Options

Tuesday Ticker Change 04.26.16

CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
edited April 2016 in October 2016 Moms
How many weeks?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments? 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

Do you have plans to do anything baby related this week?

GTKY: Do you want a big family or a small one? Is your choice different than the size you grew up with?  (stolen from Sunday's/Monday's... I swear I'll make up a GTKY one day, but today is not that day!)
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 04.26.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @scostel2 - Thank you! I'm so sorry you're having a rough time lately! I hate that term, too. Although apparently they use it with ANY amount of bleeding during pregnancy. Sending positive T&P your way! Keep us posted! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 thanks so much. I'm just hoping Thursday shows everything was fine and it was just a weird fluke!
  • Options
    @scostel2 Praying everything turns out well for you and baby, sending nothing but positive thoughts ur way! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @scostel2 thinking of you and praying Thursday comes quick with good news!

How many weeks? 14

How big is baby? Peach, lemon, muffin

Upcoming appointments? May 3rd for my 15/16wk appt

Rants/Raves/Questions: same rant, different week- (nervously!) waiting for the results from my CVS test

Do you have plans to do anything baby related this week? Nothing planned until I hear the outcome!

GTKY: Do you want a big family or a small one? Is your choice different than the size you grew up with? I'd say a small family- my husband only has one sibling and I have two. I'll start with one and see how it goes!  :D
  • Options
    @scostel2 Thinking about you and I hope Thursday comes quickly!

How many weeks?
    17 weeks, things are just chugging right along now!

How big is baby?
    About the size of a pomegranate. 

Upcoming appointments? 
    May 16th to get another look at the SCH, then a regular exam will be scheduled afterwards.

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Has anybody else's bump expanded full force? I feel like I'm suddenly growing out of control!

Nothing other than be pregnant haha

GTKY: Do you want a big family or a small one? Is your choice different than the size you grew up with?
    Well, initially I took the "whatever happens happens" approach, but now we're leaning on the big family side because that's what has "happened" haha This will be our Fourth, FI has a son from his previous marriage, I have a daughter from my previous marriage, we have a son together, another son on the way, and he decided he'd like to try again for a girl in a few years but stop after that regardless of the sex!
    I have 3 brothers, 2 sisters, 1 step-brother, and my little brothers' half brother that we've always considered all of our brother. So that's 7 from my side.
    FI has 6 brothers and 3 sisters and 1 step-brother. That's 10 on his side. 
    Our numbers actually pale in comparison to what we're used to haha
  • Options
    How many weeks?
    15 weeks

How big is baby?
    Size of an orange

Upcoming appointments? 
    Bloodwork and ob appt tomorrow 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I think I'm feeling flutters, but I'm not sure. How is anyone sure what they are feeling?

Nope, busy week Tuesday work.

GTKY: Do you want a big family or a small one? Is your choice different than the size you grew up with? 
    I grew up with a small family, just me and my sister. DH has an older brother and a younger sister. He's ok with just having one kid, I want at least two. We have to do IVF to have kids so I'm not sure how many times we would want to go through the process. We have two more embryos in the freezer  (first one stuck on the first try) so I would like to give those embryos a shot.
  • Options
    CaptainPhasmaCaptainPhasma member
    edited April 2016
    Too busy with work yesterday so here we go

How many weeks? 
    14 weeks

How big is baby? A peach, a troll doll, a house mouse... I feel like a peach is way bigger than a mouse though

Upcoming appointments? I'm right in between appointments, had one at 12 weeks, the next one isn't until 16, but I got an ultrasound at 12 weeks so I know the baby has a head, and the placenta is in a good place, so I feel less worried about everything.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I'm solidly in the 2nd trimester, but no cute bump, I just feel fat because I can't button my pants. I'm still nauseous but I haven't actually thrown up in a couple weeks, just feel full all the time.

Do you have plans to do anything baby related this week? Not really. Need to keep working on cleaning the house, and need to finish sending out wedding thank you notes before our 1 year anniversary next month or nobody is gonna give us any baby gifts.

GTKY: Do you want a big family or a small one? Is your choice different than the size you grew up with? I've always wanted like 5 kids. I was an only child until like age 5 when my parents divorced and my mom remarried and gave me 2 half-siblings and my dad married a woman with 3 kids so I went from only child to one of 6 within 3 years and I think it definitely made me a better person: less spoiled, funnier, better with people... siblings are awesome. We'll probably end up trying for 3 kids, as the reality wil probably be more overwhelming than my imagination.

• Options
    zuzu87 said:
    Rants/Raves/Questions:  I'm so obsessed with thinking of the perfect baby name for boy or girl, but SO keeps telling me he wants to wait until we find out the sex of the baby. I dont wanna wait! lets start talking names now!!!! lol

My husband is the same way, so annoying! I've been talking baby names for years before we got pregnant, but he won't seriously talk about it until he knows the gender.

• Options
    @CaptainPhasma omg so have I lol ! and yes it's very annoying, i feel like he's sucking the fun out of it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so bad at remembering to do these! Ok, here we go.

How many weeks?

How big is baby?
    According to my Bump app, we are an avocado this week!

Upcoming appointments?
    Had one last Friday, learned Sudafed makes my blood pressure high! I measured 142/96, so I had to go back today for a BP recheck. No Sudafed since Monday and I was 128/74. Good to know about the Sudafed! I will certainly use it sparingly from now on.

I have another check up scheduled for 5/25 and it's our gender scan day!!

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Nothing really at the moment, I don't think. I'm really just bummed about the Sudafed thing, because it's one of the only things I can take right now for this head cold!

Also, I've been steadily feel more and more movement; I just can't wait until DD and DH can feel it, too!

We moved DD a few weeks ago into another room, but her old room (which is going to be the baby's room) is still a hot mess. There's toys and books and dress up clothes we haven't moved yet, and I just feel so overwhelmed whenever I walk past it, so I keep putting it off. It needs done though, so ideally I'll start working with her for like 15 mins a day and I know we'd have it done in no time.

I never really thought about an exact number, but I knew I wanted more than one child. I have a feeling we'll stop at two, just because of finances and DH has some chronic health problems that make raising kiddos challenging.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    How many weeks: 14 
    Size; peach
    Appointments: gotta re schedule one for this next week
    No rants rave etc
    Baby related: just trying to decide how me and dh want to do a gender reveal
    Family size: we have always said large like nine but since im c sections every time we are thinking more like four or five we are on three now so too late to stick with small