December 2015 Moms
Options

Ugh

I feel like I'm not "momming" right. She's the first one to always get taken care of, of course.. I just feel like I still don't have my crap together balancing life with a baby as a new mom. Will I ever feel balanced? How do moms keep a clean house, do good at their job, happy kid(s), happy SO, AND manage to look good all while finding time for their self?!? I'll never know. Are we all truly struggling at this and some just hide it better?

I took nearly 2 weeks off due to surgery (just returned to work yesterday) and I feel like I just returned back from maternity leave. I feel like I'm neglecting my baby by working.... My job doesn't have a set schedule routine it's all jumbled up, my SO is definitely not on a set schedule our life is CRAZY. Most of the time mine and his dinner is around 12pm. LUCKILY she got herself in her own routine/bedtime but I need my own I haven't found it yet and it's making me go nuts!

Are any of you still having issues adjusting and finding your routine?

Re: Ugh

• Options
    Having it all together is a fantasy. I learned to followed my mom's and grandma's advice and pick my battles. Cleaning frequently comes last so I try to make this as simple as possible. Laundry isn't ever put away but it's clean, same with dishes. Vacuuming isn't done as often as it should be.

However, my kids are fed and happy. I have a partnership with my husband that we work out but we're both happy having mutual support. And I have to just make time for me and accept sometimes it's cut shorter than I'd like. I take the baby in the bathroom with me while DS is sleeping or with his dad, we listen to music and she chills in the bouncy seat while I relax in a hot bath. When I can get them both asleep I can watch an episode or two of a show or read the chapter of a book then got to bed after DD's first motn feeding.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Is your SO working? If he's not ask him to help out around the house.  Unless he's a stay at home dad.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yes, please! Nobody has it all together. Not that cute mom at pick-up with the always nice hair, not that dad in the grocery store smiling at his toddler happily eating grapes, not the mom at church with her 3 kids all under 5 perfectly dressed & well behaved. No ones house is always clean, SO happy, kids happy- etc etc.
    just do the best you can. Be your own best cheerleader. And find some mommies you like & build your village. This is THE key to sanity. IMHO 
  • Options
    Stop comparing yourself to others, you're going to drive yourself mad.
  • Options
    All of the previous posts. 

I also have a variable work schedule, which is really tough.  I feel like I am scrambling to spend time with her, but I also want her to have space to wiggle, sleep, etc as SHE needs, not as I need.  Just remember your babe loves you regardless of everything.  Don't judge yourself based on what you think you SHOULD be doing, because you're doing great.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @momotheflyinglemur, I appreciate how you've broken down your response. It helped me think of our at-home time in smaller, manageable chunks as opposed to one overwhelming span of time. That in itself makes me feel better. Thank you! 
  • Options
    What keeps me sane, is to just take each day and break it down to make it manageable. Like on today's agenda, get 2 loads of laundry done and give baby a bath. Tomorrow is meal prep and try a mommy and me yoga DVD. The next day, grocery shop and vacuum the floors, day after that is clean the bathroom and dust the shelves. So on and so forth. Stuff that you can stay on top of and if I get just one or two of these tasks accomplished everyday, it won't make everything feel so daunting. 
  • Options
    @DandT2point0  Woot! You got this, lady! I believe in you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker