November 2015 Moms
Options

Sleep Positions

Does anyone else have a LO that sleeps face down into their crib mattress? DS really got the hang of back to belly rolling about a week ago and started rolling over as soon as I put him in his crib. At first he would wake himself up rolling over, but now he does it in his sleep. When I try to adjust him he just moves back. It makes me so nervous.

Re: Sleep Positions

• Options
    My son has always slept on his belly. And that always made me a little nervous (but we literally tried everything to get him to sleep on his back to no avail). First off - if your son can roll both ways then he can get himself out of a situation if he's having trouble breathing.

But if you're still worried about it(like we were since LO couldn't roll yet when we started laying him on his belly), you can purchase a breathable mattress topper that lays on top of their regular mattress. We bought one and it has worked great - it creates a pocket of air between their face and the mattress so they can breathe even when completely face down

• Options
    Mine sleeps face down sometimes too, we mostly cosleep and I've woken up to him turning over and putting his face agains the mattress, he takes a couple shallow breaths, then pushes himself up and turns his face to the side.  Its nerve racking seeing him do that but I'm less nervous now that I know he's so strong. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    These pictures are too cute! Love sleeping babies! My son sleeps on his back, but has started moving all around at night and hitting the sides of the crib.
    I think as long as they can rollover, you should be fine with stomach sleeping.
  • Options
    My son has started doing that (he looks like @rubirubi89 's photo) except he ends up waking and crying because his arm is stuck and he still hasn't learned how to move it out from under him. My husband is worried but I'm not
  • Options

Either of these ways. He will always roll to his tummy and get mad and forgets that he can roll back over lol 
  • Options
    Always on tummy here too but agree with PP if he can roll it's fine. 
  • Options

Our little one rolls herself periodically. Sometimes she gets fussy about it, but usually just goes back to sleep.
    This is how she was at daycare one day.
  • Options
    Bridget prefers her side, but rolls all the way to her belly once she goes deeply asleep.  Her sister would only sleep on her belly with her knees tucked up under her and her butt in the air. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    I love that you ladies replied to my questions with adorable baby sleeping pictures. Anyone else want to share their little cuties sleeping? Lol
  • Options
    Rhys is a side sleeper, and often now he's a tummy sleeper. It made me nervous at first,but he sleeps so much better that way, and he always either ends up with his head propped on his hands or to the side.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    It's an old photo but this is how Isabel has always preferred to sleep: on her belly with her head to the side and her thumb in her mouth.

• Options
    He went from being a belly sleeper to a side sleeper!! 
  • Options
    Adorable, all of them. Most of my sleeping baby pictures as of late have been of him with his eyes still open. It's creepy.
  • Options
    Adorable, all of them. Most of my sleeping baby pictures as of late have been of him with his eyes still open. It's creepy.
    2 of my 3 brothers do that. It Is freaking weird! 
  • Options
    Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited April 2016
    My DD will not stay on her back for very long while she's awake, but stays put in the exact spot I put her down in when she goes down to sleep. She's still a poor sleeper, still waking 3-4x a night. I wonder if she actually did roll after she was put down to sleep, if she'd sleep better on her tummy. 

Ps love all these adorable pics!!
  • Options
    Ds sleeps on his back but he does rotate a lot! He sleeps in his PNP in our room and I will lay him with his head at the top and almost every time I check on him or he wakes up he's twisted a full 90 degrees. One night he had completely spun himself to where his feet were at the top of the bed. Really confused me when I went to pick him up haha
  • Options
    As soon as she figured out how to roll she turned into a left side or tummy sleeper 
  • Options
    bellie1223bellie1223 member
    edited May 2016
    We've been having major sleep issues lately so I've been trying Ferber, going in every five minutes to calm her when she wakes. The first time I went in tonight she turned on her side and passed out, been asleep like that for two hours! She can roll and I know a lot of you ladies say your babies sleep on tummies and sides, but I'm glued to the monitor, totally freaked out that she's not on her back!!