August 2016 Moms

PGAL Check-in 4/18

I'm a little slow today, sorry!

Weeks:

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to):

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

Questions?

GTKY: What are your favourite outdoor activities?  (Yes, drinking wine (when not KU!) on a patio counts as an activity)

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016

Re: PGAL Check-in 4/18

• Weeks: 21w1d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): Repeat u/s on Apr 28 - apparently the tech didn't record how far away my placenta is from my cervix, which the midwives need to know.  I don't mind an extra opportunity to see baby!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Positive vibes to all!  I am still having a lot of pelvic pain and it is limiting some of my activities. :(  On a positive note, feeling increasing amounts of movement! 

GTKY: What are your favourite outdoor activities? Definitely wine on a patio or wine-tasting when not pregnant.  I like biking and playing on the beach or in a lake too.  Because this pregnancy is limiting my movement so much, probably just sitting outside with friends or reading a book would be my top choice.

• Weeks: 24w2d
    (I'm starting to go by LMP instead of my assumed O-date since baby is measuring ahead)

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): I have my 24 week appointment tomorrow and I'm a little confused as to when I do the diabetes test. I think I remember them telling me that they'll give me the orange drink at the 24 week appointment just to have, but that I won't actually drink it until the morning of my 28 week appointment? DH and MIL both said that didn't sound right, so now I'm not sure!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: We're all finally approaching (or just passed) the 'viability' mark! So, yay for that!

Questions?

GTKY: What are your favourite outdoor activities?
    Lately we've been grilling a lot, so that has been fun! Drawing with sidewalk chalk with the kiddos, going to the lake just to walk around, and taking the kids to the park are a few of my favorites. 
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Loading the player...
  • Weeks: 23w3d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): Had my appt last week and a follow up to my anatomy scan - all looked good! Next appt is in 3 weeks.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I have my procedure this week to remove the lump in my breast. I'm a little nervous about it, but glad to be getting it done now. I'm just not sure how I'm going to avoid lifting DS for 2 days after...that should be interesting.

Questions? I've been trying to exercise a bit more recently. I've mostly been doing the elliptical, but I ran a little the other day and I felt so much pressure in my pelvis! I've been a runner for a long time, but only periodically since getting pregnant. Anyone who runs regularly while pregnant...does this happen to you? I'm going to lay off of it for a little while, but I just wanted to see if this was something others have experienced.

GTKY: What are your favourite outdoor activities?  (Yes, drinking wine (when not KU!) on a patio counts as an activity)
    Ahh drinking wine on the porch is my FAVORITE outdoor activity, god I miss that. Otherwise, I love going to the beach, or taking a walk in the evening. This weekend was beautiful where I live, so DH and I took DS for a walk by the beach on Sunday morning and it was so lovely. It makes me incredibly excited for the summer.

• @Bookhousegirl Good luck this week!  FX for a smooth procedure and easy recovery.  Our weekend was beautiful too.  I just love warm weather!

• Weeks: 22w3d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): 24 week appointment on the 29th, cannot wait, this will be my glucose test as well and I am nervous I won't keep the drink down well enough to complete the test as I am still getting sick pretty frequently.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I get a strange pain on my left side even when walking, but I am trying to stay active and get my exercise in so hoping it is just ligament pain. Feeling tons of movement, even while sitting still at times, I can see my belly moving quickly enough that I assume it is the heartbeat???

Questions? Grouped into above

GTKY: What are your favourite outdoor activities?  (Yes, drinking wine (when not KU!) on a patio counts as an activity) I love skiing and riding my motorcycle, though I have been too freaked out to do either while PG, but totally willing to make the sacrifice :)
  • Weeks: 22

Viability in two weeks and next appointment with glucose test on May 6. 

Feeling pretty good, though my stomach muscles feel sooo tight. Belly button is popping out and is very sensitive. 

Questions?

GTKY: What are your favourite outdoor activities?  (Yes, drinking wine (when not KU!) on a patio counts as an activity)
    Besides drinking wine on a patio, I love snowboarding in the winter and wake boarding/spending time on our boat in the summer. 
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Weeks: 23

What's next: My 24 week appointment next Tuesday. It's just to hear the heartbeat but it'll be good to hear it.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I calmed down a good bit after my anatomy scan but then starting last week I've been worrying for no reason again. I've been having a lot of pelvic pain and abdominal pain and I always automatically imagine the worse. And even though they checked my cervix during the abdominal ultrasound for the anatomy scan and it looked fine I've started worrying about that again. I guess because of people's stories about how it'll be fine one day then not the next. I really wish I could just relax and enjoy this pregnancy.

Questions: Nope

GTKY: My favorite outdoor activity is riding horses, but I haven't been able to do that in a long time. Once DH and I move back to our hometown area after giving birth, I plan on riding again. I'll be back near the barn I rode at in high school and they always need exercise riders.
  • 23 weeks! 

Up next is my GD test.  Thankful I haven't had to take it yet, but still dreading it. 

Rant - DH wont help me discuss names.  He's just waiting for the right name to pop up. 

Questions - I'm going to try belly wrapping with my moby.  Anyone tried for support?  

GTKY - I think by next month I'm going to have to just stay indoors due to the heat. 

• @ThisisNumber3 MH is the same way and it's infuriating. He was the same way with naming DS1 too. He shoots down every name I throw out there, but doesn't come up with any of his own ideas. So unproductive. 

The good news is, with DS1 he finally agreed we could just go with my favorite (as we were walking around the hospital in labor). I told him this weekend what my favorite name was and said we were doing that again unless he could come up with any ideas. 

Just keep swimming.

• Weeks:  21w 4d

What's next? (milestones, appointments, something you are looking forward to): Viability!!  I feel her moving all the time and I LOVE IT. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: we are slowly working on the nursery. We are converting a spare bedroom that was 'catch all" room so this is a slow process. I am really enjoying seeing it all come together. Sending out positive vibes to everyone. I love sharing with all of you. 

Questions? Anyone on IG? I'm not on Facebook so I won't be joining the group. 

GTKY: What are your favourite outdoor activities?  (Yes, drinking wine (when not KU!) on a patio counts as an activity) I love drinking by our pool with friends and neighbors. I love playing golf with my DH and skiing. 

@Bookhousegirl best of luck with everything. I wish you a speedy recovery. 
  • @Katienu I'm on IG - my profile name is braincake.  It is mostly pictures of my daughter (and sometimes me), but you're welcome to follow!  I'll follow back if you give me your profile name.

• Weeks: 22 weeks 5 days 

What's next? Since I have hypothyroidism, we get an extra scan to check growth. That is next Thursday. I am excited for it! 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: feeling JJ kick more and more. I love it! 

Questions? How far along is everyone with their nurserys? 

GTKY: What are your favourite outdoor activities? probabmy eating crawfish and drinking some beer! 
    34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.
  • bananers said:
    @ThisisNumber3 MH is the same way and it's infuriating. He was the same way with naming DS1 too. He shoots down every name I throw out there, but doesn't come up with any of his own ideas. So unproductive. 

The good news is, with DS1 he finally agreed we could just go with my favorite (as we were walking around the hospital in labor). I told him this weekend what my favorite name was and said we were doing that again unless he could come up with any ideas. 
    I agree @bananers I'm hoping he will just eventually give in and go with one of my top 3 choices. 

• @Katienu I'm on IG - my profile name is braincake.  It is mostly pictures of my daughter (and sometimes me), but you're welcome to follow!  I'll follow back if you give me your profile name.
    I just sent a request! My profile name is the same as here @Katienu
    my pics are of my daughter too!  I'm not that creatives!
  • Weeks:
    23w1d

Viability! Sunday can't come soon enough! Next appointment is in a week. This week is going to drag on. 

I'm starting to really freak myself out with the pressure/discomfort, and back pain. Why won't this PGAL brain go away?!?!

Questions?

