Bleeding and freaking out — The Bump
1st Trimester

Bleeding and freaking out

This is my first post ever, so I apologize in advance if I break any rules. After three long years of trying to get pregnant, on April 13 my husband and I found out we are finally pregnant. Before I took a test I thought I had started my period, I had very dark brown/black spotting, then lighter brown, but then it stopped, so I took a test and sure enough it was positive! I went to the dr, they did a blood test on Thursday and my beta was 78. I had another blood test on saturday and I'm awaiting those results. Tonight when I wiped there was pink spotting with a red clot in it. Im FREAKING out. Someone please let me know if this has happened to you and if the baby was OK. 

Re: Bleeding and freaking out

• Yes some people have spotting and things are okay and for others it isn't. I'm so sorry you are going through the uncertainty of this it can be scary and heart wrenching. Unfortunately no one can tell you if you will be okay or not but know we are all thinking, praying and sending you all lots of good thoughts. Fingers crossed everything is okay. You could call your dr in the morning as they may put you on pelvic rest until the spotting stops. 
  • Spotting can be normal. I spotted all my of first tri with my current pregnancy (delivering today) but I have also experienced an MC. Bleeding was very different. I was put on bedrest all of first tri and said my cervix was very friable. I was also on progesterone. Might be good to get that checked if you haven't already. Progesterone will help support a pregnancy but not prevent an MC. It could be something but it could be nothing. Hang in there, stay positive, and congrats! Wish you the best!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for the replies. I didn't sleep a wink last night and my anxiety is through the roof. I'm waiting on a call back from my doctor right  now. We've waited SO long to get pregnant so I want to do everything in my power to make this baby stick. My mind automatically goes to worst case scenario and I am FREAKING OUT! 
  • (I'm not currently pregnant, just lurking in various forums.)

I completely understand where you're coming from. After my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, I got pregnant again the next month. I experience bright red spotting and freaked out- calling my doctor in hysterics. Turns out, it was completely normal, and I went on to have a wonderfully uneventful pregnancy and a beautiful baby boy! It's easier said than done, but try not to automatically assume the worst. I wish you the best, and hope you have a healthy pregnancy!
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• I spotted (sometimed quite heavily) for 9 days from week 6 based on my lmp. I now have a healthy 7 week old daughter. I cant say weather it will turn out fine for you, but maybe it will bring you some comfort that sometimes it IS fine ; ) good luck!