LGBT Parenting
Options

Weekly Check In 11th April

Jumping in with this week's check in. Sorry if it's a bit rushed but I'm on the mobile and battery is low.

Status? (Are you ttc, pregnant, parenting?)

What's happening this week?

GTKY: We're well into Spring, this week. What's your favourite thing about the season?

Re: Weekly Check In 11th April

• Options

What's happening this week?: We had a positive hpt on Saturday!!! I'm trying to calm down a little bit now the initial rush has had time to dissipate - we had a CP whilst ttc little S & I now need to see it in black and white before I can call myself pregnant. Provided bloods check out we would have a mid - December due date - late enough to be a Christmas baby but early enough to not get birthday and Christmas lumped in together. And I was really hoping for another Winter baby. Perfect.

So this week, along with my birthday, we're hoping to have another private little celebration.

GTKY: My birthday! I know it seems silly, a grown woman of 30 (No wait, 31! Lol) getting all excited about her birthday still but I have such happy memories from my childhood that I was still feeling that tingle yesterday night on my birthday-eve.
  • Options
    1st off - @Twochickshavinachick - Congratulations!!!! We're in a very similar position right now :)

Status? Pregnant(ish?)

What's happening this week? Ok, I couldn't hold out for the entire TWW after our first transfer on Mar 31st.  5dpt we got a definite positive and we just did the blood test today so I'm waiting to hear what the levels are.  I'm a bit on pins and needles because lots of the posts I've seen on this website and others imply that they only got positives that early on for twin pregnancies.  I'm not sure if that is thrilling or terrifying just yet.

GTKY: We're well into Spring, this week. What's your favourite thing about the season? Easy, it's the rainy season in east Texas and after 2 years in west Texas, I'm sleeping ridiculously well with the sound of rain on a metal roof again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Big, huge congratulations to @Twochickshavinachick and @retropetro on your pregnancies!  So excited for you and can't wait to hear about your journeys.  Best wishes for a healthy nine months to you.

Status? (Are you ttc, pregnant, parenting?) 
    My wife and I had our third attempt at IUI yesterday.  Thus far, we have only been tracking V's temperature and using ovulation prediction kits to schedule unmedicated IUIs. If this cycle doesn't work, we will meet with our doctor to see if we need to make any changes to what we've been doing.

Even if this cycle doesn't work, V and I felt really good about our experience yesterday. We had a different nurse than the one we had the previous two attempts.  This nurse took a lot of care to ensure that V was comfortable throughout the procedure, and she included me as well.  She invited me to watch what she was doing and explained each step. 
    Once the nurse had the catheter and syringe exactly where she needed it, and invited me to actually complete the insemination!  The first nurse never provided us that option, and I figured my only job was to hold V's hand throughout the process.  So, yesterday was a much more positive experience than we expected it to be, given the unconventional way we must TTC.

What's happening this week?  My sister's birthday is tomorrow, and V and I are having dinner with her and her friends.  Friday night, I'll be joining some ladies from work for happy hour.  I think our weekend is free so far, and I'm just fine with that!  

GTKY: We're well into Spring, this week. What's your favourite thing about the season?   Tomorrow will be the first day we've seen the sun in New England in about a week, so I'm looking forward to taking my pup to the dog park!  We love watching her play with her friends. :smile: 
  • Options
    CONGRATS! @retropetro @Twochickshavinachick

@VL2016 we are in the same boat! Sending good vibes your way!

What's happening this week? So AF finally showed up last month, I guess she just wanted to show up late. We did a third IUI treatment on  the 11th, I go in tom to see if the follicle has collapsed. We felt the whole process went better than before. This week is busy with my birthday on Sunday and next week I work quite a bit, so I will be quite distracted during this TWW. 

GTKY: Well the weather hasn't been the greatest in Texas, I love the rain, not so much the hail and tornadoes! But when it isn't storming it's perfect fishing weather! 
  • Options
    @Twochickshavinachick congrats!!!and happy belated birthday! I'm dreading 30 lol and @retropetrocongrats! I had my son in December. Great month! And twins omg baby nurse! Is all I have to say! I pray they are easy babies for you LOL. 

@VL2016 how are you feeling? That's awesome you were allowed to participate! My wife too only experienced sitting observing. I wonder if given the chance she would have jumped in lol. 

Status? (Are you ttc, pregnant, 

Parent to a now 4 month, 19 lbs teething baby boy!

What's happening this week? So much! I've been back to work for about two weeks now. At first it was really sad and exhausting. I really contemplated my decision and then God gave me the answer; my aunt that was watching him, quit! He was too much for her! Ha! Told yall he was a handful lol. I swear he'd get kicked out of day care if he was in one. So I was forced to put my two week notice. It's bittersweet. I love what I do, I am good at it. But there's tremendous peace knowing I will raise my son how I want to. I could go on so I won't lol.

GTKY: We're well into Spring, this week. What's your favourite thing about the season?
    The weather of course!!! I am dreading 100+ degrees this summer so I will enjoy as much as I can this Spring.
  • Options
    so just an update - my hcg levels spiked really high on my first two blood tests but then dropped by half on the 3rd.  RE said chemical pregnancy.  Disappointed but will be trying again!
  • Options
    @angelicac06 Feeling well,  thank you!  V, on the other hand, has a cold.  Poor thing - she's fighting during our two-week wait.

I'm sorry to hear you'll have to stop working. 
    I know you've struggled with this decision for awhile.  At least you'll be sure your baby's getting the best care possible! 

@retropetro I'm so sorry to learn of your loss.
    I hope you find healing and peace.
  • Options
    @retropetro so sorry to hear this & wishing the best for you when you feel ready to try again. Take care.