GTKY: What are your favourite outdoor activities?
    Snowboarding, taking DS to the park, and driving out in the country. 

@Bookhousegirl good luck! I had a lump removed a few years ago. I couldn't imagine having a kid with those restrictions. I worked in a daycare and took a week off. Unfortunately, mom's can't do that. 

@Katienu I'm not on facebook, either. Just IG - ashley8188. 
  • @lgem4 I don't know about the tongue thing, but this LO has his hands up by his face for every scan and the MFM wasn't concerned at all. She said it's probably just his preference. I hope you get some positive feedback from the MFM soon, but if Google doesn't give you awful, scary answers then I would say it's probably nothing! I feel like Google is always a list of worst case scenarios!

• @Bookhousegirl hey, we'll be thinking of ya! Hope all goes well!! 

@lgem4 at every scan, we find our peanut with her hand over her head. When tech switches to a 3D image, she's frowning most of the time with her eyes closed. At our last scan, she had her knees touching her face with her butt raised all the way up. Her feet were over her head & she just...stayed in that position for a while. Tech was shaking my belly so she can be measured appropriately.

(I have low papp-a which is why I get these anatomy scans done every 4-6 wks even after my 20th wk mark).
  • @lgem4 My DD had her hands near her face at every ultrasound until the very end.  Completely healthy, normal delivery and newborn-- she just liked having her hands there (and hated being swaddled from day 1!)

• @lgem4 Glad things looked good! I also bet the tongue thing is probably nothing. Both times I had a scan he had his ankles crossed and was lounging back and hiding his face--they probably just pick up habits.

@Bookhousegirl Hope it goes well and recovery is smooth (or at least as easy as possible).

@ThisisNumber3 @bananers   My DH was being the same way. I told him he had to come up with a list and not just shoot down my name. He then proceeded to pick names I couldn't even pronounce by looking at them. I pointed that out and then also told him he needed to say them out loud (with and without full name). We casually shared some top names choices too with a few friends and they were saying what good choices they were. All of a sudden he's been quiet so I asked him this week and he says he's coming around to my top pick!  It just "hit him" that it was a good choice--ha! But he's not ready for 100% commitment yet. I'm thinking he won't think about it too much more though.

@misdidonato I don't have anything done yet. Still have to clean up the space/ sell off other furniture, buy the things I want, etc. I'm not planning to have one of those super put together nurseries so it will be fine.

Weeks:
    24w1d, missed this post

Having the hospital tour on Monday evening--I'm excited to check it out! Then just the 28 week appointment next month.

I'm starting to feel really large walking around lately (pressure and such). Loving feeling the movement though.

Reading on my lounge chair in the sun, picnicking, u-pick fruits, hiking/camping.

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • LOL @ramoseecology! DH "came around" to my top pick the first time and I'm not-so-secretly hoping the same thing happens this time!

Just keep swimming.
  • @lgem4 I've had two large babies and never heard of this. I think I will have growth scans at 30-34 weeks. 

@bananers

• Thank you all for the well-wishes! I had the procedure yesterday and all went well. My mom came and took care of me (and did my laundry and cleaned my house :) ) for the day and DH was home today so I didn't have to worry about lifting DS. I'm just feeling sore, but glad it's over! I get the pathology back on May 2nd so fx everything continues to come back benign. 
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Happy that all went well
  • @Bookhousegirl I'm glad your procedure went well! And I hope everything comes back benign. I had a breast lump last year and didn't have it removed, but got a biopsy on it. It was benign but the weeklong wait to find out was hard!

@lgem4 I hope everything is all right with your baby! I agree with you and wish doctors would keep things to themselves when they're unsure. We definitely don't need the added stress. I thought it was funny during my scan my baby didn't have her hands by her face, but her feet were always there! Every time they tried to get a good profile shot she would grab her leg and pull it up so that her foot was in her face. Didn't matter what angle the tech tried she would just shove her foot in our face. DH and I actually loved it and we have a really cute photo of her foot.