Breastfeeding

Ex pumping with a dwindling supply

I have been exclusively pumping since my son was about 1 month, (he's 4.5 months now), he was a couple weeks early and never latched correctly or got a sufficient supply from the breast solely. I've noticed my supply dwindling, I've even had to crack into my frozen supply from when I was producing like a champ! I have the tea but 5 times a day? I don't have time to steep 5 cups a day. I've heard of mrs patel's bars but not sure if they'll actually help, and they're $24/box. I already pump every time my son has a bottle and I even do an extra in the middle of the night while he sleeps. Any suggestions on things I could try to up my supply?

Re: Ex pumping with a dwindling supply

• Domperidone works
  • Oatmeal can be helpful in increasing your supply. I ate it every morning for breakfast and made oatmeal cookies for when my supply needed a boost. 

Have you tried replacing the membranes on your pump? Sometimes a decrease in output can be solved by doing a little maintenance on your pump. You can also try massaging your breasts in a downward motion to help the pump remove more milk. 

Here's some other tips from Kellymom:
    https://kellymom.com/hot-topics/pumping_decrease/
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • USDA put a do not compound order on domperideone this year....I had wanted to get some too but it is illegal in the US now. A LC told me you could import it from online sites but I really don't feel like that is safe
  • USDA put a do not compound order on domperideone this year....I had wanted to get some too but it is illegal in the US now. A LC told me you could import it from online sites but I really don't feel like that is safe
    I bought it from In House pharmacy in Vanuatu. They have you click a button that says you'll fax them the Rx but I did not and they still processed it and shipped. Took about 3 weeks to get.
  • I replaced the membranes, valves, and even the tubing last week. Seems to have helped a little but not a ton. I ordered honest companies lactation pills and they shipped today. I bought some oatmeal but last time I tried that it didn't seem to do a ton. Baby is sleeping from 11-7 now which seems to help. That way I get a whole extra bottle pumped while he's asleep. I also got AF yesterday so that may explain my drastic drop over the weekend. We will see!