Not knowing what to eat — The Bump
1st Trimester

Not knowing what to eat

Does anyone has any tips on what to eat when nauseous all day ? I'm afraid if I eat certain things it'll make me throw it up later. I don't be wanting to eat half the time because when I throw up its really bad.

Re: Not knowing what to eat

• small amounts of carbs, crackers w peanut butter, challah, a little bit of noodles all worked for me 
  • Try small amounts of food when you can eat. Bland food helped me personally but I know it is different for everyone. Eat when hungry even if it is just a little bit. Also talk to your dr mine had me do a combination of unisom and B6 and it helped me a lot other use stronger medicine.

Make sure you are staying hydrated. I know it can be hard being sick but hang in there you can do this!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had to stay away from acidic foods/drinks. Orange juice was something I found out I could not have early on. 
  • I survived on bagels with peanut butter,
    banana bread and McDonald's French fries.  Lemonade was basically the only drink I could keep down.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • I ate plain donuts for awhile with crackers. I've been taking baby steps into real food again and agree that bland food is best. My doctor says I need to eat and if McDonald's chicken nuggets are all I can stomach than by all means eat the nuggets!