Secondary IF
Options

How is it going?

With a lot of the old guard gone,  how are you all doing? I know it sucks to have boards like this die, so keep it going! You can chat too. So tell me:

What is your name (first, nickname, whatever you want to share)?
Where are you from or where do you live now?
How did you and your SO meet?
What do you do for work?
Are you 'out' in real life?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
Kid #2 - maybe???
Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
#11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh

Re: How is it going?

• Options
    I am Christen or mommy. I never really had NNs growing up besides my last name since I was an athlete.

I am from South Jerz, but followed a boy from college (good thing I married him!) to the DC area. I am ambivalent to the area, but don't really know where I would prefer to live. 

DH & I met in college - the very first weekend. AND he was such a dick. Seriously. lol. Over our freshman year we became civil and I became really close with his roommates. Then both his roommates left and didn't come back for Soph year. We started hanging out and eventually started dating. I am pretty sure he just couldn't resist my slutty devil halloween costume - please tell me someone else was a slutty something? Digital cameras weren't a thing then, thank goodness, and all my pics of that time are safely in albums never to be scanned - lol.

I am a financial consultant. It is as vague as it seems. No one really knows what we do half the time.

I actually only came out to friends and family last year after a year and a half of struggling with 2IF. One of the lovelies from here that I am close with now shared a great story about 2IF from RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association and I shared it with a quick story. I had a cousin call me immediately to share her 2IF story. It made me feel much better and helped get hugs rather than a barrage of questions from family at our next GTG.

I don't share pics od DD on here anymore since the TOS change, but she is my mini-me and a pistol. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    My nickname at work is PDub. I hail in the land of Silicon Valley of California (Northern Cali, but in the South Bay). I work in Marketing and Advertising doing CRM onboarding for a company in SF (a 1.5 hr commute each direction). I work mainly from home, and occasionally go into work a couple times a week. They're pretty laid back at my company which is nice. 

My DH and I met through Team in Training (aka Team in Dating). We raise funds to eradicate blood cancers while training for endurance events (him cycling and me triathlon). We talked very little during our season and bumped into each other in Honolulu during an event weekend 4 months later and never left each other's side after that. We have a 5 yr old who recently broke his finger (first broken bone! I know I shouldn't be proud, but I'm happy it's not a leg or an arm). 

I'm "out" with everyone. My DH was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer when our son was 3 months old (I didn't have a normal maternity leave). Same cancer Lance Armstrong had except it didn't spread to the brain like it did for Lance. We had to bank immediately after finding out the diagnosis and before the removal of the testicle. My DH and I are huge advocates for all men to periodically check their "balls" once a month (like a breast exam) and we share our story with everyone. My family and friends know that we are unable to have a 2nd LO naturally. The only person who doesn't know that I went through IVF and the FET's is my Grandma and my Aunt. They're hardcore old school Catholic and it would nearly kill them or disown me from the family. My Mom wasn't too happy with our decision, but has warmed up to the idea now and it doesn't seem to bother her. My fall back argument to my Mom is that God created the doctors with the smarts to create this technology to bring new life and it still is ultimately his choice. So far, it's working for me.

Anyways, off my soapbox. Check your man's balls! :)
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Catholic guilt is killer! My grandomother (is young, only 72) and has a few gay nephews, so she has progressed so much in the last 20 years - ha. She has accepted that if I get fixed, IVF will be our only option. We don't talk about that part a whole lot, but she seems to be okay with it. It could just be because she wants more great grandbabies and knows she won't get them from 3 of her grandsons!

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???