3rd Trimester
Options

One leg more swollen than the other...39 weeks

I will be 39 weeks on Wednesday & my right leg, foot, & ankle is substantially more swollen than my left which is also somewhat swollen. It doesn't hurt and is not red or anything. Does this seem normal? I see my doctor for my weekly appt on Thursday. Is there any reason to call them about it before then?

Re: One leg more swollen than the other...39 weeks

• Options
    I've been told this is completely normal and is due to the baby favoring one side and restricting blood flow more on that side than the other side. I wouldn't worry, just bring it up at your next appointment.

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Your concern would be a blood clot, which is nothing to mess with. But you'd have redness and pain in addition to the swelling. If you're concerned call your doctor. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What @Ceridwen77 said. This actually happened to me during my 2nd pregnancy. It ended up being because of the way baby was laying.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm also 39 weeks tomorrow and my right foot is slightly more puffy than my left. This also happened during my last pregnancy. I would mention at your next appt but i imagine they will tell you unless there's pain and redness it's totally normal. :)