February 2016 Moms

Sick baby after immunization shots?

To be clear, I'm not looking to restart the vaccination debate. My baby is getting vaccinated. As a FTM, I'm curious as to if you ST+ moms have had immunizations for LO, and if they got sick afterward (that afternoon, next day, etc.). I ask because I have some friends who want to come over and meet LO the next morning, but I'm not sure if LO will feel up to it since I don't know what to expect. I know every baby is different; I'm just looking for your experiences. Thanks in advance for your input! 

Re: Sick baby after immunization shots?

• My babe got hers yesterday and all is well no issues or problems 
  • Mine got his on Tuesday. He also had a cold so he basically slept the rest of the day
  • Loading the player...
  • DD never had an issue. Maybe a little fussy but Tylenol usually helped. DS had his first ones 2 weeks ago and was perfectly fine. My kiddos just sleep all day after they get their shots
    my advice is to be ready with a bottle or boob to help calm them if they're really fussy. Also buy your infant Tylenol before hand just in case
  • My DD got hers yesterday and so far no major issues. She seems a little more irritable when I change her, probably because her legs are a little sore, I haven't noticed any fever yet (knock on wood). 
  • Lurking from Jan - mine slept all day after getting his, but didn't sleep at all that night and was super fussy the next day
  • Mine was fine after her first round. We got her 2 month last week and she's been constipated since. After doing a Google search, it's not super uncommon. So we're trying to get her regular again, but other than that she's been fine. 
  • Just makes them a little fussy and might get a low grade fever? But Tylenol works just keep up with the dose every 4 hours and they will feel better in 24 hours.
  • Thanks everyone! It's helpful to have a ballpark idea of what to expect. :-)
  • We got ours today. She's super fussy and not consolable. I already gave her some Tylenol and I'm hoping that helps. It doesn't help that she's got thrush too and has sores on her upper lip. I'm thinking it's going to be a long night. 
  • I think it depends on the baby. DS1 always was sleepy day one and  cranky and irritable day two. It was like clock work every time he got his vaccines. We did DS2's vaccines this past week. He never missed a beat on his schedule outside of being a little more sleepy the first day. Our first son always reacted to the rotovirus vaccine too each time he had it getting diarrhea for a few days. No problem with the second kid so far with it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker