March 2016 Moms
Options

*lurking from May* placenta encapsulation experience

Hi! I am due with DD3 in May and am planning on having my placenta encapsulated for the first time. I realize most info on this is anecdotal and not backed by science so I wanted to see if any of you who have already delivered chose to do this and how is it working for you? TIA!

Re: *lurking from May* placenta encapsulation experience

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    Hi! I am due with DD3 in May and am planning on having my placenta encapsulated for the first time. I realize most info on this is anecdotal and not backed by science so I wanted to see if any of you who have already delivered chose to do this and how is it working for you? TIA!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What she said. You can search, but there has not been much support for that on this board. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha! Thanks guys! I did a search before I posted, so that would explain.
  • Options
    I can give you my experience so far. I had my placenta encapsulated and chose the raw encapsulation. They gave me steamed or raw as options. It took a couple days after they received the placenta before my pills were ready. The first day after delivery I think I was still high on endorphins and just elated from the birth, because I felt amazing. A few days went by and I was still feeling great. Was wiped out exhausted but happy. I received my pills around day 4 postpartum, but my milk had come in and severely engorged my breasts so I didn't want to take the capsules in their recommended doses (1-3 caps twice a day) because they are known to increase milk supply. I thought that was the last thing I needed, so I started off only taking 1 pill a day. But then my hormones noticeably crashed because around day 6 postpartum I started to get depressed and really negative and started crying all the time. Thankfully the engorgement had gone down and my supply had gone down quite a bit (to the point that now I was worried about lack of supply). So I increased my dosage to 2 pills twice daily. Withing a day I was feeling better and two days later I was back to feeling emotionally stable. Now I've kept that dosage the same for the past week or more (I've totally lost track of time) and I feel great again. And my milk supply went back up to a good level after increasing the dosage. So I highly recommend placenta encapsulation. Our theory before the birth was that we'd rather have them in case I felt I needed them and in case they ended up being useful, instead of not having them as an option and turning out to need some help. But that's just been my experience. As a first time mom I don't have two experiences to compare between, but I feel that the placenta pills have helped considerably. 
  • Options
    I can give you my experience so far. I had my placenta encapsulated and chose the raw encapsulation. They gave me steamed or raw as options. It took a couple days after they received the placenta before my pills were ready. The first day after delivery I think I was still high on endorphins and just elated from the birth, because I felt amazing. A few days went by and I was still feeling great. Was wiped out exhausted but happy. I received my pills around day 4 postpartum, but my milk had come in and severely engorged my breasts so I didn't want to take the capsules in their recommended doses (1-3 caps twice a day) because they are known to increase milk supply. I thought that was the last thing I needed, so I started off only taking 1 pill a day. But then my hormones noticeably crashed because around day 6 postpartum I started to get depressed and really negative and started crying all the time. Thankfully the engorgement had gone down and my supply had gone down quite a bit (to the point that now I was worried about lack of supply). So I increased my dosage to 2 pills twice daily. Withing a day I was feeling better and two days later I was back to feeling emotionally stable. Now I've kept that dosage the same for the past week or more (I've totally lost track of time) and I feel great again. And my milk supply went back up to a good level after increasing the dosage. So I highly recommend placenta encapsulation. Our theory before the birth was that we'd rather have them in case I felt I needed them and in case they ended up being useful, instead of not having them as an option and turning out to need some help. But that's just been my experience. As a first time mom I don't have two experiences to compare between, but I feel that the placenta pills have helped considerably. 
    Thank you for sharing! I had severe ppd after my first 2 daughters, which is why I am interested in having my placenta encapsulated. I'm glad to hear it is working for you!
  • Options
    I'm my experience days I don't take two pills like recommend I feel really down and exhausted and if I take it like recommend I have more energy and the smallest thing won't make me cry.