July 2015 Moms
Options

Pain Killers!

I am going insane with the amount of hip and back pain and the only thing that is safe is tylenol.......Shoot me that crap didn't work for me ever! Soooo anyone have any options I'm missing? I am on my feet and working at least 14 hours a day there is no changing that. I have nice shoes with good support. It's the hormones causing my hips to hate me. I have my own business and have 3 big events I have to be at coming up. I'm losing my mind.

Re: Pain Killers!

• Options
    I am so sorry!!! But did you try rubbing it, try Arnicare it's really good,  good for any pain. My husband is a mason and sometimes he comes home with all sorts of pain and that really works. You can get it from most drugstores 
  • Options
    I'll try it! I just got home from the chiro and I'm so sore nothing wanted to move....I am looking at acupuncture but it's pricey and time consuming so I'm still deciding on it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I guess my docs and pharmacists told me that hydrocodone was ok to take. I have a herniated disk that's causing nerve pain in my hip and leg to the point that I can barely walk. I've have shots in my back but they haven't worked. I only take the hydros at night so they're out of my system by the time LO needs to feed. I'm also in the process of stopping nursing song can take my painkillers. Maybe a steroid shot or stronger painkiller. 
  • Options
    It may not provide much more relief, but you can take Tylenol and Motrin together. They relieve pain in different ways and are suitable to administer to babies directly after 6 months old.
  • Options
    My doc said no motrin but I did try it because I was in so much pain, Neither work for me. I am now on weeks of little sleep because of pain. :( So my mood is going down hill fast
  • Options
    I have yet another call into the doctors, I am getting very frustrated since this has been nothing but hell. I do art shows and hauling in and set up is killing me! I'm at the point of getting depressed due to constant pain.
  • Options
    Get a second opinion!! Find a doctor that is better educated about breastfeeding. Contact your LLL chapter, ask them about pain medication recommendations, then ask them to recommend a doctor. 

So sorry that you are going through this!! There are plenty of meds that are safe while nursing. It is a shame that you haven't found support and a solution to your ailment. 

Keep us posted, Mama!! You are doing a great job!!!!