TTC After a Loss
Options

Anyone else waiting for AF post d&c?

Its 6 weeks and 2 days after d&c and nothing has happened. Finally got a negative hpt last week. My doctor said to wait a cycle but a few days ago we decided to stop using protection. I didn't think it would take this long to get it so now we are antsy to start trying again.. Anybody else in the same boat? 

Re: Anyone else waiting for AF post d&c?

• Options
    Yes!  I am 4 weeks post D&C tomorrow.  After my first one I got AF 4 weeks and 2 days later, so I am hoping it will arrive soon.  My hpts are nearly negative (faint lines) but I had a lot more bleeding this time (2 weeks vs. 2-3 days).  We are not using protection now and will be trying with the next cycle since my testing came back normal and I'm on the older side.  I've never been so anxious to get AF, got really excited about some cramping that turned out to be gas, and a headache I got the other day, LOL!
  • Options
    I am 5 weeks post D&C tomorrow. On monday my last hcg draw was 21 so hopefully it goes down to 0 soon. I have no idea when you ovulate once hcg is gone, we're aren't trying this cycle anyways just want to have an idea when AF will come. Ugh this waiting game sucks! :( 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in the same boat but at the same time hopefully not. I was 5 weeks post d&c yesterday but we have been actively trying already, so while I am waiting, I am also hoping she doesn't show. I finally got a negative HPT Friday and ovulated Saturday so I'm pretty sure AF is about 7-10 days away 
  • Options
    My d&c was on February 1 and I'm still waiting.  My hcg is finally in the double digits, and my RE thinks I ovulated sometime in the past week based on progesterone levels, so AF should be 1.5-2 weeks away (although hoping she doesn't show for the same reason as @SnobunnieMel, as we were didn't have to wait at all).
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    I had a natural miscarriage at 9 weeks/baby measuring 6 weeks around 2/17, and my hcg level was negative by 3/28 (it was under 5 by 3/21, which to my understanding is also negative).  No idea if I ovulated, but AF arrived on 3/30.  I too never thought I'd be excited for a period, but it was a relief it arrived.  Waiting really does suck.  
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Options
    I got mine 4 weeks 3 days after but every couple days have been spotting...I was so glad when I got it now I wish it would just end already. Hope you get yours soon
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone but sorry you all have similar experience. Thankfully the only reason we were advised to wait is for dating the pregnancy.. I would much rather have a positive hpt but the waiting is driving me insane!! 

It seemed like I ovulated 3 days ago. I felt some sharp cramping and I read ovulation can be slightly uncomfortable after a miscarriage. But maybe it's all in my head and I'm just hoping I feel something. Only time will tell I just wish the wait wasn't so obnoxious lol
  • Options
    I'm 27 days past the day I took cytotec for my miscarriage. (I was 9 weeks with a blighted ovum that measured 7 weeks 1 day). 

We had a CP immediately prior so, due to the back to back losses I'm benched 3 cycles. Doctor's orders and my wish (need a break). I'm actually starting the mini pill tomorrow. We don't want to take chances since I'm adamant about a mental health break. 

But, I hope you get AF or pregnant soon :) 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 so sorry to hear that! I could totally understand needing the break after two in a row! 

• Options
    I'm only two weeks post D&C, though I'm pretty sure I ovulated this week, I had cramping only on my right side, I noticed the mucus and took the ovulation test. I did not temp. Had my post surgery apt yesterday and the doctor was pretty sure I should have my period in the next few weeks. I'm itching to try again right away, although I'm also nervous about trying again so soon. 2 MC's in 4 month is alot to handle, thinking I might wait 1 more month just to make sure I'm back to being me first (IF that makes sense).
  • Options
    @Cubslove12 - that makes complete sense - I remember the doctor at the ER saying we could try again as soon as we felt emotionally ready. If you need another month to feel more like yourself then you should take it.
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Today I am 6 weeks post D&C and no AF. I did have some intense cramping 2 weeks ago and I was so sure that I was about to get my period. After reading these boards, I wonder if I was ovulating? 

I called my doctor today and am waiting for the nurse to call me back. My doctor said 4-6 weeks so now that I'm at week 6, I want to make sure everything is okay. I did take a pregnancy test this weekend and it came back Negative. 

This waiting game sucks!! 
    Me: 31  DH: 31
    Married: 11.2.14
    TTC: October 2015
    BFP: 1.24.16
    Confirmed MC: 2.25.16 at 8 weeks. Blighted Ovum.
    Baby Due: 4.24.17
    Confirmed M/C 10.27.16 at 14 weeks; D&C 10/28/16

• Options
    I am with you @rkroupa...I'll be 6 weeks post D&C on friday but as of last week I still had hcg in my system, going for another beta level check today- hopefully it will be gone by now (last week it was 21) because my doctor said I wouldn't ovulate or have my period until then. I just want something to happen! I'm not patient AT ALL. 
  • Options
    rkrouparkroupa member
    edited April 2016
    @Spartanrd4  I feel your pain! Let us know how it goes. I never had my HCG tested, but since my pregnancy test came back negative, I'm thinking that means I don't have any HCG remaining? 

I'm waiting for my doctor to call me back. Good luck today!! 

• Options
    It'll be 7 weeks tomorrow for me... I *think* I ovulated a week ago but I have no idea if it really happened. I have been having sore breasts and some cramping for the last few days so hopefully soon... I'm so impatient. 
  • Options
    Went to the doc today and she gave me the go ahead to actively start trying even though I haven't had a period! So excited
  • Options
    Update - I talked to my doctor yesterday and she prescribed me Progesterone for 5 days to start my period. 

Anyone else take this? It could still take 2 weeks for me to get my period, but atleast it's something! 

• Options
    @rkroupa - I'm not taking it - but I wanted to say that your attitude is great. It may take awhile, but you're actively taking steps and making progress. 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My hcg level came back at 12...doc said for their lab anything less than 10 is normal. So close! One more lab draw next week....this is the pits. I just want my period!! I feel like I'm 14 again begging for it. If it doesn't happen in the next couple weeks they told me to call back. Let me know how the progestrone works @rkroupa !
  • Options
    Thanks @catiecatp. Believe me, I have had my moments where I have broke down crying out of frustration! Im just very hopeful that the progesterone will work so that I can finally get my AF. 

@Spartanrd4 - ugh, I hope your HcG levels come down soon! I know it doesn't help, but atleast you are close!! Keep us updated!

• Options
    @Spartanrd4 I have my hcg test tomorrow and I'm crossing my fingers I make it under that 10!  2 weeks ago I was at 49 so it really should be done, but isn't the constant blood draw a pain?  I feel like a pincushion.  My bruise from the last one was finally gone this weekend and tomorrow is another poke.

My cytotec was on 3/5 when I was 11w1d, with the growth at about 9w3d, and I've had some spotting this week, but nothing like a period.  I've had all the PMS symptoms though and I am in the boat with the rest of you about hating the unpredictability and stress of waiting.  I hope everyone gets some relief soon!
  • Options
    Yes it's been 3 weeks post d&e and doctor said 4-6. Will be trying again right after that. I'm nervous. 
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    Week 7 today. Just finished my Progesterone on Friday. Doctor said I would get it within 2 weeks - so here's hoping! This suspense of waiting in limbo and just hoping to get my period is horrible. 

• Options
    4 weeks out tomorrow...wouldn't it be magical if AF reared her head tomorrow? I've never welcomed her so much in my life. 

Thought I might keep this thread going seeing as how we have an ongoing TWW and WTO thread and some of us really don't fit in either place yet...
  • Options
    I'm at 5 and a half weeks now :(  I'm so over this waiting.  I got my hopes up thinking maybe I was pregnant but hpts are remaining very faint.  I think I'll call the ob-gyn if nothing happens by this weekend (6 weeks).
  • Options
    It's been almost 7 weeks since my D&C but I may have ovulated last Friday so hopefully AF shows next week. Finally hcg free so something should happen soon FX!
  • Options
    @lilyaster I'm sorry AF isn't here yet. Is someone following your betas down? Hope you don't have to wait much longer. 

@Spartanrd4 Ugh 7 weeks? Hopefully AF shows up when you expect her to. I'm jealous you may have ovulated only because it gives you a little guidance on when to expect AF. I am anovulatory thus far :(
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida I have longer cycles anyways and the combination of taking over 6 weeks for my hcg to fall to zero and the prolonged spotting I had post D&C equals a long wait. Here's hoping for AF for all of us!
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida I haven't had my betas followed with any of my m/c's.  They did a urine test two weeks after my latest d&c and the doctor was surprised it was still positive (I thought that was odd, I expected it to still be positive just two weeks out).  I had the tiniest amount of spotting today but not feeling pms-y.  Hoping my body is trying to get it together!
  • Options
    @lilyaster That does strike me as odd that your doc was expecting a negative result so soon. FX your body gets it together soon!

My temps are continuing to fall but no AF in sight and I don't feel at all PMS-like either. Bleh. 
  • Options
    I called my midwife today (not the doc I had seen) and she said I could come in and get my hcg checked, but that it could take 4-8 weeks to get AF.  I've had brown spotting today but not enough to call a period.  I'm ready to not feel broken anymore!
  • Options
    Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited April 2016
    So I'm supposed to be 8dpo today but started brown spotting yesterday and my bbt went below the cover line today. I put a tampon in and there were some small brown clots. No real cramping...is this supposed to be my period? Maybe I didn't really ovulate at all, I stopped spotting post D&C 4 weeks ago and just confirmed hcg 0 This past Monday. I'm very confused!
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4 Unfortunately I think anything goes, including random spotting, weird LP lengths, weird cycle lengths, etc. With my last loss everything resumed like clockwork and this time...not so much. No sign of O or AF. I'm sorry you have confusing signs. Maybe AF is shy starting out or its just random spotting. Hopefully it straightens out soon! 
  • Options
    Thanks @Wishilivedinflorida....should of expected a wonky first cycle after MC. This morning I'm having a little more cramping and definite red flow now so thinking this is my period. LP 3 days shorter than normal but obviously this cycle was much longer than normal too so FX next cycle will be better!
  • Options
    Today is 8 weeks no AF. I feel like I just want to sceam. Has anyone else had to wait this long? I feel so hopeless - all I can do is sit and wait. Please tell me there is someone else out there that experienced this!! I'm starting to think something is wrong :( 

• Options
    edited April 2016
    @rkroupa Have you made an appointment with your OB? Generally after 60 days they will prescribe you sometime to jumpstart AF. 

Edit: Just wanted to say that I'm sorry you've had to wait 8 weeks. That's just awful!
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida thank you! My doctor put me on progesterone after 6 weeks and told me that I should get it within 2 weeks of finishing the pills. This upcoming Friday will be the 2 week point of finishing the Progesterone. I'm just feeling defeated. I'm going to call her today - I want to get an appointment on the books cause I'm not feeling very hopeful that I will get it prior to Friday. I'm trying really hard to be positive, but it's sooooo hard. 

• Options
    @rkroupaI waited a long time as well.  My d&c was on 2/1, and I got my period on 4/16.  I cannot remember if you've been having bloodwork periodically or not.   I was watching my HCG slowly, slowly fall, and then we actually saw that I had ovulated based on progesterone, so that was a useful data point at least and gave me some idea that AF was coming.  I was always wearing dark clothes and sometimes wearing a pad just in case if I was going to be in a meeting or somewhere where I couldn't run out if needed, because I had read so many things about first AF after loss being awful and I felt like I could just start gushing blood at anytime.  You are not alone, it takes some women longer than others.  If you have not been in regular communications with your doctor, though, I would encourage you to make an appt (maybe ultrasound & bw?) for peace of mind.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    @rkroupa I just had my period- took 7 weeks from the day of my D&C to come. I was definitely getting worried too. Were you ever tracking your hcg levels down? Mine didn't go down to zero until almost 6 weeks and then I ovulated. I would give your OB a call...wouldn't hurt to see what they say!