Pregnant after IF
Options

*1st Tri Check-in Week April 25th* New leader needed

tvh1982tvh1982 member
edited April 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below), any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate. 

QOTW: Any (weird) food cravings or food aversion? 

I'm getting close to my 2nd trimester, so hope any of you girls like to take over!

Congrats to all of the Mommies & Daddies to be:
@JustLilOMe  EDD 11/7/16
@STBMrsMiller EDD 11/10/16
@PhloriDaMom EDD 11/11/16
@tvh1982 EDD 11/11/16
@ZoeFer EDD 11/15/16
@alqizwik EDD 11/18/16
@rachd110 EDD 11/19/16
@mskeenan EDD 11/20/16
@PrayingMom2Be EDD 12/3/16
@capps42613 EDD 12/5/16
@erica0901 EDD 12/5/16
@kuposa17 EDD 12/7/16

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: *1st Tri Check-in Week April 25th* New leader needed

• Options
    Nothing new here.
    Had a few good days, but back at feeling horrible. Will see my doctor in a wee bit.
    On the two good days I actually craved food..my all time favourite was toasted bread with peanutbutter and ketchup :open_mouth: 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    Hi all, not much new here as well. I am 11 weeks today and I started to have nausea at night and in the morning. It started this weekend and I am hoping that it wont last too long. And I definitely have a bump now, my mom is in town and we did some shopping this weekend, it was fun. The problem is, I wanted to try some maternity clothes, but I could not find any :) I checked GAP, LOFT and H&M but they said they have only in certain stores. I bought some loose clothes. I have my NT scan and first trimester testing this Thursday, we are excited to see our LO again.
    @tvh1982 I am sorry that you feel worse again, I hope that you feel much better in your 2nd trimester. It is almost here !!
    QOTW: I do not have much craving, mostly salty food in general. The weird thing (also good for me) is that I lost my sweet tooth, I do not even feel like ice cream anymore. I can eat but doesnot give the same pleasure as before :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I woke up with terrible sciatic pain this morning. I nearly fell over! Waiting to hear back from RE. There is probably nothing I can do about it, but just making sure it's normal and that there isn't a chance that I could've nicked the nerve with my PIO injection. Anyone experience this before?
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    Thanx @zoefer. I'm back in the hospital and they'll put me on a new round of IV. 
    All will be well soon.

Sorry to hear your in pain @capps42613, no experience here I'm afraid.

• Options
    @tvh1982 poor girl! Can't believe your back in there. Prayers for a speedy recovery! RE is not concerned. He said its probably due to the inflammation caused by the PIO injections or my body changing. It'll resolve on its own, but I can't give anymore injections there. Ugh- only 6 more days of those shots.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    FX for you both @tvh1982 and @capps42613 that things get better! 

No dr appts for me this week. Had a terrible migraine all weekend and had to miss work AGAIN on Friday (for the 9th time since Jan). So, I decided to tell my boss I'm pregnant so that he would hopefully understand why I keep missing work. I was nervous, especially since it's so early (7 weeks) but he was really supportive. *whew*  I feel like pregnancy is treated like a "burden" in the US work culture instead of a normal human activity. At any rate, I'm grateful to have a slow-paced job where it doesn't really matter if I have pregnancy brain.

@Zoefer I've started buying maternity clothes online. As long as the stores have easy return shipping process, I find that way easier.

No food cravings, in fact, I don't want to eat anything at all, which is weird for me.
    me: 39  DH: 42
    TTC: since April 2014
    IUI #1-3 Jan-April 2015 (all BFNs)
    IVF #1 May/June 2015 - cancelled due to poor response
    IVF #2 July/Aug 2015 - BFN
    DE IVF #1 March 2016 - BFP
  • Options
    @tvh1982 and @capps42613 hope things get better soon! @ZoeFer hope your nausea subsides soon! 

AFM had my 2nd u/s today. There has been growth since last u/s, HB at 75 and baby is measuring a week behind. I tell y'all if it's not one thing it's another, I'll stop worrying once I hold my baby! RE did graduate me to OB that he recommended (2 that he trained) only because there is nothing different he will do so my first OB appt is scheduled for May 6th. I ask for all the prayers that LO continues to grow and get stronger! 
    EDD is now 12/07/16

QOTW: No cravings at all but definitely hungry 

Have a great week everyone! Short week this week and next, headed south to Dallas, TX for more New Years festivities! Which will make May 6th come faster!! 

