O much earlier than I thought, so we could have been starting too late, coupled with the fact that for many months H was not on board with how frequent we need to BD.  

The RE did offer us the option of trying Clomid and IUI to start, but to be honest she wasn't really trying to sell it to us too much, I guess considering there doesn't appear to be any issues with our results.  She did mention that my AMH level is good if we were to go for IVF.  She suggested figuring out what our plan is within this calendar year due to my age, I guess as far as whether we want to go the IVF route.  So I think that helped give H and I a guideline to decide on how long we will TTC in general.  

So our plan for now is to focus on timing - starting much earlier and to BD daily instead of every other day - the RE said it's fine daily since H's SA results were good.  I'm going to go in again this month to see when I'm ovulating, as last month when I went in they determined that I already O'd, so they want to try to pinpoint it more I suppose.  She also said we both could take COQ10 so we started that, and also for me to drink pomegranate juice daily which is supposed to help with the uterine lining.  We are now much more hopeful that we're moving in the right direction!!
Me: 41
Husband: 40
TTC#1 since 9/2014
Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally

Re: RE - Test Results are good!

• Options
    This is such exciting news, hoping for the best for you, and maybe the timing and frequency will be the trick? It sure sounds hopeful and I hadn't heard of the pomegranate juice before - I think I will buy some!
  • Options
    Lu19Lu19 member
    Thanks for sharing good news @Jennh75b! That's really exciting and a big step in the right direction. I think men tend to feel more anxious at the idea that their "swimmers" aren't up to par (which sometimes leads to shutting down at BD time) - now that he knows he's good, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to get more into TTC and BD'g. Super hopeful for you and thanks for interesting info on CoQ10 and pomegranate juice!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey thanks so much @Momifbysea and @Lu19!!!  I appreciate the good vibes!  @Lu19 - you have a good point about H maybe being less motivated that his swimmers weren't up to par.  I think he does have a new outlook on the whole thing now that we've gone through testing.  He was also kind of spoiling me yesterday after I told him about the HSG...I was definitely kind of milking it, too.  

They have directions on this sheet they gave me that I guess they give to people who are undergoing various fertility treatments...something about pineapples and then the thing about drinking pomegranate juice, so I figured the pomegranate juice was easy enough to try.  The pineapple thing was a little more involved although I do LOVE pineapple!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    What was the pineapple thing? I love pineapple so will take any excuse to nosh on one...
  • Options
    Here is what it says about the pineapple:  "take a pineapple and divide it into 5 sections including the core with equal amount of core.  Eat one fifth of the pineapple a day beginning on the day of transfer.  Pineapple contains Bromelin which is mostly concentrated in the core.  Bromelin is supposed to make the lining more sticky and promote implantation."

I didn't give it much thought because it talks about eating it on day of transfer and I have no idea when that would be since I'm not doing that.

Here are two other things they recommended on this paper they gave me in addition to the CoQ10 (200mg 3 times a day) saying these have been helpful for IVF patients.  10,000 IU of Vitamin D (5000 IU twice a day).  75 mg of DHEA (25 mg 3 times a day)
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing your RE's recommendations. Hadn't heard about pomegranate juice. I will have to get some! I think transfer would be equivalent to implantation if you're not doing ET. My RE has me on all of the supplements you list and I also take NAC. RE had me stop DHEA before I started stimming for IVF. I'm stocked up on Brazil nuts and pineapple (easier to drink core if you have a good blender).