Infertility
Options

TTC WITH PCOS AND COPE

HELLO LADIES ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE I've been on here cause I got to where I can't handle the fact that I can't control my pcos. Me and Dh had been seeing fertility spec and 1st treatment of femara failed. Second decision was IVF but our insurance started back over and the overall reached deductible was 4000 and there was no way we could reach that so we put that on hold and I started following a whole holistic approach of curing my pcos. I'm taking iodine pills as of now and so far they give me so much energy and facial hair had slowed down but overall it's still hard trying to concieve. BEEN trying 6 years and nothing is ever right I'm just tired and needed to vent, my hormones are out rageous and my birthday is on 2 days and all I do is cry cause I haven't conceive. My husband try to help with my situation but all I do is cry I feel less than a woman and I just need answers on how to cope with this issue

Re: TTC WITH PCOS AND COPE

• Options
    Kp214Kp214 member
    I am so sorry.  I know it's hard.  It seems like we wait for everything, and that is so hard.  This is such an emotional roller coaster.  It is ok to cry.  I know exactly how you feel, and it is ok to feel frustrated and cry.  Take some time for you.  It is ok.
    Me:32 DH:36
    Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
    DH: MFI
    TTC since 3/2014
    2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
    9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
    1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
    1/18/17: beta #1-104
    1/20/17: beta #2-174
    2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
    7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

• Options
    @Vaustin38 - As a fellow PCOSer, I can relate to how much this SUCKS!  

One thing that has helped me some is listening to the Beat Infertility podcast (https://beatinfertility.co/).  My DH actually listened to a few & enjoyed them as well.  

Deductibles are the worst, right?!  I had surgery in '13 & '15 then DH has surgery in '14... so we hit our deductible (and OOPM) three years in a row, and if we have to do IVF that'll make it four years... AND it's late enough in the year now that if I do get pregnant in '16, baby won't be born until '17 - yay, another deductible! 
    Me (31) & DH (31) - married 2008; TTC since 2013
    SA = normal; HSG = clear; history of DVT/PE
    Diagnosed with unexplained infertility
    IUI #1- April '16 - BFN 
    IUI #2 - May '16 - BFN
    IVF Fresh Xfer #1 (1 blastocyst) - Sept '16 - BFN
    FET #2 - 11/8/16 (2 blastocysts) - Beta on 11/18
    4 more blastocysts on ice
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi, dear Vaustin38! I'm so so sorry for what you're feeling. I know perfectly well how hard it is. I was diagnosed on PCOS and endo years ago. Since that time we'd been trying everything to conceive naturally. Our last option was lapo which was supposed to be useful in our case. (At least our previous doc told that..) But all we got was only left ovary scarring added to my DX. I felt really awful that time. I was not prepared for that sort of things and was a complete wreck for some time. It lasted so until my DH gave me an emotional push and told that was enough torturing my body. So looking for cheaper options we went oversees and applied for IVF in Ukrainian clinic Biotexcom where finally got the success.
    Brave lady Vaustin! I hope so much the story won't be so complicated for you. And that you just take time to decide what to do further. And also your emotions gain some piece. Try to get a good expert's point of view on what is going on with you and what you both can do to boost your odds. I'll be praying for you, hun! Wish you all the best of luck on the path :*

• Options
    @Vaustin38 infertility sucks and it sucks worse when things like finances get in the way, I wish insurance companies had to universally cover IF as it is a disease!!!! I have PCOS as well (lean form)  and even with IVF we have so far been unsuccessful in our journey.
    I agree with @kp214 that you should plan to take some time off for you- especially for your bday! Take a break, remember to live in the present and when you are ready jump back in.
    I also listen to the beatinfertility podcast- it is really helpful, but trigger warning as the founder is pregnant and occasionally mentions her pregnancy
    Best of luck to you!

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Options
    paigeedpaigeed member
    I'm so sorry you feel so blue. Have you ever tried blogging? Or reading IF blogs? I find it very helpful and makes me feel even more connected to a sisterhood of people also going through what I am. 
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone cycle
    Cancelled due to cysts. Started 3 weeks of BCP.
    4/16--Cute Ute! Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI+Progesterone TI.
    Cancelled-no response
    5/16--Hemmorhagic cyst and other cyst discovered.
    No medicated cycle. MRI scheduled to rule out
    septate uterus.
    6/16--Septum discovered. Consultation for surgery.
    Surprise BFP 6/8/16--EDD 2/13/17
    Kole David--1.7.17--Tiny but Mighty, born at 34+5 after HELLP syndrome
    Chart Stalk Me

• Options
    Honey, I'm so sorry for your situation. I know how it feels, I was in your hide a couple of years ago. You made the right thing you came here. Only women with same problem can truly understand and support. Tears can do nothing in our situation. You should start looking for solutions and don't waste time on sadness. I know it's hard! But you should keep fighting for your happiness! I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 30 yo. My husband and I were just making some analysis after we decided that we are ready to have kids. This diagnose sounded for us like the collapse of our dream to have a happy family. Unfortunately medical treatment gave no result. Not only we spent so much money on it, but also we put all our hope into this treatment. I remember how hard it was to move on and look for other ways out of that hell. Especially considering the fact that I was 45 yo already... We even thought to forget about kids and live as it is. But damn, it was just impossible for us! Having children is a meaning of ‘happiness’ both for me and my husband! So we decided not to put up with the situation. Thanks to my dh I got all my strength together and continue my fight with PCOS. We’ve talk to some doctors, made our own research, read some articles in the internet. The best solution for us was ivf with donor egg. We started our search for a clinic in Europe. Prices there are lower, that's why we decided to go abroad. We’ve found a couple of good clinics, 'explored’ each review and each website, where those clinics were mentioned. And of course official websites were learned by heart. So after the discussions, thinking through all pros and cons, we chose Ukrainian clinic. I’ve got pregnant from the first attempt. I gave birth to two beautiful kids, Daniel and Denis. So try to keep up your spirits, everything will be as you want it to be! I wish you good luck! Don't be sad and fight for your happiness)