Babies on the Brain
Options

Introduction!

Hello, all!

I'm a 29 year old teacher. I'm one of the crazy ones who spends her days with 8th graders all day long! My husband and I got married in July 2014 and are preparing for TTC our first child. The "plan" is to officially start trying in July around our anniversary. We are actually going back to our honeymoon location, Punta Cana this July to sort of kick off the baby making festivities. Ideally, I'd love to be due around Spring Break next school year, but I'm being cautiously optimistic that notion.

Unfortunately, if things don't work out for us in the first 3-4 months of TTC, I will probably go back on the pill and wait for better timing. The idea of missing the first quarter of school and coming in part way through the school year is too nauseating for my control freak mind! I would be okay with starting the school year and leaving at Christmas break, Spring Break, etc. though if things work out that way though. I'm sure this sounds naive or even selfish, but attempting to plan a pregnancy around work is one of the realities of teacher life.

My husband and I have been working hard to pay off some lingering credit card debt, doing slight remodels and updates to our home that we purchased last year, and have been taking lots of mini-trips this year while we still have the freedom to do so. I've really enjoyed this "Treat Yo' Self" year we've been having, but I'm definitely looking forward to starting this new adventure together.

As far as preparing my body, I've been working on losing some weight. I'm down about 15 pounds and would love to lose another 10-15 by July. I started taking pre-natal vitamins in February and this is my last month of BC.

Then, it's just the waiting game until July! Waiting is definitely getting more difficult, but I definitely don't want to be pregnant before our July vacation.

Re: Introduction!

• Options
    Welcome!
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Welcome! I'm a teacher, too! Planning for the right birth month is so stressful! Best of luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! We start in July as well! Waiting is definitely getting harder the closer it gets. 

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker