Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Fussy 7 month old

My son is 7 months and has already cut his two lower front teeth. I know his unusual fussing could be many things but I can't narrow it down. Not an ear infection and I really don't think it's a teething stage. He's starting to show signs of separation anxiety and trouble sleeping in his crib. He's just generally fussy all day long and nothing seems to help. 

Re: Fussy 7 month old

• Upper teeth, maybe? How long has he been fussy? Hopefully it's just a little phase.
  • He could be going thru a developmental milestone, and that usually brings a lot of unhappiness, anxiety, fussiness, etc. It's just a phase that can last a couple of days, or a couple of weeks. Have you heard of the Wonder Weeks? I read that and it helps me remember to try and give extra comfort and love and to be more nurturing when he's unhappy. It sounds like he just wants ts to be closer to you at the moment. What's wrong with that? I say give it to him, and he will at least be happier during these hard times.
  • Loading the player...
  • Is he drooling buckets? Pulling his ears? Pink cheeks? My normally very happy little man cut two teeth this weekend and has been very fussy for him. Everything is going in his mouth. It doesn't last all day but comes in pockets. It could be teething. 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012