Baby Names

Middle name for Lucia? New first name?

Baby girl is coming soon and we are at a complete loss for middle names, and just barely set on the first name. Lucia (pronounced the Spanish way with an /s/) is the first name we have agreed on. Suggestions for middle names? Ruth (my grandmother) was a brief option. Others that were tossed around but vetoed (or are still possibilities?): 

Belle
Caroline 
Luna 
Lu
Mabel
Hazel
Magnolia 
Willow
Pearl
Rae
Joy

The meaning of Lucia is light, so the hippy part of me wants something to compliment the meaning (e.g. "Moon" for Luna). DD1 is Elena Leigh ("Light" "Field" or... Field of light). But it's obviously not a requirement. 

We are also still open to first name suggestions. Lucia and Elena (nn Ellie) seem to flow well together (possibly Lucy and Ellie if that's the way it goes). Other possibilities were: Sylvia, Nina, Mila (or Camila). 

Any suggestions are welcomed! TIA!

Re: Middle name for Lucia? New first name?

• My daughter is Lucy do I'm partial to that name! We call her Lu and it's a perfect nickname. Lucy Ruth is adorable. And if we ever have another daughter my #1 choice is Elena, so I also think those goes really well together. 

I also loved the name Fiona. 
  • I like Lucia Ruth.

Lucia Willow 
    Lucia Claire 
    Lucia Jane
    Lucia Diane
    Lucia Margot
  • Loading the player...
  • I really liked Lucia Claire and Lucia Jane too! But those are DH's SIL (aka the devil) and his stepmothers name so they are most definitely out. Nice rec's though! 
  • I like Lucia Joy the most of those. I don't think it sounds good with those other L names.
  • Lucia Ruth is very sweet. I also like Lucia Rae, Lucia Joy, Lucia Belle, and Lucia Pearl from your list. The L mn just doesn't flow well to me.
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    I love Lucia Pearl from your list, I think it's beautiful and flows so well.

Lucia Noelle 
    Lucia Violet 
    Lucia Maeve
    Lucia Kay
    Lucia Jane 
    Lucia Mae
    Lucia Renee 
    Lucia Camille 
    Lucia Faith
    Lucia Quinn 
    Lucia Claire 
    Lucia Ivy 
    Lucia Frances
    Lucia Adele 
  • Lucia Grace
    Lucia Hope
    Lucia Faithf
    Lucia Joy
    Lucia Dawn (light of dawn) 
    Lucia Estelle (starlight)
    Lucia Rae (ray of light)
    Lucia Belle (beautiful light)
    Lucia Skye

love Lucia and the concept of light - very pretty! Good luck! 
  • jenEPjenEP member
    Lucia Wren
  • I like Lucia but immediately think of the Scandinavian pronunciation. I think I like Rae best for a MN. I would stay away from L names, especially Lu as it's way too similar. 
  • I saw Lucia Rae from a PP and thought that it sounded beautiful!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I vote for Lucia Belle and Lucia Joy.  I like Lucia a lot, especially as you referred to the Spanish pronunciation.  I would be prepared for people to default to using the "sh" pronunciation, though.  You'll need to correct them.  

I like Sylvia a lot too.  Syl or Sylvie are cute!  
    Me: 1979 * Husband: 1976 * Little girl: 2010 * Little guy: 2013 * MMC: 2016 * Last baby: EDD 2/11/17!  
  • Lucia Dawn? Dawn is due for a comeback.