1st Trimester

What are your cravings!

I just had a craving for lemon and pickled gherkins. Luckily i had a lemon but no gherkins so will have to wait till tomorrow and is it ok to have a pint of guiness in early pregnancy if its just the one.

Re: What are your cravings!

• if Guinness is worth your baby's future then go for it. 
  • ionabetts said:
    I just had a craving for lemon and pickled gherkins. Luckily i had a lemon but no gherkins so will have to wait till tomorrow and is it ok to have a pint of guiness in early pregnancy if its just the one.
    No.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope nope nope. 

LFAF: OG!

LFAF Winter Awards:

LFAFer you most want to get a cup of coffee with - Best Smile - Most Adorable Pet - Cooler Than You - Most Fiery Bumpie - IF Warrior - Most Perseverance - So Fetch - Only Has Eyes for Taco - 

Most likely to have her own talk show - Most LFAF Spirit - Coolest Girl Next Door

• Get some non-alcoholic beer like O'douls. I actually think it's pretty good. less calories, too.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I was also craving lemons 2 days ago.  I got some lemon gelato.  Mmmm.
  • I think the guiness is a bad idea. Lemon gelato sounds nice.
  • I actually know Guinness is good for breast milk production, but I'd have to image that's for after the baby is born.  At the very least, I'd wait til the 3rd trimester.  
  • Grilled cheese 
  • Just wait or find a non alcoholic alternative. 1st tri is not the time to be drinking. Fetal alcohol is syndrome is a real thing and it's not worth it to put your child at risk. Wait or don't do it at all 
  • I held off on alcohol for the first trimester. During the second, I allowed myself a sip (and by a SIP I mean literally a taste) of beer or a mini mimosa (1/2 a split bottle) maybe once or twice a month. I had asked my dr for her opinion and she said professionally, the answer is no. Personally, she said, as long as it's not a regular occurring thing, it was fine as long as my DH and I understand the risks. Now that I'm in third tri, I have no desire for any alcohol as it makes my skin break out a little bit. Just make good choices. A SIP of Guinness every now and then isn't bad, as long as YOU understand the risks you're taking. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker