October 2015 Moms
Options

Sleep training FOR THE WIN!!!

FatPonyFatPony member
edited April 2016 in October 2015 Moms
We started sleep training a few days ago - basically taking away his soother. It's going okay, he seems to settle well and last night he had an 8 hour stretch, bottle, then another 3 hours :smiley: 

Then we had a huge breakthrough at naptime today. He's still learning to nap in his crib (because we're usually out on the go), so I let him have his soother to nap. He slept for 40 mins, then woke up. I thought he was done, but he SETTLED HIMSELF and went back to sleep. He's going on 1.5 hrs of napping!!! This is a big moment for me, just wanted to shout it to the world. 

Re: Sleep training FOR THE WIN!!!

• Options
    Congrats momma !!
    Hope you catch some rest !
  • Options
    Yes!!! <happy dance for you!!>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Such a milestone IS worth bragging about! Yay!
  • Options
    I am still working on getting my son to sleep through the night even if for just 4 hours lol! Please share your sleep training tips if you don't mind. My son will not take a pacifier but he comfort nurses since we cosleep.  So I guess I am the pacifier sigh
  • Options
    I have a stupid question about cosleeping..mainly because we dont do it. Just not for us. But how do you put LO to bed and then get things done? Or do you go to bed when LO does? 
    Just curious about other mamas methods..
  • Options
    @amyadd - I Pm'd you. 

My friend emailed me a sleep training book. I can forward it on, if anyone would like
  • Options
    I also have a book, the sleep easy solution if anyone would like it. Its a good read and although we didnt follow it exactly it helped me understand babies sleep patterns. 
  • Options
    LO sleeps really well at night now, which is wonderful, but nap time is so much harder for some reason!  We're often on the go, too, and it's hard to find a dedicated couple of days to work on sleep training for nap time.  Last weekend did not go so well!  What a victory, good for you!!!