May 2016 Moms

Mounting baby cam in nursery

missnc77missnc77 member
edited April 2016 in May 2016 Moms
We started to mount the baby cam yesterday but decided to hold off. It's recommended you put the baby mobile at the end of the crib so the baby has a better view, and I believe I read it's better to mount the camera so that the view is from the foot of the crib onward. I feel like the baby mobile blocks a clear view for the camera. It has a great zoom, so it's not a completely awful picture, but i thought I'd ask you ladies where you decided to mount your cameras.

Re: Mounting baby cam in nursery

• Just by how we decided to arrange the nursery, our mobile is on one side of the crib and we have the baby monitor on the bookshelf that is on the wall adjacent to the crib up at the top of the bookshelf so we have a perfect view of LO. Is there a way you can rearrange the crib/nursery so you have a better view?
  • @mrstmoose Not really - it's a small bedroom, but we haven't mounted the camera yet. We can put it up high at the "head" of the crib and probably get a good view.
  • Loading the player...
  • Because of how small our nursery is, the only place to put the camera to get a full picture of the crib is to wall mount it way above the very center of the crib.  We don't have a mobile.

Just an FYI, because I for some reason didn't think of this until friends mentioned it this weekend...be sure to hide/cover the wires for the camera so when baby figures out there are wires behind the crib he/she won't pull the camera down on themself.  Not sure why I didn't think of that sooner.