• Options
    Thank you lovely ladies. I'm in good hands here. :smile: 

Uff migraine @kuposa17, that's the worse! Anything you can take to get through that? I wouldn't know how I would manage without my injection for migraine.

I've been told we'll never stop worrying about our LO, even when they are born, so we should just get used to it @prayingmom2be. Will keep your LO in my prayers! 

• Options
    Congratulations @griffin5413!!

• Options
    So sorry @tvh1982 ! I hope now that you are so close to the second tri you get to feeling better !! 

@kuposa17 I just recovered from a three day migraine that lasted from Saturday until this am . I missed work yesterday . Like you , I had to tell my boss earlier than I wanted to about the pregnancy . First it was morning sickness now it's migraines . Ugh it is terrible because there isn't much we can do . I ended up taking Benadryl to knock myself out so I could sleep through the pain . 

when I saw the doc for my migraine yesterday he told me I was really dehydrated and needed to drink a lot more water . Problem is water is one of my aversions . When I drink it , especially fast , i often throw up :( 

my current cravings are bagels with cream cheese and apple sauce with cinnamon . Super random . Nothing else sounds good to me at all . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    capps42613capps42613 member
    edited April 2016
    @Griffin5413 So happy to see you on this thread :smile: thanks a lot for the advice! If it persists I will definitely invest in one of those belts.

@mskeenan Boy, you and @tvh1982 can't catch a break :disappointed: Really hoping you feel better soon. I've also been having bagels with cream cheese lol
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    Hi everyone! @capps42613 @tvh1982 @ZoeFer hope you start feeling better soon!

As for me, I thought my nausea was starting to get better because I didn't feel sick at all yesterday or this morning. Boy was I wrong. When I sat down to eat dinner, my nausea hit me worse than I've felt before. So I just ate fruit. I've been eating a lot of fruit and carbs, which is probably why my sugar levels are elevated. I have to take the 3 hour glucose test tomorrow morning, which is really early. I'm only 10 weeks 3 days. Most women don't take the test 'til 28 weeks. I really hope I don't develop gestational diabetes. I'm not considered high risk. 
  • Options
    Thanks @Rachd110 , i hope your nausea gets better soon. Mine is on and off but luckily doesn't stop me eating. 
    I am curios why they decided to the take the 3 hour glucose test early for you? Bec of my pcos i had asked my ob to take the test early but he didnot do it yet. Good luck with the test, hope you get good results.
  • Options
    Hey ladies question ! I called my OB today to reschedule my first official OB visit . I told them that I had already had many ultrasounds at my RE . They said that I won't have an ultrasound until the anatomy scan . I don't know I was alarmed . I have no idea what to expect for my first OB visit . I know they will take vitals but will they give me confirmation that the baby's still doing ok ? I know I sound crazy and I need to relax I'm just so worried and feel I have become spoiled going to the RE and seeing the heart beat every week . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    Officially12 weeks. Having NT scan this Friday. Looking forward to seeing baby. Praying everything is well. Been having headaches due to TMJ. Hoping it will ease up for rest of pregnancy. I had the same issue with my first pregnancy. I am also getting nerve pain, luckily hubs is willing to give me a massage when I ask. Took my last progestone suppository today. Yay! I'm so happy about that. Passed my glucose fasting test and A1C test (diabetes run in my family). 

Whew! Now for the next hurdle to come.
    There's always something, isn't there? 

One day at a time. 

@mskeenan there should be NT scan and quad scan to check for chromosome abnormalities. And in between they use doppler to listen for heartbeat.
    2012 Diagnosis with high fsh, low ovarian reserve.
    34 years old at the time. 

