August 2015 Moms

Genetics revisited!

A lifetime ago (or at least what feels like it) there was a board talking about what traits we hoped our LOs would get from mom and dad. I thought it would be fun to hear how it turned out.  What features does LO have from each parent?

I think DD has my eye shape and face shape, although most people see nothing but DH in her.  She definitely got DHs bright blue eyes which I LOVE!! Unfortunately, she also got his toenails....

Re: Genetics revisited!

• I had hoped my son would have my skin tone  and daddy's eye color. So far he has my skin and eyes and daddy's hair. 
  • So far my son is my mini me.  He looks almost identical to what I looked like at his age except his eyes are much more blue.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't really make any predictions about DD when I was pregnant other than dark hair and possibly dark eyes. DH and I both have dark hair and he has brown eyes and I have hazel (green and brown) eyes. 

So far she has ended up with dark hair that is actually lighter than both DH's and mine but DH had light brown hair as a child. She has blue eyes which I don't think are going to change anymore. They were actually a dark blue at birth and have lightened up. She has DH's eye shape though and his feet. 
  • Out of the 3 kids,  LO is my twin. His curly hair, chubby cheeks,  smile,  facial structure,  facial expressions.  I could be arrested for kidnapping the other two, being they are splitting images of their father
  • I assumed that LO would look exactly like his dad because he has dark here, brown eyes, natural tan and I have red hair, hazel eyes and fair skin. LO looks more like me but with some of his dad's features like the natural tan, dark hair and his head shape. It's pretty interesting how things happen that way.I think when LO is older, he will look more like daddy.
  • I assumed Baby Girl would look more like her daddy than me. He's Hispanic so I thought for sure his genes would dominate mine. She actually looks exactly like me except she has his widows peak, his dimples, and his incredibly long eyelashes. She's my very fair skin tone, light brown hair, and blue eyes that look exactly like my grandmothers (DH and I are green eyed). She got my ears too, poor thing lol. 
  • L is a red headed version of his dad. Large forehead, very thick tall build, short thick fingers. His personality is looking more similar to mine. Also his expressions are very close to mine.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• He has FI's noggin shape, and we are pretty sure his build is definitely daddy's. He has his feet, his hands, but he has MY eyes and facial structure, so he's basically just his dad and I face swapped haha
  • mrsb30mrsb30 member
    I don't remember making predictions but my baby girl is a spitting image of her dad! Both my husband and I have olive complexion, she has our skin tone, Brown hair and brown eyes just like my husband, she has my nose though ;) it's crazy to think that this time last year I was dreaming about what she would look like and then when I saw her for the first time it was like I always knew that's what she would look like.
  • With me ds1 is a clone of me with dhs mouth.  Ds2 seems to be a good mix .  He has my eyes, and nose but so far the rest is all dh.  

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker