Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Periods after d&c for miscarriage

hi ladies, I just need to ask about your period after a d&c if you had one. My periods are soo heavy now. I keep thinking it will start to lighten up but I'm 6months from my d&c and my periods are super heavy. The first 2-3 days I fill a pad in 20-30min and have to change it. I also am wearing the super overnight pads and I have to get up and change that in the night at least once. TMI sorry , I lose large clots every time I go to the bathroom. Is this normal or should I be getting concerned. Thank you and sorry for the tmi. My yearly appt is in June with my gyn so I was waiting for that appt to ask but will call if this isn't normal. Before the miscarriage my periods were light and only lasted about 4-5 days. 

Re: Periods after d&c for miscarriage

• I'm also having super heavy periods after my D&C in February. This has been my 2nd. The first one was worse, but still very painful and heavy. For the first 3 days I was using the super tampons one every 2 hours max.

i have to say that my periods before taking the pill, were very heavy, not as much but still heavy. If you had lighter periods better call your Obgyn to be sure.

good luck!
    -Y
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've only had one period since my d&c in February. It was pretty bad...cramps were manageable but the bleeding was out of control. I was actually getting worried about how much blood I was losing because it was heavy like that for about 4 days. I usually have one kinda heaven day and it gets less and less from there. I'm pretty petite too so I was concerned. 

Now I'm worried about this AF because I should be due anytime now but I've had pelvic pain and cramping for days and period cramps at night and when resting for about 3-4 days now. I keep thinking I'm going to start but I haven't yet. Slight temp drop this morning but nothing yet. I'm worried it's going to be horrible when it happens. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok I'm sorry you have experienced similar periods. I've been having cramps for a full week before my period comes. I never had cramps before so these are all new to me. 
  • I also experienced an increase in flow after a d&c last year but in my case it got normal again after the about the 4th period. Your body is healing, if you're cramping really bad, then it wouldn't hurt checking with your doctor, just to be safe everything is ok. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• I don't believe soaking a pad sooner than an hour is normal, ever. I would call my OB sooner. 

My periods have been heavier when they start for sure and have more clots as well.