July 2012 
    IUI #1 Clomid - BFN

August 2012
    IUI #2 Clomid - BFN

September 2012
    IUI #3 Clomid - BFN

October 2012
    IUI #4 Gonal-f injectables - BFP
    Baby son born in July 2013
  • Options
    Just got back from seeing the RE and I am measuring ahead still. I am going to change my EDD to 12/5 for now. I only have one more appointment next week with the RE and then I will be discharged to my OB. Definitely nervous/excited about this! 
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Options
    @mskeenan I guess the frequency of u/s really depends on the practice. Two different OBs I had called both wanted to schedule an u/s in my first visit before I see the doctor, even though I had two scans in RE. That was at around 9 weeks and then during the appointment, he suggested to get the NT scan which is done between 11-14 weeks. I am sure your doctor will discuss this in your appointment but you should be able to have the NT scan as a part of First trimester screening if you want to. I think after the NT scan, they will only listen to the heartbeat and they do physical exam to make sure the baby is okay until the anatomical scan. 
  • Options
    @ZoeFer so last week they did the one hour glucose test and my levels were elevated, so they are making me do the 3 hour test. Not sure why they decided to do the one hour test so early. Everyone else I know got it done way later. 

@mskeenan during your first OB appointment they will try to listen to heartbeat with fetal doppler. Don't be alarmed if they can't find it. Sometimes it can't be heard 'til 12 weeks. My midwife wasn't able to find my baby's heartbeat, but I have a doppler at home and listen to the heartbeat every couple days. You can also opt for the NT scan which checks for down syndrome and a couple other things. It's an ultrasound that measures the fluid in your baby's neck. It's done between 11-14 weeks. I have mine scheduled for next week. 

• Options
    @Rachd110 thanks for the answer. I hope your 3hr test gives better results. I am also scared of gestational diabetes because of my PCOS. RE had suggested that OB should get the 1hr glucose test early for me but OB only asked for fasting glucose at this point. It came back normal. I will ask again in our next appointment in two weeks.  
  • Options
    ZoeFerZoeFer member
    edited April 2016
    Congratulations @Drove2u !!! Very happy for you :)
    I can totally understand being cautious and I guess it is normal. I was not able to feel `too excited` or happy until this week. I know that it is much easier to say than do but please try not to worry about all the bad things could happen. I wish you a H&H 9 months !! 
  • Options
    Yay congrats @Drove2u so great to have you here!!! I totally get being cautious, I myself am still cautious and probably will feel this way until getting out of the first trimester. With that being said, I am still reminding myself that "today I am pregnant" and trying to enjoy every moment. Also, the weekly ultrasounds are a great reassurance for me!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Options
    Congrats @Drove2u! Great to see you here, I remember you from an iui board last fall. I know what you mean about being cautious. I'm 10 weeks, 5 days and still worried. I listen to my baby's heartbeat via fetal doppler every 2 days. Try to enjoy the fact that you are pregnant. Wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

• Options
    Thanks so much guys!! Yeah just hearing everyone say "be excited" I've been trying to change my way of thinking and now accepting that in pregnant and it COULD work out this time. I'm excited for my ultrasound next Friday. Meanwhile I will be traveling to upstate NY for a relaxing weekend and then Toronto for work. 
  • Options
    *lurking out of excitement*
    Congrats @Drove2u !!! So happy it finally worked for you! You ended up doing IVF, right? I wish you a H&H 9 months! You truly deserve it (not that other people don't, but you know what I mean). I'm happy that my first IUI cycle buddy finally got her BFP! 
  • Options
    Awww thanks @kidshrink hoping this one sticks. How are you doing?
  • Options
    Congratulations @drove2u! So excited.
    And no worries, the 'I still can't believe it, I should be excited' feeling will pass after a while and then it suddenly hits you that you are. 
    After the journey most of us had, it'll take a while as we trained ourselves to deal with BFN, and forgot about the BFP.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    ***Guilty of lurking***

Started to read through this board.  I "know" so many of you and I'm so happy for each of you that I literally sobbed through the board as I read it!

@tvh1982, @Rachd110, @PrayingMom2Be, @mskeenan & @Drove2u wishing you nothing but the best!  You and your LO's remain in my thoughts! So happy to see all of your pregnancies progressing well.  

For the rest of you on the board, good luck! 
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Thank you sweet pea @christinav2015.
    How are you doing?