January 2016 Moms

Allergies

I plan on asking LO's Pedi. in two weeks when we go for his 4 month checkup, but I think DS may be experiencing some allergies.

He's always been a sneezer, but lately he'll sneeze at least 7-8 times a day sometimes more, and it's 5-6 sneezes per time.  His eyes today are a little red and watery looking and he's been coughing on/off randomly.  He seems happy, has been eating, sleeping okay, and hasn't been acting off.  So I don't think it's a cold/virus.  I just worry that he may be allergic to our animals or maybe the fact that because our house is so old, the dust and older heating ducts may be causing him to react this way. 

Does anyone have experience with infants and allergies?  

Re: Allergies

• I think my LO has some allergies as well. He gets one eye that will water uncontrollably if we are outside for an extended period of time. He also sneezes a lot. DH and I both have seasonal allergies, so I'm guessing LO does too. I'm also bringing it up at his 4 month appointment. 
  • I would put a call into your kiddos doctor sooner. There aren't a lot of medication options at this age, but things you can do are no use fragrances in the air like air freshener or candles, use fragrance free laundry detergent, wash clothing in hot water, get an air purifier, and ensure you bath your pets on a regular basis as well as vacuum on a regular basis. My DD2 has allergy issues but that's what we do to ensure she is comfortable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Is pollen season in rva. Green cars and what not. It bothers me sometimes and don't have allergies! I want leave all my windows open on 73 degree days but pollen will be in everything in the house. We also have a long gravel driveway and I swear it make our house twice as dusty. Just try to keep everything clean like @PedsIsHardcore said. And change your shirt and babes clothes when you come in from the outside, so your not carrying that stuff indoors. And gently wipe lo's face down cool cloth periodically. Also if you wear foundation and face powder on the regular. My lo would always sneeze when my Dh's grandmother was around. It's was crazy amounts she used though, lol. Face powder, hairspray,perfume,baby powder the works.
  • Same here. I am curious what dr will say.
  • So far, DS hasn't been that bad.  He still sneezes and I went and bought a Nose Frida (which he absolutely hates!) but has been helpful. I think he has a love/hate with it right now.  He will cry when I do it, because of the initial sucking, extraction of the snot, but pretty soon after I do it, he's his happy self again. At this rate, we will wait until we see the Pedi. on the 26th.  I have taken the advice about being extra diligent with cleaning and using fragrant free things, in an effort to keep try and eliminate whatever may be causing this.